“Trip to Virginia.”

Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Glen Allen
Livingston, United States
“Trip to Virginia.”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Great Hotel , very comfortable bed. We stayed here coming and going. Great places to eat nearby. Big screen TV and great staff. We had an emergency trip to Virginia, made our trip more comfortable. The shower was great, the staff was courteous, the suite was a good price and large. Easy access off interstate. On our next trip to Virginia we would definetly stay at Bessemer Best Western again. They also take small pets. Thank you Bessemer Best Western Hotel!!!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We have stayed at this property before. In fact, we stay at this location whenever we are passing through on our way to North Carolina. Our king room was very large. Actually its size was quite impressive. We didn't have any issues in our room. I love the fact that they do not put those awful nasty bed spreads on the beds like so many other hotels in their class. The bes was nice an white with extra pillows and very comfortable. If you need a place to stop overnight, I recommend the BW in Glen Allen which is about a mile off of interstate 95 for good rates and a clean and comfortable room. I hear the breakfast isn't bad either, but I didn't partake. It was too early for me before we left.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 17 September 2013 via mobile

From the very beginning, which was check in I was confused about this hotel. after I was given my keys to the room I was expecting someone to tell me how to get to my room. instead I had to stand there and look confused before the check in lady told me where the elevators were located. So we get to the room and there's only one washcloth, so that meant a trip down to the helpful front desk. we were given another washcloth an apology. on dates the beds were not made up I guess that's because we were staying four days and beds aren't made on the second day... I don't know I'm drawing straws. the towels were replaced and we were given guess what another one washcloth. yep another trip to the friendly front desk, we were given another washcloth an apology and advised that a note would be placed on the file to have two washcloth placed in the bathroom. day 3 the beds were made, the bathroom was clean we had two washcloth but this time we had wet towels. you already know where I went. instead of apologizing right away I was asked if I was sure the towels were wet, I placed a wet towel on the counter and then received an apology and was told they were not dried all the way...REALLY!!! so if you want my advice, when you place a reservation to stay here make sure you put a request for more than one washcloth and dry towels

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank smiddes
Mechanicsburg, United States
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Best Western in Glen Allen, Virginia was a pleasant experience. Friendly staff. Clean and quiet. Comfy bed. Convenient to restaurants in area. Would highly recommend........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... .

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

Vermilion, Ohio
Reviewed 10 September 2013

We stayed 2 nights this past weekend for the NASCAR race. The hotel is older but is being maintained. The room was large, 2 Queens, and very clean as was the bathroom. We did not smell any cigarette smoke. The furniture is a little on the used side but not worn out. We were on the first floor but it was quite and we slept very well. The smokers sat right outside the exit doors and put all the cig butts right by the door. Didn't like that. The breakfast didn't live up to what we are use to at a Best Western. Maybe they need a new supplier for the eggs, sausage and breads. Stale bread, rubbery tasteless eggs and sausage. And they did run out of coffee. Somebody didn't order properly for the race crowd. Actually on our second day we skipped the breakfast, checked out , then went for some food. We would stay here again, but hope they improve the quality of the breakfast. Maybe they went cheaper for the race crowd ?

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank zanadu2010
silver spring md
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Husband and I stayed here for two nights. We would have checked out after the first night, but it was a race weekend and every other place was booked. Our room had a horrible musty/moldy odor. We turned the AC up full blast hoping to get rid of it. That did not help. The room was so damp that the Note pad was impossible to write on. There was only one wash cloth, one hand towel and two bath towels. The front office did give us more when we asked. There were no cups in the room except for 2 styrofoam coffee cups. When Ii asked for some plastic or glass glasses, I was told that they were out. The desk had chunks of laminate missing, the desk chair had arms worn to the metal, and the drawers in the media console would not stay closed. Breakfast was less than satisfactory. They were out of bowls for cereal, muffins tasted stale, and the "eggs" were like cold rubber. The second morning the coffee thermoses were empty and we had to wait for more coffee to be brewed.
The bed was comfortable, but never slept well because of the odor and dampness.
I cannot recommend this property and will not stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank yodab
Charlotte, United States
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I travel on business 20 days out of the month. This hotel provided me a wonderful stay. No Problems. The staff were professional, the hotel was clean and the room was nice. All the things I require at a hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond/Virginia Center
Days Inn Glen Allen
Days Inn Glen Allen
#19 of 23 in Glen Allen

Been to Best Western Plus Glen Allen Inn? Share your experiences!