“Super stayover spot off 95”

SpringHill Suites Richmond Virginia Center
Ranked #13 of 23 Hotels in Glen Allen
Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

Our and another family use this is a stop on our way down to South Carolina. It was fairly easy to find the resort and we were warmly welcomed at the front desk. The rooms were very clean, comfortable and the expanded continental breakfast was quite good. There were something even for the fussy eaters in our group. The price was reasonable. We would definitely stop here again on our travels.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 27 November 2013

While the staff was very nice, the hotel itself was not as clean as I have come to expect from Springhill.....DIsappointed. I will choose a different location the next time I travel to Richmond for business.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

I didn't stay for the breakfast, so I cannot evaluate it. However, the lobby area looked lovely and everything was well maintained. The bed was quite comfortable and had all the amenities one expects from a Marriott property. The check in and check out were both painless. Would come here again!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 October 2013

The friendly staff and comfortable rooms at a reasonable price make this an excellent place to stay. The complimentary breakfast is well stocked with both hot and cold foods. Free WSJ and USA today are located in the lobby.

Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

Sorry Marriott, I hate to be mean but this place does not deliver. I stayed here for two nights and was thoroughly disappointed.

The beds are a travesty; it was like sleeping on a luxury dorm bed. I am glad you offer kings bit bigger is not better in this case. I was uncomfortable both nights and feel the beds are a big minus.

My second complaint was the cleanliness of the bathroom (see attached pic). There were long strands of women's hair (I am male with short hair traveling by myself) and I was grossed out (see pics). In addition, there was a brown substance on the wall near the toilet that I prayed was coffee splatter (you can imagine the alternative). Yikes!

Lastly, the ice machines in the entire hotel were broken or out of order. The folks were friendly and the tv was large but I am going back to Hyatt, which is more consistent.

I am being charitable with three stars!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Anthony G
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Overnight business trip. Quick and efficient check in and check out. Extremely pleasant front desk staff. Loved the cookies and coffee/tea bar that was available. Very comfortable king bed with extra blanket not the closet that I loved since I prefer sleeping in a cold room with blankets. I appreciate the Paul Mitchell products that were in the room. Nice kitchenette area with clean microwave and refrigerator along with sealed paper plates and plastic utensils. In room coffee maker was great for the middle of the night. I loved the ceiling fan in the kitchenette area as well. A good sized desk with lamp for work and a comfortable love seat and television. The bathroom shower had strategically placed grab bars for safety. My room faced the highway and it was a little noisy but I turned on the bathroom fan which negated most of it. Only stayed one night and did not take advantage of the pool, but I plan to return.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway.
1  Thank Penelope B
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We stayed in a King Suite using Marriot points. The bed was so hard it was like sleeping on a concrete slab. Didn't get much sleep from tossing and turning. Got up in the morning with a horrible back ache. The room was small, everything was clean. We didn't use the pool. The main problem was the horribly uncomfortable bed.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Hampton Inn Richmond-West
#1 of 23 in Glen Allen
Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond/Glenside
Virginia Crossings Hotel & Conference Center

Been to SpringHill Suites Richmond Virginia Center? Share your experiences!