“Great if you thoroughly enjoy smoke and ashes.”

Days Inn Glen Allen
Ranked #19 of 23 Hotels in Glen Allen
Reviewed 17 July 2013

I booked two rooms here because it was the closest hotel to the church I was getting married at the next morning. Some of these things, could possibly be the fault of Priceline, who I booked through, but the hotel itself could have remedied them for us if they chose.

Booked through Priceline. I was supposed to get two non-smoking rooms with two queen beds. I got there and was told that I had two rooms with KING sized beds. This was for seven women so it was going to be a tight squeeze but I was going to be okay with it. The biggest problem was that one of the rooms was a smoking room. None of us are smokers and we were all going to be getting ready for a wedding in the rooms so no one wanted to smell like smoke, right? They wouldn't switch it for a non-smoking even though they had one available. :( If any of you have ever gotten married, you know that the night before your wedding you are super emotional. Yeah...this is not what I wanted to hear. Basically, two of us slept in the room and then all seven of us had to get ready in the other room so that our dresses wouldn't smell like smoke. They could have easily helped us out but they refused to do it.

They also had smoking and non-smoking rooms right next to each other so EVERYTHING smelled like smoke all over the whole hotel. Yuck. Cigarette holes all over the bedding too. Double yuck. Honestly, I think I was a little afraid to eat the breakfast because everything in the hotel just felt so dirty and smoky. No breakfast for me.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 22 June 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 June 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 June 2013

I made my reservation by phone enroute via Wyndam Rewards. Generally that should suffice to bring up my information, etc. We arrived at around 9pm. My husband stayed in the car since usually we have to move it to get closer to the room.

Two men were ahead of me, filling out forms they were together. They stepped aside and I gave my name and said I had a reservation. The clerk/owner? said he had to finish the other folks first. It took long enough that my husband came in since he was getting alarmed. Finally it came time for me. The clerk had my reservation with the correct information but had me fill out another form. Then he quoted a price that was higher, including cost for safe. Then he fixed that but still charged me for it on the credit card. He was very precise, quoting everything he was doing over and over but making mistakes (such as not returning my card, or giving me my room assignment, etc). He apologized for his behavior stating that there had been a tornado a couple of miles away a few hours ago, and that they'd lost power for awhile. He seemed quite freaked out over the event. But it did make us a little leary of our choice. Finally I got my keys and checkout receipt. There was only one entrance.

The rooms was very clean, but old tube tv, furniture worn. Minifridge was cold (altho' my blue ice containers were not frozen by the next morning). Day's Inn wifi was not the strongest signal. My husband used another stronger one; I stuck with the hotel's. Continental breakfast was to begin at 6:30am. We got there at about 6:31 and the attendant (owner's wife?) came out of door marked private and just began unlocking the kitchen to put things out. As we were in a hurry we went back upstairs to make our departure preparations. 10 minutes later, the breakfast was orange juice, bananas, toast, 2 cereal choices, pancake mix, and donut balls. She was still working on the coffee - but that was laid out as well. The dining are was only 2-3 tables. After setting out the food, she then returned to the private quarters. There was no one at the front desk then, nor when we left the hotel at around 7:15.

I selected this hotel based on the great reviews on tripadvisor. It was not what I expected by any means, and I'm not particularly picky.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Comfort Suites Glen Allen
Comfort Suites Glen Allen
#8 of 23 in Glen Allen
Extended Stay America - Richmond - Innsbrook

Been to Days Inn Glen Allen? Share your experiences!