“Could Have Been Cleaner”

Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Glen Allen
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Nice staff, nice hotel, nice location, but the rooms weren't as cleaned as I liked. I pulled out the silverware from the drawer and you can tell they weren't cleaned they still had food on them. Glad I brought plastic ware. The bed skirt had some kind of 'white' stain on it. Which wasn't really an issue just made me check the sheets to make sure they were cleaned. The bathroom... UGH! The walls were stained, the floor was dirty with blonde hair on it (my hair is black). The shower head and tub faucet could use some corking. I had to worry about black stuff falling while taking a shower. The chair (in 314) was ripped. The towels and wash cloths weren't white white, I went out and brought some. The room faced the highway side so I couldn't have my window open at all with all the noise. But as long as the window was closed my sleep wasn't disturbed. The room was okay, I just wasn't WOWED! Would I stay at this location again? Hmmmm probably not

Room Tip: Rooms facing the front are quieter. Buy your own plasticware. Find a coupon for a much cheaper rate
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shayla E
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Candlewood Suites Glen Allen, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear ShayBrown,

Thank you for telling us about your stay. Thank you for your valued feedback about the cleanliness of the room. We are very sorry that you were not satisfied. We are very sorry for the inconvenience. We will pass this valuable feedback on to our housekeeping staff. We use guest feedback to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests to the hotel. Thank you so much for your time.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

I was here on business and found the hotel to be very nice. Staff was also very accommodating. In the room they leave earplugs for you because of the trains that run out back of the hotel. I did not need them because the trains stopped running by 11:00 PM and did not start until I was up in the morning. So, I was pleasantly surprised that I did not have to deal with train noise whjile trying to sleep.

Room Tip: a front facing room to avoid trains
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Candlewood Suites Glen Allen, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Dear BillCarraway,

Thank you for telling us about your stay. We really appreciate all of our business travelers. We value all guest feedback. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

Candlewood Suites is a good hotel brand to use for an extended stay. I wasn't in my room that much so it met my needs. Everything was fine with this hotel's location and amenities. There are plenty of restaurants, shopping, and grocery stores nearby with fairly easy access to the interstate. However, it was the little things that have left me to give this rating. One of the light fixtures above the bed wouldn't work. Some of my towels had frayed edges and black spots on them. One of my beds had pilled sheets and a wet spot near the foot. Granted, I didn't address any of these with hotel staff but these problems shouldn't have been there in the first place.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Candlewood Suites Glen Allen, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

Dear TravelinVol,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your comments and concerns about the hotel. We will pass this on to on to our staff. We hope that you were not inconvenienced at all. We apologize that you were not completely satisfied. We use all guest feedback to make the necessary changes to the hotel. Thank you so much for your time. We hope that you may consider us again in the future.

Reviewed 10 July 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed it and they are pet friendly and they had free laundry for their guest .and had a small store inside the hotel in case you needed something to snack on or need laundry stuff. Staff very friendly and we had a suite and it was nice.would stay again if I'm in the area

• Stayed: July 2013
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Candlewood Suites Glen Allen, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2013

Dear Chanda S,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We really appreciate all of your feedback. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean ,safe, and comfortable place to stay. We are so glad that we could accommodate you during your trip to Glen Allen. We will pass your feedback on to our staff. Thank you so much for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Reviewed 25 May 2013 via mobile

You could see the property from the interstate but you need to make a lot of turns to get to it. Location is in the back of an office park with other hotels. However there is a vast selection of eateries about 1/2 mile away in a shopping center.
Staff was very friendly and helpful. Room was fine except for the worst looking desk chair we have ever seen in a hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Candlewood Suites Glen Allen, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2013

Dear Mikejack52,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your feedback. Thank you for your feedback about the chair in your room. We are very sorry that you were not satisfied. We use guest feedback to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you , and future guests to the hotel. Thank you for your time. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 1 May 2013

We have used this hotel on several occasions, most notably when we travel to Richmond for NASCAR weekends. It is an extended stay facility and they do accept pets. We like the convenience to I-64, 288, and 295, not to mention the excellent shopping and restaurant choices in the Short Pump area. This is a no frills hotel, because it is extended stay. However, the full sized refrigerator and mini kitchen are very nice to have. There is also a small desk and free wifi. The staff have always been very nice and helpful when we have been there. There is free coffee available 24/7, but no breakfast. There is a small store where you can purchase some breakfast items, as well as snacks, beverages, and toiletries. There are grocery stores and restaurants within walking distance, but you may have to cross a very busy road to get to some of them (Broad Street), which can be quite intimidating; however, it is easy to get around by car if you don't mind driving in a lot of traffic. All in all, we like this place and will continue to use it when visiting Richmond.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GennasMom
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Candlewood Suites Glen Allen, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2013

Dear GennasMom,

Thank you for telling us about your stay. Thank you for telling us about your extended stay. We really appreciate all of your comments. We will pass them on to our staff. We strive to provide all of our guests with a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you so much for your time. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 28 April 2013

This hotel is absolutely excellent! The staff was super friendly and helpful. The hotel is centrally located to everything you can possibly need. The room had every amenity you need, and was meticulously clean. I spent 10 days here and they were only supposed to clean the room once, but they did it twice.They offer free washers and dryers.The also have a 24 hr store that works on the honor system, free daily USA TODAY, the also have a 24 hr fitness center. The only negative is there is no pool. I will definitely recommend this hotel to all my friends and family. The address of this hotel is Brookriver Rd. in Glen Allen, NOT Telegraph Rd

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo

Dear Edith,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your feedback regarding your extended stay. We will pass all of yoru comments to the staff. They always appreciate hearing when they are doing a good job. Thank you so much for your stay. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.