“No complimentary coffee?”

Ranked #12 of 23 Hotels in Glen Allen
glen allen
“No complimentary coffee?”
Reviewed 24 December 2013 via mobile

Most every Marriott property had complimentary around the clock coffee available. Not this Courtyard. You're forced to buy the over-priced, much too strong, immoral anti traditional marriage (from their CEO!) Starbucks coffee. I will never stay at this location again.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Katy P, Manager at Courtyard Richmond North/Glen Allen, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Jimdep,

Thank you for your feedback! We always appreciate hearing what our guests have to say about their stay so we can continue to great a better guest experience. I apologize that there was not complimentary coffee in the lobby and only Starbucks is for sale. Courtyard, as a brand, has decided that complimentary coffee will not be offered in the lobby anymore but is still provided in the rooms.

Next time you are in the Glen Allen area we hope that you choose to give our hotel a second chance. We'd be more than happy to provide you with extra in-room complimentary coffee to help make up for the absence of lobby coffee.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

Needed to be in Richmond for one night. This hotel easy to find and located near Virginia Commons mall. Staff was nice and very helpful. Room large and comfortable. The only complaint was hair on desk and some on bathroom floor. Am bald for reference. Would go back.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Jesse R, General Manager at Courtyard Richmond North/Glen Allen, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Thank you for your response on your visit with us here at the Courtyard. We strive to exceed every guest experience and take pride in doing so. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit and at the same time I am dissapointed to hear of the hair you found. I have brought this to the attention of our housekeeping department and we will do our very best to see that this does not continue to happen. Again, thank you for your visit and your remarks.
Saint Louis, Missouri, USA
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Recently in Glen Allen VA for business and was looking for something familiar, something convenient. Ah, a Courtyard by Marriot less than a mile from the office I would be working at. As usual, the front desk was pleasant and even helpful in recommending a local restaurant for dinner. The room was well maintained as was the rest of the property. Would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Burlington, Nj
Reviewed 21 November 2013

We stopped here on the spur of the moment on the way back from Florida, very exausted! It is only a couple of minutes off of 95...very convenient. The lobby is huge...great place to hang out and they have a large area to eat and have a nice little restaurant. Unfortunately we didn't take advantage of any of this because it was late and we were so tired (only reason I gave this place a 4). The room was amazing...different set up than you usually see with the king bed and sofa bed. Almost felt like a little studio apartment. Rooms were very clean. Hotel overall and rooms were very modern. Bathroom huge. In the morning we saw that there were a lot of restaurants and stuff around. I would definitely stay here again if in the area!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Jesse R, Manager at Courtyard Richmond North/Glen Allen, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
I'm very happy to hear of your experience here at our Courtyard. Please stop in if you are in this area again, we would be more than happy to be of service to you again. Thank you !

Jesse Robinson
GM
Maryland
Reviewed 18 November 2013

This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel and it is a great hotel. Out of the hussle and bussle of Richmond proper but quick access to everything! Hotel is very clean. Rooms are nice.

My only issue was when I went to the front desk at 11:30 on the morning of Nov 17, the woman working the front desk was on the Marriott phone making a hair appointment. She was attempting to ring up another guest who was making a purchase from the snacks. It was taking her so long because she was focused on her personal call. And she was totally ignorning me, another paying hotel guest. I believe her name was Shanel (or something similar to that).

That type of service is NOT respresentative of Marriott.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Jesse R, Manager at Courtyard Richmond North/Glen Allen, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
I apologize for your experience here at the Courtyard. In addition, I thank you for your response and informing us of our downfall. I also agree, this is not the Marriott service that our guest expect, nor is it the service I expect us to deliver. I have spoken to the front desk agent with whom rendered this subpar service and I can assure you this will not happen again. If you decide to visit with us again, please inform the desk so they can reach me and I can speak with you personally. Again thank you for your comment.
New Jersey
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Have stayed here three times. This is a quality hotel - clean, well maintained, friendly and helpful staff. The location among many stores, restaurants and even a movie theater is very convenient. My chief beef is the having to pay for breakfast - an overpriced, mediocre meal at that. This is true of most, if not all, Courtyards. You can get a much better value - and equally comfy room - at a Holiday Inn Express, which charges a much lower room rate and includes a nice breakfast.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Travelingman16
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed 1 November 2013

This place was very nice for a business stay. I stay at the J W Marriotts and usually will seek them out since I have always had good consistent experiences at all of those properties. This is the first time at a Courtyard and the value was good, property was new and the ability to get food and drinks (and ice cream!) in the lobby was great. I would highly recommend.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business