“Perfect Extended Stay”

Ranked #21 of 23 Hotels in Glen Allen
Richmond, Virginia
“Perfect Extended Stay”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I sold my house and needed a place to stay while I was finishing up my job for retirement. The Extended Stay location was a perfect solution for my 2 1/2 month interim needs. Priced right, excellent location to my job, shopping, and eateries. Very quiet calming view with nice trees and landscaping. The employees at every level were more than pleasant, very helpful, did their jobs very well and made it a very pleasant stay. Other travelers staying at the Extended Stay hotel were also very nice and considerate of others and made friendly conversations at the laundry and lobby area where the breakfast stop and go bleuberry muffins were great. The full kitchen, large bathroom, lots of closet and storage space, with king bed and pull out sofa and large window with beautiful view made my visit very pleasant.

Room Tip: For longer stays the end units with sofa and large window in back of buildings are great.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Richmond - West End - I-64, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm very pleased to know that our hotel met all your needs. We are delighted that you were taken care of.

We make it our mission to ensure the satisfaction of our guests and my team will be very happy to know your comments.

Once again, thank you for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Venice, Florida
Reviewed 1 September 2013

My husband and I (two 70 yr. olds) had the pleasure of staying for the second year at Ext'd Stay Suites in Glen Allen, VA which is very close to our Grand dau. and her family. Being originally from Lancaster County, PA, we go back in Aug. to get some of their prized corn and tomatoes. Having a refrig. to keep the corn fresh for our trip to FL is very important. The personnel here are very friendly and the room and kitchenette was perfect for our needs. They placed us in a very quiet setting. We plan to use it each year.

Room Tip: They gave us a handicapped room in the rear with excellent parking and access.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Richmond - West End - I-64, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am proud of our team for making your stay so pleasant. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 25 August 2013

This was our 2nd time staying at this property. In 2011 it was a Studio Plus. It is now an Extended Stay..but nothing has changed..it's still very nice! We stayed here with our two dogs for my golf tournament at Richmond CC. Our room was very clean and we had a full kitchen. We got the weekly rate which is very good for the value. The only thing I don't like is the $150 pet fee per dog. Thankfully Nicole worked with me and I only had to pay $150 for both.They provide doggie pot bags too:) There is a huge corporate park behind the complex. You can make one giant loop to walk the dogs and it's like a 20 min walk! You are also only 5 mins from Deep Run Park..a beautiful park with lots of trails! They have a quick grab and go breakfast and laundry on site. Everyone was friendly here and it is quiet! We will definitely be back again:)

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Richmond - West End - I-64, responded to this review, 28 August 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I am so pleased to read that this was your second time staying with us, and we met your expectations once more. As well, while I am sorry that our dog fees were not ideal, I'm glad that Nicole was able to work with you on this rate. Plus, it is great that our location was perfect for your needs and pets.

Carrollton, Virginia
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I only stayed 1 night, thank goodness, and didn't have to spend much time in the room. It just didn't feel clean at all to me. I went to get a fork, which looked like it had been used, so I washed it, while undoing the "clean" dish rag a large long black knotted hair fell out........gross! The bathroom was not perfectly cleaned either and I laid towels in the bottom of the shower just so I could stand to get in it. The door into the bathroom had black finger and handprints all over it, really, couldn't the cleaning people just wipe that off? I'm sure in it's day this was a nice hotel, but now it seems as if this hotel was "home" to a lot of out of town workers. They stood right outside of my room speaking in spanish until 10pm. I was very thankful that I had very little time to stay in this room, mainly to just sleep and shower, which by the way, the bed was not that comfortable either. I will definitely choose another hotel next time, there are numerous ones right around the area that must be better!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Johnson City, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 8 August 2013

This is the kind of hotel I like, with a kitchen. Especially on trips that are longer than over night, I like not having to eat out all the time. I was happy with the way the kitchen was stocked with plates, silverware, and a toaster. The Wi-Fi was good too - a consistently strong signal. I would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Richmond - West End - I-64, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
Elaine - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the kitchen amenities and free WiFi. It is great to know that you would stay with us again in the future as we would love to see you, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Trust me, don't waste your money even if it seems like a deal. The location of the hotel is misleadingly addressed. Took an hour + to find. Not a happy camper to say the least. Towels were stiff and not fresh. The room odor was terrible of strong deodorizer. Very disappointing.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Richmond - West End - I-64, responded to this review, 23 July 2013
Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. I sincerely apologize that that our hotel is hard to find using MapQuest or a GPS System. I am working with our staff to provide more detailed directions to make it easier to locate. I do apologize we did not meet your expectations. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Reviewed 28 June 2013

Everyone was pleasant and nice. The rooms were great, clean and fully stocked. The price was reasonble and the air conditioner was cold. We are planning to stay again next week. The lady that checked us in was really nice and helpful. The room was clean and the coffee was good. It is much better than the other hotels in the area.

• Stayed June 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Richmond - West End - I-64, responded to this review, 2 July 2013
Craig - I appreciate you taking the time to write such a positive review about our hotel. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the your clean, fully stocked room and our friendly staff. It was a pleasure having you stay with us and we look forward to you doing so again next week as well as more times in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glen Allen
#17 of 23 in Glen Allen
Candlewood Suites Richmond West End Short Pump
Hilton Garden Inn Richmond Innsbrook
Wingate by Wyndham Richmond Short Pump

Been to Extended Stay America - Richmond - West End - I-64? Share your experiences!