“Very nice evening!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Had a wonderful meal at Maya. Tucked away in an area just east of Short Pump town center (near the Regal Theaters) it was a very nice meal. Not your typical Mexican fare, but rather, an upscale version. The Chicken Tamale was fantastic. I definitely recommend a try!

1  Thank William L

Reviewed 6 October 2013

Totally worth going. Not your typical Americanized Mexican joint. Great offerings with lovely fresh muddled tequila drinks. Everything we ate was spot on. Will return over and over again.

1  Thank Freimie
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Just by chance my wife said last night, let's try that Maya Grill. Tucked in an out of the way shopping area I wasn't quite sure if I wanted to try it. Wow was I wrong and I have been trying to think of words to describe the experience.It has been hard but I will say "Grommet Modern Mexican" .
Maya as one of our servers said is an infusion of several Latin countries.Never have I enjoyed Latin more than I did last night at Maya.My steak fajita was smothered in onions,peppers ,and was full of choice strips of steak (so very good and not over cooked).My wife had the barbecued ribs with plantains and slaw.I had a triple milk cake with caramel drizzle and strawberry for desert and my wife had her second margarita .
We can say we will go back to Maya again and again even if I can't find the right words to describe an enjoyable experience.

1  Thank Woodstock46
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Hidden gem. Definitely the best Mexican in Henrico if not all of Richmond. Nice atmosphere and bar. My wife and I had drinks, appetizers, entrees, and desserts for under $70. Pleasant staff. This is my go to spot for Mexican in Richmond.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

We went for a birthday celebration. I had chile relleno stuffed with jumbo lump car, delicious. My son enjoy his ribs and salad too. Everything beautifully presented. Margaritas were too my liking not too sweet. They even brought a piece of tres leches cake with a candle in it. Service was good.