“One of my favorite hotels!”

Extended Stay America - Richmond - West End - I-64
Ranked #22 of 23 Hotels in Glen Allen
Reviewed 25 August 2013

This was our 2nd time staying at this property. In 2011 it was a Studio Plus. It is now an Extended Stay..but nothing has changed..it's still very nice! We stayed here with our two dogs for my golf tournament at Richmond CC. Our room was very clean and we had a full kitchen. We got the weekly rate which is very good for the value. The only thing I don't like is the $150 pet fee per dog. Thankfully Nicole worked with me and I only had to pay $150 for both.They provide doggie pot bags too:) There is a huge corporate park behind the complex. You can make one giant loop to walk the dogs and it's like a 20 min walk! You are also only 5 mins from Deep Run Park..a beautiful park with lots of trails! They have a quick grab and go breakfast and laundry on site. Everyone was friendly here and it is quiet! We will definitely be back again:)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Richmond - West End - I-64, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I am so pleased to read that this was your second time staying with us, and we met your expectations once more. As well, while I am sorry that our dog fees were not ideal, I'm glad that Nicole was able to work with you on this rate. Plus, it is great that our location was perfect for your needs and pets.

Reviewed 9 August 2013

I only stayed 1 night, thank goodness, and didn't have to spend much time in the room. It just didn't feel clean at all to me. I went to get a fork, which looked like it had been used, so I washed it, while undoing the "clean" dish rag a large long black knotted hair fell out........gross! The bathroom was not perfectly cleaned either and I laid towels in the bottom of the shower just so I could stand to get in it. The door into the bathroom had black finger and handprints all over it, really, couldn't the cleaning people just wipe that off? I'm sure in it's day this was a nice hotel, but now it seems as if this hotel was "home" to a lot of out of town workers. They stood right outside of my room speaking in spanish until 10pm. I was very thankful that I had very little time to stay in this room, mainly to just sleep and shower, which by the way, the bed was not that comfortable either. I will definitely choose another hotel next time, there are numerous ones right around the area that must be better!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 August 2013

This is the kind of hotel I like, with a kitchen. Especially on trips that are longer than over night, I like not having to eat out all the time. I was happy with the way the kitchen was stocked with plates, silverware, and a toaster. The Wi-Fi was good too - a consistently strong signal. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Richmond - West End - I-64, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

Elaine - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the kitchen amenities and free WiFi. It is great to know that you would stay with us again in the future as we would love to see you, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Trust me, don't waste your money even if it seems like a deal. The location of the hotel is misleadingly addressed. Took an hour + to find. Not a happy camper to say the least. Towels were stiff and not fresh. The room odor was terrible of strong deodorizer. Very disappointing.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Richmond - West End - I-64, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2013

Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. I sincerely apologize that that our hotel is hard to find using MapQuest or a GPS System. I am working with our staff to provide more detailed directions to make it easier to locate. I do apologize we did not meet your expectations. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 28 June 2013

Everyone was pleasant and nice. The rooms were great, clean and fully stocked. The price was reasonble and the air conditioner was cold. We are planning to stay again next week. The lady that checked us in was really nice and helpful. The room was clean and the coffee was good. It is much better than the other hotels in the area.

• Stayed: June 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Richmond - West End - I-64, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

Craig - I appreciate you taking the time to write such a positive review about our hotel. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the your clean, fully stocked room and our friendly staff. It was a pleasure having you stay with us and we look forward to you doing so again next week as well as more times in the future.

Reviewed 9 June 2013

I always traveled Days Inn but saw the good write up on Homestead so decided to try then.
I couldn't have made a better decision.
The desk clerk Becky was extremely likeable, helpful and processed my reservation very quickly. The room was more than I had bargained for: Very Clean and well kept, Microwave, Refrigerator, eat-in counter with dishes, cups, plates, coffee maker and silverware inside the cabinets. Since I was traveling, I only wish I could have stayed longer to take advantage of everything,
The best part was after I checked out, I discovered I left some medicine in a dresser drawer and called Becky who immediately mailed it to the next address I was staying at and it arrived the next day. You couldn't ask for better service.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Richmond - West End - I-64, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2013

Wesley - The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such wonderful and positive things about your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the staff, your room and the hotel. I will be sure to share your remarks with the entire staff, including Becky.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

We've stayed 2 years running and are noticing the furnishings, carpet and like are starting to move from regular wear and tear to run down. Atmosphere felt darker this year also, with the dark woods now making it feel a bit old and out of date. Clientele also slipping, as there was a loud group drinking and carrying on in the parking lot, and beer cans sprinkled around the entry the next morning.

Breakfast which is included was nice, but didn't make up for the other shortcomings. Until they give it a bit of a lift, we'll be moving on to other accomodations.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Candlewood Suites Richmond West End Short Pump
Richmond Marriott Short Pump
Richmond Marriott Short Pump
#6 of 23 in Glen Allen

Been to Extended Stay America - Richmond - West End - I-64? Share your experiences!