“Terrible customer service”

Ranked #13 of 23 Hotels in Glen Allen
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Terrible customer service”
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Recently stayed on a Saturday night and thought I had a decent experience, until I checked my credit card statement after returning home. I had been billed twice. Tried to resolve with hotel manager and despite emailing copies of my reservation for one night and the checkout invoice showing only one night, they refused to reverse the extra charge. Manager told me it was my problem. Will never stay there again.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else unless you like paying double.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank unhappy_in_VA2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Milton, Delaware
Reviewed 6 December 2013

We really enjoyed our stay. The front desk person was cheerful and informative. The room was immaculate and very spacious. The morning breakfast buffet was among the best of its kind. Fruit was fresh; choices were many; and the oatmeal was especially good. And all this at a great price.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Beach Lake, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

Our and another family use this is a stop on our way down to South Carolina. It was fairly easy to find the resort and we were warmly welcomed at the front desk. The rooms were very clean, comfortable and the expanded continental breakfast was quite good. There were something even for the fussy eaters in our group. The price was reasonable. We would definitely stop here again on our travels.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Tinton Falls, New Jersey
Reviewed 27 November 2013

While the staff was very nice, the hotel itself was not as clean as I have come to expect from Springhill.....DIsappointed. I will choose a different location the next time I travel to Richmond for business.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Ephraim, Wisconsin
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I didn't stay for the breakfast, so I cannot evaluate it. However, the lobby area looked lovely and everything was well maintained. The bed was quite comfortable and had all the amenities one expects from a Marriott property. The check in and check out were both painless. Would come here again!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Venice, FL
Reviewed 26 October 2013

The friendly staff and comfortable rooms at a reasonable price make this an excellent place to stay. The complimentary breakfast is well stocked with both hot and cold foods. Free WSJ and USA today are located in the lobby.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Holly Springs, North Carolina
Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

Sorry Marriott, I hate to be mean but this place does not deliver. I stayed here for two nights and was thoroughly disappointed.

The beds are a travesty; it was like sleeping on a luxury dorm bed. I am glad you offer kings bit bigger is not better in this case. I was uncomfortable both nights and feel the beds are a big minus.

My second complaint was the cleanliness of the bathroom (see attached pic). There were long strands of women's hair (I am male with short hair traveling by myself) and I was grossed out (see pics). In addition, there was a brown substance on the wall near the toilet that I prayed was coffee splatter (you can imagine the alternative). Yikes!

Lastly, the ice machines in the entire hotel were broken or out of order. The folks were friendly and the tv was large but I am going back to Hyatt, which is more consistent.

I am being charitable with three stars!

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business