“Very nice long stay”

Candlewood Suites Richmond West End Short Pump
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Glen Allen
Reviewed 8 March 2014

My husband and I just stayed 7 nights at this hotel in Richmond while visiting family. We were snowed in for 2 days while staying there. The accommodations were very clean and attractive, price was right, it was quiet, and the people who worked there could not have been nicer or more helpful. Within walking distance are very nice shopping malls and a grocery store right next door to the hotel. We have found a 'home away from home' when we visit Richmond again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Although they cater to long term stay clients, I stayed for one night and used points plus cash, so the price was just right! The one bedroom suite had a fully equipped kitchen, recliner, TV with VCR and DVD player, sizable workspace, free wifi, laundry, snack type store, open area business center. Staff was friendly. Felt safe in the area. Keep your car parked and walk across the busy street to find a very nice, safe, walkable urban village with residential, retail (Whole Foods, REI, Bonefish Grill, Dave & Buster, Irish Pub, etc), university, financial and so on.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank slowee08
CWSRichmondWest, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Richmond West End Short Pump, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and found us to be a good value for all the free amenities we offer our guests. The IHG Reward Club points plus cash does offer a great deal! I am glad you also liked our location in the West End. The shopping area you mentioned is called West Broad Village and is so great to have right across the street with all the shopping and restaurants options for our guests. Thanks for staying with us and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed 9 February 2014

I was looking for extended stay options in Richmond due to being relocated with work. I came across the Candlewood Suites in Short Pump and decided to give it a try. The hotel was very clean and quiet. The staff was very helpful and knew me by name by the 2nd or 3rd day. I ended up staying for two months and would have had no issue staying longer if needed. I did not have a single complaint of the location and booked my parents a room when they recently came to visit. Some of the bonuses include: On Site Laundry that is FREE, Gym, Free internet, and mini-grocery store.

For the price you will not find a better location and value in the Short Pump area!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
CWSRichmondWest, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Richmond West End Short Pump, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Thank you so much for this awesome review! I am so glad you enjoyed your extended stay with us at the Candlewood Suites Richmond West. It's also good to hear that our free laundry facilities and gym made the stay even better. Getting to know our guest during their stay is what makes this so enjoyable and it was great getting to know you! Thanks again for staying with us and for taking the time to post your review.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

This is clearly an extended hotel as there are many guests who seem to call it home. It is very clean however and the staff friendly. It is located quite conveniently just a ways down the road from Short Pump Mall and was set back off the road so you didn't hear traffic. The simple Queen Studio was perfect for our 2 night stay for my husband and I as we were biding time in the Richmond area.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor facing the front and it was fine
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and especially our cleanliness and great location close to Short Pump Town Center. While many of our guests are on long term projects we are happy to serve those staying just a few nights as well! We appreciate you staying with us while in Richmond.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

The rooms were very nice for the low price! Very surprised. Front office staff was very friendly. My only complaint is the directions on the email confirmation are horrible! Will definitely stay here again...

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank TravelerVAVA

Thank you for your review! I am glad that you enjoyed our rooms and the value that we can offer. Our staff has been with us for quite a long time so I am happy that they treated you well. Thanks for the feedback on the directions... I will check to see that all information is correct.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

This place offers really a great value for the price! Clean, spacious room with kitchenette (fridge, microwave, dishwasher, cooking facilities), a nice, tiny fitness area, free laundry and Internet as well as free printing!
We stayed here during a wedding of friends and the staff at the reception were just the best! Especially a lady called Christina made us really feel at home and gave us good advice for our trip further.
The Short pump mall is located just a 20 mins walk from here.

We really enjoyed our 5 days stay here a lot and can recommend this place to anyone coming to Richmond.

Room Tip: Well, Richmond is really a wide spreaded city, so it would be much easier to get around with a car...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Wow! What an awesome review. Thank you so much for taking the time to post this. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and all the great free amenities that we offer (laundry, internet and printing as you mentioned). Christina has been with us for 8 years now and I agree that she is great. I am glad she made you feel at home while visiting all the way from Germany! Thanks again for staying with us and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 23 June 2013

I stayed at this hotel for almost 9 months and went home on weekends. It was nice to be able to do my laundry for free not haul it back and forth on weekends. The rooms are clean and quiet, the front desk and all of the staff are very friendly and willing to help in anyway they can. The bed and pillows are very comfy for a good nights sleep. The location is excellent, close to any kind of food and shopping you could think of. If in the area again I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for writing this excellent review on your stay. It makes me proud that you can rate us a 5 out of 5 after a nine month stay! This consistency is certainly our #1 goal. I know it is tough being on the road so long but I am so glad our Free laundry facilities and new "Comforts of Home" bedding helped make it enjoyable for you. Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to write this review.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Glen Allen
Hyatt Place Richmond/Innsbrook
Comfort Suites Innsbrook
Comfort Suites Innsbrook
#17 of 23 in Glen Allen

Been to Candlewood Suites Richmond West End Short Pump? Share your experiences!