“Best Brunch Vaue in Richmond Metro”
Review of Hondos

Hondos
Reserve with OpenTable
Hondos is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 173 Restaurants in Glen Allen
Price range: US$40 - US$60
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Broad St.
Description: Hondos is Richmond's prime destination for great steak. Hondos features a variety of perfectly aged cuts, broiled to your request and served sizzling. The menu features three different cuts of filet mignon, a cowboy rib-eye and a 24oz porterhouse. Hondos also specializes in fresh seafood with such favorites as jumbo lump (absolutely no-filler) crabcakes, South African lobster tails and a daily "fresh catch" to name a few. Whether a romantic evening for two or a business dinner, Hondos is sure to surpass your highest expectations in food and unparalleled service. Why not join us tonight?
Reviewed 5 August 2013

This has to be one of the best Brunch values in the Richmond Metro area. We had Eggs Hondo (Benedict), Prime Rib and Ham sliced at the carving station (they also had omelets being prepared), seafood newberg, sausage gravy & biscuiots, cheese grits, fruits and breads, pecan pie and Mimosas. There was a lot of other foods that we didn't sample because we were too full. Plus, they had music (piano & bass) that was very good and set the mood. All of this for $24.95 each! Deal of the week.

Reviewed 2 August 2013

The food was well prepared, I had the Frenched Austrailian (I know it sound funny) Lamb Chops medium rare which were well seasoned and delicious. The house salad was nice and fresh, the Garlic Mashed potatoes where ok. My friend had the Crab Cakes and thought they were delicious as well. The wine list was good and the Molten Lave cake dessert was to die for!

Reviewed 14 July 2013

Had dinner at Hondos on a Saturday night recently. Almost no one was there. Lots of wait staff walking around doing nothing. Annoying non stop Christopher Cross music playing. Other than that, the atmosphere was very steakhouse like. Wine list was not very extensive. Took about 15minutes to get our wine once ordered which was surprising considering the lack of patrons. The menu was small. Ordered the crab cakes which were okay. Everyone else got steak which they seemed to like. Overall the food was no better than average. While we were eating a waitress began removing the glassware from all of the empty tables in our room. This was very loud and a very unprofessional thing to do while patrons are eating their meals. I would not recommend Hondos.. There are better steakhouses in Richmond.

Lewis_Inc, Public Relations Manager at Hondos, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2013

Thank you for your post here on Trip Advisor. We welcome reviews from our guests as we seek opportunity to improve through their feedback. From kitchen to curb we are tireless in the pursuit of perfection; this mission is what WE get excited about.
I am glad that your party enjoyed the steaks, though so very sorry that you found our award winning no-filler lump-crabcakes to be just average. I am indeed horrified that a server was so very distracting while you dined. We pride ourselves on the sterling performance for which our staff is generally known, and I have addressed this grievous misstep with our entire team. I am deeply sorry that you did not have the experience for which you had hoped at Hondo’s. After reading the reminder of your reviews here on Trip Advisor and seeing that you have not yet had a perfect experience anywhere, I am unsure that any restaurant could be up to the challenge. I would indeed appreciate the opportunity to try to exceed your every expectation. If it is not too much trouble, might you send me an email with your contact information so I might offer my apologies in a less anonymous, more appropriate manner? I would truly delight in the opportunity to serve you the meal you deserve. Please reference the code TA-7-14 in the email so I will know to which post the email refers. My email address is hondos.toni@yahoo.com
Toni Peebles
Director of Sales & Marketing

Reviewed 8 July 2013

We went there for July 4th. The Bone-in Ribeyes are so delicious - they melted in our mouth. The service is amazing. Ordered a shrimp special and the server brought it out and he realized it was over cooked so he sent it back to the kitchen. I didn't even have to say anything. I was trying to save room for the chocolate dessert but was just too full from the steak and potatoes. Also, salad comes with each meal. Bread and honey butter is also very good too!

Reviewed 19 June 2013

This was our first visit. Very friendly and courteous staff. Trevor & Lindsey were very attentive and professional. Very accomodating. Excellent filet, cooked to order. Melts in your mouth! Room a little too dark. Service a little slow, but we were with a large group. Overall, a fabulous evening.