“Great for an overnight stay on a long trip.”

Comfort Suites Innsbrook
Ranked #17 of 23 Hotels in Glen Allen
Detroit, Michigan
“Great for an overnight stay on a long trip.”
Reviewed 17 September 2010

We chose this hotel due to location, price, and ability to sleep six in the same room. We were traveling from MI to NC and stopped here overnight. We had 2 kids on the pullout bed, and four adults in the two double beds. We had a somewhat challenging time finding it since it was in an office complex-type of area and rather dark with poor signage. The gentleman behind the counter was friendly and courteous, and despite what appeared to be his limited eyesight, was quick and efficient with check-in. We arrived around 9 pm and hustled the kids to the indoor pool, which closed at 10 pm. The rugs throughout the hallways appeared dirty, stained, and in need of major cleaning or replacement. Pool area was clean and just warm enough, not stifling. Room was cozy, but not a problem. Half wall between sofa bed and bed was a nice divider. Had to ask for extra towels since we had 6 in the room and only 4 towels in the bathroom. Bathroom not great...the tub floor did not feel solid, and seemed to "pop" sometimes when you stepped around. There was a lot of mold/mildew behind the wallpaper around the shower enclosure, and more than a few hairs from (I assume) previous guests on the ceiling and walls. The hot water took a long time to heat up. Venting was average. Pillows were small and square, about 15x15 inches and not supportive--felt like a light foam filling. Mattress was firm but comfortable. Air conditioning worked well, somewhat loud blower. Breakfast was excellent, with a huge selection of foods, from cereals and bagels and muffins to yogurt, waffles, omelets, ham, several kinds of fruit, coffee, two kinds of juice, tea, plus all of the condiments (cream cheese, jelly, etc.) needed. An excellent value for under $100 a night when you include the breakfast.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank MIOBXLVR

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 18 July 2010

I should have suspected something was up when a disgruntled guest was telling the desk clerk Travis that they wanted to get out of this hotel, and go to another. But I had already made my reservation and didn't want to rock the applecart. Now I wish I had.

I had a very unpleasant experience with Travis. My personal check in was neither pleasant, nor simple.

While being a non-smoking hotel, my room had a serious stench of cigarettes.

The worst part was the hotel pool. I used it one evening, and after getting in noticed that the filter was off. When I read the maintenance board, it hadn't been updated in four days. If the pool wasn't working or maintained, why was it open?!

Very bad experience.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank DCpatron
maryland
Reviewed 8 April 2010

My son and I stayed here a week for work. From the moment we checked in I was pleased. The staff in this hotel went out of the their way for us.The nicest people We felt like they were family

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
North Carolina
Reviewed 9 January 2010

My mother, sister, neice and I stayed here over Christmas. My brother and his family live about ten minutes away, so it was an excellent location. Although I could've shared the bed with my Mom, I slept on the couch. There was a microwave and refrigerator in our room. We were the first room on the left past the front desk, so it was convenient. Right across the street there was ample shopping and we spent Christmas Eve all over those shops. My sister got sick Christmas day and the front desk looked up the directions to the nearest hospital for us. Breakfast each morning was great, too. And bring your swimsuit! There is a heated indoor pool!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
Concord, NC
Reviewed 29 June 2009

Room was filthy, refrigerator didn’t work properly, no silverware, no dishwasher detergent, fixtures broken, smoke detector missing, A/C intermittently worked, phones marked as different room, lights out, lamps broken, filthy walls, terrible stains on couch…. I could go on and on and on. This stay was enough for me to swear off Comfort Suites and anything marketed as “Choice Hotels”. Management was informed of deficiencies shortly after arrival and did nothing. Accidentally left small device in room, called them, and they wouldn’t even go to the room to check for it. Computers broken in business center.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
vamit, Manager at Comfort Suites Innsbrook, responded to this review, 30 June 2009
I really appreciate you taking time to provide us your feedback and sincerely apologise for the discomfort during your stay with us at Comfort Suites. We take a very serious view of any deficiencies pointed out by our valued clients and customers.
We have rectified the same and have addressed the issues with our staff to ensure it does not recur. However, this in no respect represents the service we provide to our customers and strive to meet and exceed their expectations.

amit
Boston, MA
Reviewed 14 February 2009

I couldn't believe this was a Comfort Suites... it was fantastic. Clean, friendly, beautifully decortated... everything was new! We stayed on our way to driving to Florida and I'll stay at this Comfort Suites the next time I drive to Florida. GREAT VALUE!

• Liked — Clean! Clean! Clean!
  • Disliked — Could use better lighting in the room.
  • Stayed February 2009
    • Check-in / front desk
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 August 2008

We were spending a day at King's Dominion and wanted a place to stay after our day there. All the hotels closest to King's Dominion had such bad/questionable reviews, we looked further. Boy, are we glad we did!

This hotel is about 30 minutes south of King's Dominion and was a total total surprise when we arrived. The hotel is beautiful and the staff was just wonderful. There is a marble spiral staircase in the lobby and the whole place is just gorgeous!

Traveling with 2 young children, we were very happy with our double-bed room that also included a pull-out sofa bed. The room was spacious and well-appointed. The beds and pillows were so comfortable and the bathroom actually had room to move around in and was very clean and well-maintained!

This hotel serves breakfast in the a.m. and it was very nicely set-up and they had nice table/chair arrangements so you could eat with your family and not be crowded in a too-small space and not even hear each other.

The location is in a very nice area and it was very quiet and convenient to fuel stations, malls, eateries, etc.

We were disappointed to only stay one night here. It's definitely worth the 30 minutes from King's Dominion to have such an outstanding experience after a long day at the park!

• Liked — Location/price/amenities
  • Disliked — only one public computer in the business center
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)