“Hit and miss....almost two stars”

SpringHill Suites Richmond Virginia Center
Ranked #13 of 23 Hotels in Glen Allen
Holly Springs, North Carolina
“Hit and miss....almost two stars”
Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

Sorry Marriott, I hate to be mean but this place does not deliver. I stayed here for two nights and was thoroughly disappointed.

The beds are a travesty; it was like sleeping on a luxury dorm bed. I am glad you offer kings bit bigger is not better in this case. I was uncomfortable both nights and feel the beds are a big minus.

My second complaint was the cleanliness of the bathroom (see attached pic). There were long strands of women's hair (I am male with short hair traveling by myself) and I was grossed out (see pics). In addition, there was a brown substance on the wall near the toilet that I prayed was coffee splatter (you can imagine the alternative). Yikes!

Lastly, the ice machines in the entire hotel were broken or out of order. The folks were friendly and the tv was large but I am going back to Hyatt, which is more consistent.

I am being charitable with three stars!

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Anthony G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Heavener, Oklahoma
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Overnight business trip. Quick and efficient check in and check out. Extremely pleasant front desk staff. Loved the cookies and coffee/tea bar that was available. Very comfortable king bed with extra blanket not the closet that I loved since I prefer sleeping in a cold room with blankets. I appreciate the Paul Mitchell products that were in the room. Nice kitchenette area with clean microwave and refrigerator along with sealed paper plates and plastic utensils. In room coffee maker was great for the middle of the night. I loved the ceiling fan in the kitchenette area as well. A good sized desk with lamp for work and a comfortable love seat and television. The bathroom shower had strategically placed grab bars for safety. My room faced the highway and it was a little noisy but I turned on the bathroom fan which negated most of it. Only stayed one night and did not take advantage of the pool, but I plan to return.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Penelope B
Roanoke
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We stayed in a King Suite using Marriot points. The bed was so hard it was like sleeping on a concrete slab. Didn't get much sleep from tossing and turning. Got up in the morning with a horrible back ache. The room was small, everything was clean. We didn't use the pool. The main problem was the horribly uncomfortable bed.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Marco Island, Florida
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Look, I’m a Marriott fan being a platinum member for life. So yes I’m biased. We stayed at this location years ago and it looks like it has been recently redone. It’s a perfect stop from our home in northern NJ to Hilton Head Island, SC.. almost exactly half way.

I was a bit concerned when we checked in with a very nice lady at the front desk, called NAVY, (pronounced NAVI) when I saw a boat load of HS girl’s volleyball players in the lobby. I thought oh no… a very loud night. We went to our room exhausted from the long drive and I must say except for some running in the hallway, which I think was from a group of boys also at the hotel, that everything went well and we slept soundly. As I mentioned, it looks like a recent remodel and the room was very nice and upscale. Location is a plus almost being at the intersections of interstates 95/64 and 295 but it was quite. Navy gave us a room facing away from Brock Road, a busy 6 lane highway in front of the hotel. Breakfast was a bit difficult when the entire volleyball team of maybe 30 girls showed up, most wearing super short shorts or PJ’s descended on the food like vultures. Overall, they were well behaved and it seemed that the chaperones were the noisiest of the group.

Would I stay here again? Yes.. Absolutely. Great hotel. Location and nice staff. Thanks Marriott, thanks navy!

Room Tip: ask for a room not facing Brock Road.
2 Thank alfnot1111
Hickory, North Carolina
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Stayed here for a business trip - hotel is located just off the interstate, but far enough to provide a quiet atmosphere. The room was very spacious, comfortable and clean. I arrived too late in the evening to take advantage of other hotel services, so I can't comment on them. Check in/out was efficient and easy. Booked this hotel though Marriott's website and was surprised the price was as good as it was. I will definitely stay here again if my travels take me to this area.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank JW55_11
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 25 August 2013

My family and I stayed at SpringHill Suites in Aug 2013. We were very pleased with our room and the cleanliness of the hotel. Although I didn't use the swimming pool, I will certainly bring my swim suit on my next visit to take advantage of this amenity. The exercise room was well kept and the equipment was more than adequate. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The breakfast was more than we expected and the variety was wonderful. We were definitely well fed!! Shopping was within walking distance, as well as a variety of restaurants. I look forward to staying at SpringHill Suites in the near future and will recommend his hotel to my friends. I was thankful that they had elevator as we travelled with my elderly mother.

Room Tip: If travelling with an elderly person, request a room close to the elevator.
1 Thank RMP0120
Forest, United States
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We stayed here while visiting family in the area. We had stayed here before and will continue to do so when in the area. The Front Desk personnel was great, room was fine, and the exercise room is very well maintained. Love the TV's on the equipment. Breakfast was super; my wife loves the waffles and I liked the large selection of cereals.
My only comment is that the Hot Tub could be a little less hot. It took a while to get used to and our grandson could not get in at all. Minor, but you may want to look into it.

Room Tip: Our room was not facing the highway, which I assume is the more quiet side.