“Really gone down hill fast.”

Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Glen Allen
North Augusta
“Really gone down hill fast.”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Stayed here in early May. Great experience. Came back to one of my worst. I will not be back any time soon. A group was staying at the hotel and no one was in control of them. Loud and out of control. Staff ignored the situation after knowing about it. Hall ways dirty and the hotels smells like a cover up of tobacco smoke. Cleaning crew left towels on door in a bag even though we were not there with a note to pick up wash cloth at front desk.

1 Thank RWayneJ
JPManagement, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Glen Allen Inn, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear RWWayneJ,

Thank you for sharing your concerns about housekeeping- I have reviewed with our team who will address the issues we could improve upon. I noticed you had stayed with us before and had a great experience so I would love you to try us again.

The Group noise we will review how we handle. Please feel free to email me at sandy@jphospitality.com with any suggestions on how we could have handled the noise better.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Director of Sales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Cockeysville, Maryland
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Booked through Hotwire for a trip to Kings Dominion. Thought I was going to be disappointment with the best western but was pleasantly surprised. I was placed in a smoking room even though I do not smoke (that's what happens when you book through Hotwire!) so I get that. Room had a few paint chips but other than that it was extremely clean. Front desk could use some work. At check in the lady was okay, not overly friendly but got me to my room. I needed to use the advertised business center to print off my kings dominion tickets. The printer wasn't working so I told the front desk and her response was "well I'll tell the manager" no apology or offer to fix the issue. Luckily I found the toner in the cabinet and replaced it myself and printed off my tickets. Did not eat the breakfast during my stay but from what I saw it was not a huge selection. Hotel was very nice on the inside and rooms were up to date so if I was in the area again I'd consider staying again!

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Carbon89,

Thank you for staying at Best Western PLUS Glen Allen Inn. I apologize that our communication with you was not what we like to have. We always care about your concerns and issues.

I hope you consider booking through Bestwestern,com so you get the non-smoking room you want and can earn points for future stays.

I hope you enjoyed Kings Dominion and stay with us for your next visit to Richmond VA area.

Falcon Heights, Minnesota
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We were in Richmond to visit a terminally ill relative. We appreciated the exceptionally friendly and competent staff who made our visit much more enjoyable than we had expected. We were intrigued by the decor; a distinctly 70s look throughout the hotel, but spotlessly clean and well maintained. The location on historic U.S. Hwy 1 was convenient for traveling throughout the Richmond area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank WaltzingDot
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Best Western Plus Glen Allen Inn, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear WaltzingDot,

Thank you for telling us about your visit with us. We are very sorry for the circumstances that brought you to the area. We hope that we helped make your stay comfortable. We value your feedback, and will pass your comments on to our staff. Thank you for your time. We hope that you will choose us again in the future.

Springfield, United States
Reviewed 10 June 2014

This hotel appears to have it all, but there's some things that are missing. Planning ahead for crowds during graduations and family vacations, are just a couple things this hotel did not plan for. This hotel did not have the goodie bags for us upon arrival because they ran out. Supposedly the desk clerk said that each of our accounts would be credited 240 points for our Best Western Rewards (Harley Davidson), but I have yet to see it in my account. There were 3 couples all together and so we brought alot of business. I definitely would stay here with huger reservations. The breakfast was a joke. With little or no food..even though we were there at 8 am. The room was very nice and clean. That was the highlight of our stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

JPManagement, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Glen Allen Inn, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Lee A,

Thank you for your response, yes the 250 points per stay instead of a gift bag is posted separate- we only saw two Harley Davidson Rate reservations that date, if you could email me at sandy@jphospitality.com with the other names in your group I will double check that their points were credited.

Our team has discussed your breakfast comments and are making changes we hope you will notice at your next visit to Glen Allen area. Being on Historic Rt 1 we hope you enjoyed your ride.

Waycross, United States
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I chose this location based on price and reviews as a stopover on a family vacation. I was very impressed with the staff, the cleanliness, the quietness and the price. We stayed here again on the return trip.

1 Thank James M
Dear James,

Thank you for telling us about your visit. We are so glad hat you and your family chose us for your hotel needs. We hope that you enjoyed your vacation with family. Thank you for staying with us. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

The room was nice but not as clean as I expected. There was leftover food in the mini fridge from previous guests. The breakfast looked so gross and the biscuits were like little rocks we had to go out to eat. There was no outstanding breakfast as advertized. There was dry cereal, coffee, toast, HARD biscuits and a tray of gravy. We also found water picks in our room by the edges of the beds and there was candy stuck into the air conditioner. Overall not a bad stay for the price an the area was quiet.

1 Thank Regina1b
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Best Western Plus Glen Allen Inn, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Regina1b,

Thank you for telling us about your visit with us. We are so sorry you did not enjoy the breakfast service. We will be sure to pass this feedback on to our staff. We value all guest feedback. It allows us to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests to the hotel. Thank you so much for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stayed here over the past weekend because my husband had a tournament. They allowed pets for an additional $20 a night, which was a huge plus. The pool area is very clean and very nice. The front desk clerk was so friendly and did not mind that we couldn't check in until almost midnight. The bed was big and comfy, and the room was sizeable, had a TV with lots of channels, and a little stove/fridge/microwave combo.

The downside...there was something sticky all over the carpet. After stepping on it about 6 times, I looked up and saw what we first thought was blood but was actually jelly or something on the ceiling, the wall, etc. It was disgusting. The room also REEKED of cigarettes. This was supposed to be a nonsmoking room. The bathroom smelled so bad that when I opened the door, I expected to see a smoke-filled speakeasy. It must have come in through the vents or something. It was awful. It seemed to get worse at night. Everything I packed went right into the wash when we got home.

Also, the walls are paper thin. I could hear the man in the next room snoring as though he was in bed with us. It was terrible. Their TV was so loud we couldn't hear our own.

We ended up checking out a night early. This is good if you are a drunk college student who needs a place to crash or if you are desperate to have a pool for a day, but if you are trying to get a good night's sleep, don't bother (unless you have invested in weapons-grade earplugs and have no sense of smell).

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Best Western Plus Glen Allen Inn, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear Caitie,

Thank you for telling us about your visit with us. We are very sorry that you were not satisfied at all with your accommodations. We are very sorry for the inconvenience. We will make sure that we pass this valuable feedback on to our staff. We use guest feedback to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests to the hotel . Thank you for your time.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Glen Allen
Sleep Inn
Sleep Inn
#34 of 81 in Richmond
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Glen Allen/Richmond

Been to Best Western Plus Glen Allen Inn? Share your experiences!