“My goto hotel in Richmond”

SpringHill Suites Richmond Virginia Center
Ranked #12 of 23 Hotels in Glen Allen
Reviewed 21 May 2014

This Spring Hill Suites is great. Good location and great staff. This was my third time staying here and will be my choice for future trips to Richmond. Staff was excellent. Very professional and nice. Rooms are classic SpringHill Suites format, nice amount of room to relax and not feel cramped. It's also a good value for the area. There is also plenty of restaurants in the area and a movie theater.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the road to be sure noise is not an issue.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 11 May 2014

My family was in town for my daughters college graduation. I recommended Springhill Suites because I always have a great stay. This time was different we had a fire alarm went go off at 4:00am the first night. I had to get my 70 year mom down the steps off the 4th floor. Once we made it out side with the other guest, my husband went to front desk and found it was a false alarm. We could have stayed in the room but no one from the hotel notified the guest .My mom has asthma and found it difficult to get back up the steps.

Once we made it back to the room we had to deal with the alarm continuing to go off. Didn't get back to sleep until 5:00 and we needed to get up for graduation. The next morning we got up to go down for breakfast. Elevator was out of order, my mom being a diabetic needed to eat breakfast, she went downstairs again. She had to sit down there for a while to build up enough energy to climb back up to the 4th floor.

If it wasn't for the fire drill the stay would have been great. The staff could have done a better job of letting guest know not to leave the room. . Since the elevator was out of order for most of the day, A special breakfast should have been brought to the room for the elderly senior citizens. Climbing up and down the steps was not good for them.

Room Tip: If your bringing senior citizens try to keep them on the bottom floor in case of fire drills.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

We were traveling to Florida and chose this as our halfway point. It is at the edge of a mall so there are some standard mall dining available. Large room with couch for 4 of us (parents and 2 teens). I always stay at marriott properties and this one is consistent with the quality expected.

Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We usually stay at Marriott properties when we travel, and have always had a good experience. We chose this property because it was a convenient stop to spend the night on our way back home from SC. The room was spacious enough for the four of us, we did need to request sheets for the sofa bed, but someone brought them to our room within a few minutes of our request. The staff was curteous , the free breakfast was fine. However when we got up in the morning we discovered ants crawling on the countertop and wall adjacent to the sink...at least a dozen of them. ( we did not see any the night before) When I told the person at the front desk as we were checking out his response was. " yeah, I know, we have a problem with ants here" !

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank caksec
Jorge M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Richmond Virginia Center, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Thank you for your most recent review. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with us during your stay. I can assure you we have taken preventative measures to keep the ants out and hope that if your travels bring you back to Glen Allen, you will give me and the staff the opportunity to restore your faith in the Spring Hill Suites and Marriott Brand. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.

Warmest regards.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

I stay in Marriott properties frequently and have stayed at a number of different Springhill Suites. This one was pretty typical - good service, comfortable accommodations.

My suite was a single king bed suite and a bit smaller than similar rooms at other Springhill Suites properties. The living and sleeping areas are separated by a partition. The living area has a sofa for relaxing as well as a separate work table. There's a service counter with sink, granite countertop, microwave, and small fridge. The internet connection worked just fine. The bathroom had a tub/shower combination and the shower delivered a good stream of hot water.

The hotel is about 15 minutes north of downtown Richmond, and roughly 20 minutes from the Richmond Ariport. There's easy access to the I-295 beltway around Richmond as well as I-95.

The service was good - check-in and check-out were both efficiently handled by pleasant staff members.

Overall - a decent stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Customer Service quality is terrible. You'd better not to call and speak to anybody there because they will "eat you". Customer service representatives are key people in customer's mind for him/her to decide to stay at the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Edgar G
Jason L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Richmond Virginia Center, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Good Evening Edgar G,

Thank you for taking time out of your day to post a review on your most recent experience with our hotel. I would like to first apologize for the lack of guest service that you received from my staff. You certainly had every right to be disappointed as we did not deliver on the service that has been known thought out from Marriott hotels. We certainly want to continue striving for the ultimate in guest satisfaction. If you have an opportunity to reach out to me, I would love to get some feedback on what we may have done to turn this into a positive experience for you. Any information that you may provide me will assist me in the training of my staff and would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for time and feedback.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Our stay at the Springhill Suites was the best overall experience in 26 years of traveling all over the US. The team is clearly customer focused, had attention to details, and went the extra mile in multiple situations without question. I want let people know of the quality and service providedat this hotel.

Here some of the little things that the staff did that added up to an outstanding visit. We asked for plates for our pizza and the attendent provided them, ice was offered to us when we asked for the ice machine instead of being pointed to the machine, I walked in with garbage and the receptionist provided a garbage can, we had an issue with noise in the room across from us and the receptionist contacted us back after addressing it, my daughter was having a tough night and the receptionist give her a bag of candy while in the lounge, and there were 10-15 other touches the occurred in our 3 day visit to the hotel. One or two acts of kindness and customer service is hard to find in a hotel, 25+ acts of customer service and kindness was simply amazing. Disney needs to take lessons from this hotel and staff.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Hilton Garden Inn Richmond Innsbrook
Richmond Marriott Short Pump
Richmond Marriott Short Pump
#6 of 23 in Glen Allen

Been to SpringHill Suites Richmond Virginia Center? Share your experiences!