“Never stay there again!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn Glen Allen

Days Inn Glen Allen
Ranked #20 of 23 Hotels in Glen Allen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Lawrenceburg, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

Visited Richmond and stayed 3 nights. I had originally planned to stay same place 3 nights, but after my first night that I stayed down the street in a nightmare motel I moved to the Days Inn for the last 2 nights.

PROS: Room was clean, large and comfortable. Price was great. (What I was looking for.) Owners son worked the desk and he went way out of his way to accommodate my need for an early check in. Polite and professional.

CONS: Continental breakfast was very limited. They ran out of waffle mix on the first morning. On the second morning the inn didn't have hardly any guests and they simply placed an "out of order" sign on the waffle batter dispenser which I am sure was working fine. Paper thin ceiling. Constantly hearing sounds from the room above at all hours of night. (Talking, walking, jumping - it was like someone was living up there.) Stay on the second floor might be a solution.

Room Tip: Second floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Evansville, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

Finding high-quality hotels with reasonable rates in Richmond is a challenge. Upon visiting colleges in the area, my daughter and I settled on the Days Inn a bit north of town. While a very good value (cheaper than most in the area), the hotel is basic but clean and quite acceptable. Area is fairly quiet and room is more than adequate. Breakfast in small lobby is ok but nothing special. Overall, this is one of the better values in the Richmond area.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Norwalk
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

we visited Richmond on an extended trip this month.

the hotel was safe, clean and simple - - - no frills.
the location worked great for our needs.

my only wish - more items at the breakfast. This was a very simple continental breakfast.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

I booked two rooms here because it was the closest hotel to the church I was getting married at the next morning. Some of these things, could possibly be the fault of Priceline, who I booked through, but the hotel itself could have remedied them for us if they chose.

Booked through Priceline. I was supposed to get two non-smoking rooms with two queen beds. I got there and was told that I had two rooms with KING sized beds. This was for seven women so it was going to be a tight squeeze but I was going to be okay with it. The biggest problem was that one of the rooms was a smoking room. None of us are smokers and we were all going to be getting ready for a wedding in the rooms so no one wanted to smell like smoke, right? They wouldn't switch it for a non-smoking even though they had one available. :( If any of you have ever gotten married, you know that the night before your wedding you are super emotional. Yeah...this is not what I wanted to hear. Basically, two of us slept in the room and then all seven of us had to get ready in the other room so that our dresses wouldn't smell like smoke. They could have easily helped us out but they refused to do it.

They also had smoking and non-smoking rooms right next to each other so EVERYTHING smelled like smoke all over the whole hotel. Yuck. Cigarette holes all over the bedding too. Double yuck. Honestly, I think I was a little afraid to eat the breakfast because everything in the hotel just felt so dirty and smoky. No breakfast for me.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Sleep Inn
Sleep Inn
#33 of 81 in Richmond
Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond/Virginia Center

Been to Days Inn Glen Allen? Share your experiences!