“One of the best values in the Richmond area.”

SpringHill Suites Richmond Virginia Center
Ranked #13 of 23 Hotels in Glen Allen
Reviewed 6 February 2014

I have stayed at this hotel multiple times over the last 3 years and have always had a great experience. Stayed here for 2 days with snow delaying my business the next day. Love the fitness center with the LifeFitness cardio equipment, workbench, and dumbbells, nice pool as well. Always get a great workout when I stay here. Breakfast was good with plenty of selections and large seating area. The king bed this time was not as comfortable as the other SpringHill Suites I've stayed in, pillows average. Quite room and large sitting area. Will definitely stay here again when in town for business in the future because of the great price compared to the other hotels. Also, close to the interstate, shopping, and lots of restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Richmond Virginia Center

Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

Large, clean room with beds, tv area w/sofa, kitchen area, desk. Comfy beds. Perfect for 4 person family. Best free bfast includes oatmeal w/lots of toppings, eggs & sausage, several dry cereal choices, breads & rolls, greek & regular yogurt, lots of fruits & juices.

Only negative was room facing highway & right above area where deliveries made, both were quite noisy. Fix this by requesting room to back of building.

We will definitely search for other SpringHill Suites in the future.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 December 2013

This location worked great for us, It was in a nice area with TONS of things (shopping, restaurants, etc) nearby. Don't be alarmed by the location if you are coming from the south on I-295. Once you cross over I-95 it TOTALLY changes and you are TOTALLY safe! *We were a little concerned when we knew we were w/in 10 miles and it looked a little sketchy!

ANYWAY... We had a 4th floor room and it DID FACE THE BUSY ROAD, but, I HAVE to say... it was VERY quiet! I was shocked! It was extremely quiet and we did NOT hear a bit of highway noise. I am posting pics so you can see how close we were...

The breakfasts has plenty of food and were constantly stocked (granted, I don't like the powered eggs they serve, but these days almost ALL hotels that give free breakfast serve these!). It would have been better if there was chocolate milk as an option for the kids, but the coffee was full, hot and flowing... there was always fresh fruit infused water. The breakfast has plenty of choices and everything was hot and fresh and the staff kept it very clean!

In our room our refrigerator had no controls and we could not change the (barely) cool temp, but got ice and used our cooler.

The only problem was the fact that our door stuck BAD! We had to LITERALLY kick it to get it to open and we did send out a service call after we got there (on our way out) - unfortunately it was not fixed. At least it still worked the same. Our 10 year old could NOT get the door open on her own, I REALLY struggled and my husband usually had to get it open for us.

The bathroom was adequate. My pet peeve - placing the towel directly above the toilet (sorry - germ-a-phobe here). And why oh who do they put the sign up about saving water and hanging your towels if they do not offer any additional towel bar or hook options?!?!?!?! (This is most places too).

A small TV in the living room area would SURELY helped this family and the lighting could have been better, but all in all - we were pleased! I would go back!

Oh yes - the beds were pretty darn comfy and I am a snob with that. I did bring a feather pillow along, but no complaints there.

PLEASE let me know if this has been helpful! Thanks!

Room Tip: Don't freak if you get a room facing the busy highway - I was so worried and it was SO quiet!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Recently stayed on a Saturday night and thought I had a decent experience, until I checked my credit card statement after returning home. I had been billed twice. Tried to resolve with hotel manager and despite emailing copies of my reservation for one night and the checkout invoice showing only one night, they refused to reverse the extra charge. Manager told me it was my problem. Will never stay there again.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else unless you like paying double.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank unhappy_in_VA2013
Reviewed 6 December 2013

We really enjoyed our stay. The front desk person was cheerful and informative. The room was immaculate and very spacious. The morning breakfast buffet was among the best of its kind. Fruit was fresh; choices were many; and the oatmeal was especially good. And all this at a great price.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

Our and another family use this is a stop on our way down to South Carolina. It was fairly easy to find the resort and we were warmly welcomed at the front desk. The rooms were very clean, comfortable and the expanded continental breakfast was quite good. There were something even for the fussy eaters in our group. The price was reasonable. We would definitely stop here again on our travels.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 November 2013

While the staff was very nice, the hotel itself was not as clean as I have come to expect from Springhill.....DIsappointed. I will choose a different location the next time I travel to Richmond for business.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
#1 of 23 in Glen Allen
Candlewood Suites Glen Allen
Candlewood Suites Glen Allen
#10 of 23 in Glen Allen

Been to SpringHill Suites Richmond Virginia Center? Share your experiences!