“Feels like home sweet home !!”

Extended Stay America - Richmond - West End - I-64
Ranked #21 of 23 Hotels in Glen Allen
ruchmond
“Feels like home sweet home !!”
Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

I checked in couple days ago and the experience was absolutely wonderful.. clean rooms and very quiet and comfortable place to stay ..the costumer service was the best i have ever experienced the desk clerk name deedrea was very experienced very sweet you would think shes a manager she made my stay very comfortable im definitely coming back here again!!

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Richmond - West End - I-64, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am very proud of Deedra for taking such great care of you. Our whole staff strives to always provide the best customer service.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I enjoy staying at this particular location because it is convenient to many things. The person who checked us in, Deedrea, was very kind and explained everything perfectly. When we got to our room we realized that we forgot toothpaste so when we went back to see if they offered complimentary toothpaste she gave us some and popcorn too! She definitely made us feel comfortable with staying here.

• Stayed November 2013
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Close to all the things we planned to do in Short Pump/Glen Allen area. The room was great and we had access to kitchen and then they had snack room, laundry facility. Breakfast was a grab to go, which was nice with hot cereals,fruit,coffee and tea. Shopping areas were all around and then you can visit area attractions which were close too. After we get to a hotel we like for most or all attractions to not be a long trip from our room. Rest is what is important after any drive. Everyone should love this hotel if you have a problem the office will try to make it right. Loved our time so much we are returning in just a couple of weeks.

Room Tip: Overall the whole hotel area of rooms look to be good.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I am a long time resident and have lived through several managers, but for the most part have been very happy here. It has truly been like my second family. When picking up my mail or any other business that takes you to the front desk, there is always a smile and a laugh to brighten my day. However, since this new manager has arrived I detect a distinct effect on the moral. She appears to be too young to understand what an extended stay means to some folks, and her overall demeanor is condescending and the maturity level is just not there.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
Saint Albans
Reviewed 12 October 2013

I really loved it the price was decent everything was in good order. There was so much space to place my things as well as my girlfriend. Who brought the entire house. The kitchen was clean as well as the bathroom. I cooked breakfast and had full use of the kitchen from making coffee to microwaving pop corn. Hoping to come back soon.

• Stayed October 2013
Palm Beach, Florida, United States
Reviewed 11 October 2013

i travel from miami to richmond,Va 3 -4 times a year, and have finally found my home away from home.. this motel is perfect!! great location for dining in or out, very safe area, and by far one of the cleanest rooms i've been in, in quite awhile. love the real size fridge, the spacious bathroom, the constant, good water pressure that actually gets and stays hot.. the staff are very respectful and attentive, and as far as i'm concerned i'll be staying here every time i come here to richmond.. trust me, i travel a lot, and have stayed in motels from the " now this is a room" all the way to the ones i wouldn't let my dog sleep in overnight... you will not find a better motel in richmond for the same quality and reasonable pricing as this.. trust me i've stayed in them all... funny, i actually don't want to write this review, because i want to keep this place a secret..

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Richmond - West End - I-64, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Charles - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that our hotel is your "home away from home". The staff and I really enjoyed reading your review. I am delighted to hear you were able to take advantage of your in-room kitchen, especially the large refrigerator, and that you liked your spacious bathroom.

Orange Park, Florida
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I travel for business and I have stayed at numerous Extended Stay America's-This one is no "home away from home" and far from a "perfect extended stay". The rooms are not properly cleaned. They stink like cigarettes & so do the linens. The outside garbage cans are constantly full & in need of emptying. There are men hanging out in the parking lot and doorways smoking and talking on the cell phones. There is no hotel security monitoring these activities. Corporate needs to come see first-hand how this establishment is not meeting the general standard of Extended Stay America. However, there are some wonderful efficient staff on hand (excluding the new general manager)

Room Tip: The rooms and parking lot toward the rear of the hotel are quieter and have less foot traffic.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business