“worst stay ever”

Days Inn Glen Allen
Ranked #20 of 23 Hotels in Glen Allen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel with my husband on our way to Florida. I booked this hotel through Priceline.com and got an amazing deal. The room was very clean and exceeded our expectations for the price. It is in a convenient location just off the interstate. The only thing I think could be improved was the continental breakfast. There was not enough variety and no fresh milk\cream. Staff was very friendly. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Sinking Spring
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

I booked 2 rooms & made a special call to have the rooms connected, because we had our grand children with us. I called 4 days in advance. Oh yes they said they could do that. When we got there at 8:30 in the evening, we also had to wait for someone to check us in. The lobby had a terrible smell, of course we did not get connecting rooms but she told me they were only a couple of rooms apart. She was not friendly at all, and you really had to listen closely to try and understand her.
I went on the ratings they received, some one must have been smoking something bad if they think this place is great.
The breakfast was a joke, fruit loops,a few slices of white bread, watered down orange juice, empty coffee pot, and stale mini chocolate donuts. POOR!!! We checked out & ate at McDonalds. Even the rooms had a funny smell and I didn't think they were as clean as they should be.
The real kicker is, my grandson forgot his Lion seat pet which cost me $30,00 plus $6.95 S & H. When we discovered it missing, we called SunDip at the motel, yes he has it, he will return it on Tuesday after Thanksgiving. When my daughter called to ask what info he needed to return it, he said we needed to go to the UPS store get a box from them & have it pre-paid shipping. UPS told me they can print the label but they do send a box. So I checked with the post office, I received the same answer. My daughter called him back, asked him to put it in a box, measure the box & weigh it, then we could prepay & UPS would pick it up. SunDip refused to put it in a box, now mind you we are willing to pay him to put it in the box & pay the cost to return it. He got very rude & belittling to my daughter. Said we had to send the box with prepaid postage if we wanted it back. UPS would have been $29.95 to do that.
I contacted Days Inn Corporate, all they could was send me his name and I needed to deal with him directly.
My husband & I drove across the USA in Sept.-Oct. for 6 weeks. Stayed at several Days Inns. I expect more from a Wyndham property, of course did not get support in this matter.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Thank D. S
Bucks County PA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

My family and I stayed at this hotel in October 2013, and we arrived at exactly 5pm on a weekday afternoon. I waited for several minutes for someone to check me in, when finally someone arrived at the front desk. First off, don't go by the photo of the hotel...it is on a main road and you will hear traffic noise which is not terrible but noticeable nonetheless. When I tried to check in I presented my confirmation number and driver's license, and was told that since I did not have my Wyndham Rewards card (I was using a free night) I would not be able to check in! I have used several free nights in various cities around the county and NEVER have been asked to present my Wyndham card. Fortunately I memorized my membership number so I was able to convince the clerk (who happened to be the hotel owner) that I was actually me, even though he had my driver's license in his hand. Anyway, I noticed as soon as I walked in that the place smelled very strange. I figured it was around dinnertime so maybe another guest had food brought in, but when it was just as strong 5 hours later I changed my mind. I eventually received my room assignment and proceeded to swipe my card in the lock, only to find that the room was already occupied. Thank God the card didn't unlock the door and the person in the room had a nasty cough.

After receiving my (unoccupied) room we checked in and the room itself was nice enough. Ample sized and clean so no complaints there, except that the TV only got 2 channels. No big deal, I wasn't there to watch TV. The next morning I went for my "free breakfast" at 8am to find a 1/4 full pitcher of OJ (unchilled), Froot Loops and no milk. That was it, nothing else. And the hallways still smelled. Needless to say, we loaded up the car and got out of there.

After seeing online that this particular establishment had received awards in the past, I thought this would be an excellent place for me and my family. There were certainly some frustrations, but at least the room was nice and that's the most important thing. Also, there are several places to grab dinner a couple of miles away, and the hotel is conveniently located near the highways. Overall, I expect better from a Wyndham establishment, but if you don't care about the free breakfast, watching TV, and have no sense of smell, you'll be fine.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Sleep Inn
#32 of 81 in Richmond
Wyndham Virginia Crossings Hotel & Conference Center
Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond/Virginia Center

Been to Days Inn Glen Allen? Share your experiences!