“Overall a good value”

Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Glen Allen
Boston, Massachusetts
“Overall a good value”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Stayed here for 3 weeks on a business trip due to fair pricing and easy access to my work location on Cox Road. The suite I was in had the right accommodations for a 3 week stay (e.g. large couch, working area) but most of the issues were outside of the room. For example, the pool had too much chlorine in it (had a skin reaction to it) and the elevators were broken throughout my stay and so I was forced to walk to my room on the 3rd floor most of the time. I'm sure the elevator has since been fixed...hopefully. Some of the staff members made my stay worthwhile and others I just avoided due to poor customer service. I would stay here again for the value only.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank biztravkw
Carl B, General Manager at Hyatt Place Richmond/Innsbrook, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Thank you for your feedback. I will be certain to share your review with the team. I am very happy to report that effective 8/29 we will be operating with two brand new control units for our elevators and we can expect our elevator issue to be a thing of the past.

-Carl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Zionsville, Indiana
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

I would have given this hotel a 4-star rating had it not been for a number of issues. First and foremost, for our stay, only one of the two elevators were working. We were in town for a lacrosse tournament, and there was also a baseball tourney there. Lots of humanity for one elevator.
Hotel room couch had many stains. Front desk worker Gary was always disheveled, shirt wrinkled and untucked, making for a poor first impression on entering the hotel.
GPS took us to a side street entrance, which was really driving through a parking lot. There was a very small sign at the road, which was not visible at night when we arrived. Complementary continental breakfast was fine. Room size was great. Corner couch, swivel flat screen TV for viewing from couch or bed. Wet bar with refrigerator and sink, but no microwave. Desk with chair & desk lamp. Bathroom sink was in the room, not the bathroom. Large mirror and lots of counter space were pluses. Tiny space for tub / toilet area was a minus. Literally had to stand between tub and back of bathroom door to shut the door. Room AC worked fine, but it was so close to the one bed, I could not walk between the bed and window, and the Person sleeping in the bed near the window froze for the rest of the room to be comfortable.
Sadly, the hotel provides places to extinguish cigarettes and benches too close to the front entrance. There was no way to avoid walking through clouds of smoke, so that was disgusting. Actually, for the price we paid, I'm surprised I'm not giving a rating of two stars.
We did not visit the pool, work out facility, or business center.
Free wi-fi was a plus as my daughter had homework.

Stayed July 2014
Asheboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 21 July 2014

My church family and I stayed overnight at this hotel while visiting King's Dominion. The rooms were clean, the staff was very friendly, and the pool was nice. They even let us use a conference room to hold a brief meeting on Sunday morning.

Note: If you don't like the free breakfast, the hotel is located in a round about that is within walking distance to a lot of restaurants and a shopping center.

Room Tip: Our room was on the end of the hall on the highest floor, the 7th, and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you very much for the Four Star review. I'm glad you and your church enjoyed your stay with us. It was a pleasure having you visit.

Sanford, North Carolina
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Stayed here while umpiring at Virginia Sports Complex. The hotel was easy to find. The staff was very friendly, the room was large and clean. The only slight negative is I felt like the breakfast wasn't quite as good as other places. Overall high quality for the price.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thank you very much for the Five Star review. Hopefully we will see you again next summer.

Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We spent one night here while attending a family dinner at Hondo's, which is adjacent. It was a Saturday night, and we arrived at 3pm to find both of our rooms ready. Staff was both helpful and friendly.

The lobby and public areas were all clean, but only one of their two elevators was in operation. That led to some lengthy waits. Our room (510) was clean and prepared, but it looked as if some of the furniture was in need to refreshment. The toilet and shower area was quite small for the room size, and the air conditioner was a bit on the noisy side. Sleep quality was poor on a hard bed, and the TV had the Hyatt Place logo and info screen burned into the screen.

Room functionality was great, with both the bed and sofa bed. I was pleased that the hotel was fairly quiet, as there were a number of high school teams staying there during weekend lacrosse and baseball tournaments.

Unfortunately, those teams cleaned out the kitchen of breakfast by about 8am on Sunday morning. For part of our family that slept in just a bit, there was little left to eat, and they had to head out and purchase breakfast.

While I would probably stay here again, it would depend on price points. A little refreshing would go a long way.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Wilson, North Carolina
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Stayed here from 06/29-07/01/14 on business. My husband traveled with me and it didn't cross my mind that he'd need somewhere to go on the day of checkout until 4pm. I was allowed to check out later than the normal time with no additional charges!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for the Five Star review. And thank you very much for highlighting the efforts of Gwen and Martin.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 28 June 2014

The staff was very accommodating and helpful.Even when the elevators weren't working they tried their best.The front desk staff were exceptional.Gwen Bailey and Martin King went above and beyond to make your stay comfortable.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump
Aloft Richmond West
Aloft Richmond West
#16 of 23 in Glen Allen

Been to Hyatt Place Richmond/Innsbrook? Share your experiences!