“Good All Around Place To Eat”
Review of Silver Diner

Silver Diner
Ranked #1 of 168 Restaurants in Glen Allen
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Description: At Silver Diner, we're much more than a diner. Whether you choose a classic dish or a vegetarian, vegan, or gluten-free option, Executive Chef Ype Von Hengst has created a menu of customizable, healthier choices that all share one thing: the highest quality, all-natural ingredients available.Silver Diner is proud to be a key part of the local community, nurturing it's growth, providing food for healthier lifestyles, and supporting local schools and non-profits. With a menu that features more than 15 local farms that support sustainable agriculture, Chef Ype creates seasonal dishes using the freshest ingredients available within our local region.
Reviewed 1 June 2014

If you're looking for a place with a good variety of foods for a group, this is the place. From breakfast to dinner, they have a little bit of everything to choose from. A while back they began serving more organic and local foods so the menu has dropped some of the more high caloric items.

There are newer reviews for Silver Diner

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I love this diner for their breakfast food! It has other great offerings, but by far the best pancakes and bacon! Portions are big enough to have breakfast the next day or share with a fellow diner. Service is great at each location that i have been too and the servers remember your face depending on how often you go. When I lived closer, I would do breakfast at least one day on the weekend each month and they remembered me! Has that great "down home" feel...keep up the great work!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Visited Silver Diner for dinner for the first time and was pleasantly surprised with the food. I was not expecting much from a chain food "diner." I like the idea of more locally produced foods and the attention to some healthier entrees/side dishes with more natural ingredients - especially on kids menu too. Our entrees were tasty, vegetables in season, and food seemed fresh. In fact the strawberries in my daughter's meal were some of the freshest I've seen at any restaurant. Returned for breakfast recently and pancakes, omelet, and Belgian waffles were all terrific. Generous portion sizes too. Restaurant boasts about cleanliness and was very clean for our first dinner visit, but could have been better for the second visit for breakfast. Reasonable prices and I will return here in the future

Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

We were impressed by the great staff! Our food was excellent! We had a salad and a burger! Great portions and comfortable booths! We can't wait to go back!

Reviewed 21 April 2014

On a roadtrip from SC to NJ we pulled into our hotel (Homewood Suites - which has no room service) fairly late at night. We were really hungry, and started driving around looking for something to eat. We bypassed the diner, because, well, a diner? But, nothing else was open, and it was late, so Silver Diner it was. Wow. What a surprise! All healthy food! Vegan, gluten-free, organic wine, fresh, local, clean, friendly. It was such a welcome stop and dinner. My husband had some fried fish which he said was delicious, light, not greasy. My daughter had turkey meatballs and pasta, which sounded creepy, but it was so good she ate the whole plate! My younger daughter had mac & cheese (as usual), which didn't seem to be on the menu. And me, I had the most delicious black bean quesadilla with cilantro sour cream and chunky avocodo and a glass of white wine. Awesome. Do not hesitate to eat here. They have regular foo - not all "health" food, but it all seems to be cooked healthy. I wish they had a diner near me!

Shout out to Ann, our waitress. What an enthusiastic good sport!