This location worked great for us, It was in a nice area with TONS of things (shopping, restaurants, etc) nearby. Don't be alarmed by the location if you are coming from the south on I-295. Once you cross over I-95 it TOTALLY changes and you are TOTALLY safe! *We were a little concerned when we knew we were w/in 10 miles and it looked a little sketchy!
ANYWAY... We had a 4th floor room and it DID FACE THE BUSY ROAD, but, I HAVE to say... it was VERY quiet! I was shocked! It was extremely quiet and we did NOT hear a bit of highway noise. I am posting pics so you can see how close we were...
The breakfasts has plenty of food and were constantly stocked (granted, I don't like the powered eggs they serve, but these days almost ALL hotels that give free breakfast serve these!). It would have been better if there was chocolate milk as an option for the kids, but the coffee was full, hot and flowing... there was always fresh fruit infused water. The breakfast has plenty of choices and everything was hot and fresh and the staff kept it very clean!
In our room our refrigerator had no controls and we could not change the (barely) cool temp, but got ice and used our cooler.
The only problem was the fact that our door stuck BAD! We had to LITERALLY kick it to get it to open and we did send out a service call after we got there (on our way out) - unfortunately it was not fixed. At least it still worked the same. Our 10 year old could NOT get the door open on her own, I REALLY struggled and my husband usually had to get it open for us.
The bathroom was adequate. My pet peeve - placing the towel directly above the toilet (sorry - germ-a-phobe here). And why oh who do they put the sign up about saving water and hanging your towels if they do not offer any additional towel bar or hook options?!?!?!?! (This is most places too).
A small TV in the living room area would SURELY helped this family and the lighting could have been better, but all in all - we were pleased! I would go back!
Oh yes - the beds were pretty darn comfy and I am a snob with that. I did bring a feather pillow along, but no complaints there.
PLEASE let me know if this has been helpful! Thanks!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The lobby has been re-imagined that will allow you to discover a different kind of style and space. Located in suburban Glen Allen and just minutes to the West End business district, this incredible hotel puts you at the doorstep of everything Richmond has to offer. You'll find fresh, airy public spaces that will provide new areas for down time or time to meet up. Find what you need to stay on track utilizing the lobby computer and printer while the free Wi-Fi helps you stay connected. Start your day with our free hot breakfast and come home to our revived guest suites that give you more flexibility for your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HRS so you can book your SpringHill Suites Richmond Virginia Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Richmond Virginia Hotel Glen Allen
- Springhill Suites Glen Allen
- Glen Allen Springhill Suites