“Clean but not my favorite”

Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Glen Allen
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
“Clean but not my favorite”
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed here because my sons baseball team was staying here. Our room was clean however the halls smell of cigarette smoke, like they still allow people to smoke in their rooms. This is an issue with an a son allergic to smoke.

Our room was clean, however the chair was ripped and needs to be replaced.

Parking was tight since they share a parking lot with the Comfort Suites next door and no breakfast was offered.

The front desk people were helpful and nice. However, if my son was not staying here we would've moved hotels upon arrival.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Candlewood Suites Glen Allen, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear Brandy,

Thank you for telling us about your visit with us. We really appreciate all of your comments and concerns about the hotel. Thank you for telling us your concerns about the smoke you smelled in the hallway. We are very sorry if this inconvenienced you at all. We will pass this feedback on to our staff. We use guest feedback to make changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests to the hotel. Thank you so much for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Candlewood Suites Glen Allen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 6 December 2013

I was there on a business trip, had a great experience for the first time at that hotel. Price range for the single bed was fair. The Front desk person Sonny was very friendly. Greeted us very nice with professional manners. Room were pretty clean and great service. Rooms were provided with most of the equipment needed iron, press stand and good TVs., it was very quiet atmosphere. Friendly staff and good environment. Plenty of parking near your room!!!!!! You compare the price with bigger hotels and expensive hotels and or cheap hotels and their price, this hotel was very good for it's price; reason is not just the price or just the location how clean the rooms were, how clean the bed sheets were, what kind of environment was and how friendly the staff was. That was most important for me, which made me feel it was worth staying there and within my price range. Grocery stores were nearby gas stations shopping centers and also it is right off of interstate!! which makes a huge difference, other hotels off of interstate charge a lot just because of their location but at this hotel they do not charge that much.

Room Tip: Near Interstate.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Candlewood Suites Glen Allen, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Dear Mike S,

Thank you for telling us about your stay.. We really appreciate all of our business travelers. Thank you for your feedback about the hotel. We will be sure to pass this feedback on to our staff. We use feedback to make changes to the hotel. We hope that you will chose us again in the future

Cornelius, NC
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Our room was disgusting - stains on the bed skirts and a large gross brown stain on the curtain. If we hadn't been exhausted, we would have looked elsewhere. We wore our flip flops rather than walk on the floor.

Never again!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Glen Allen, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Dear 2Sallycats,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I want to assure you that our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. I am sorry to hear that we failed to meet your expectations during your stay with us. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and services we offer to our guests.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Nice staff, nice hotel, nice location, but the rooms weren't as cleaned as I liked. I pulled out the silverware from the drawer and you can tell they weren't cleaned they still had food on them. Glad I brought plastic ware. The bed skirt had some kind of 'white' stain on it. Which wasn't really an issue just made me check the sheets to make sure they were cleaned. The bathroom... UGH! The walls were stained, the floor was dirty with blonde hair on it (my hair is black). The shower head and tub faucet could use some corking. I had to worry about black stuff falling while taking a shower. The chair (in 314) was ripped. The towels and wash cloths weren't white white, I went out and brought some. The room faced the highway side so I couldn't have my window open at all with all the noise. But as long as the window was closed my sleep wasn't disturbed. The room was okay, I just wasn't WOWED! Would I stay at this location again? Hmmmm probably not

Room Tip: Rooms facing the front are quieter. Buy your own plasticware. Find a coupon for a much cheaper rate
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ShayBrown
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Candlewood Suites Glen Allen, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Dear ShayBrown,

Thank you for telling us about your stay. Thank you for your valued feedback about the cleanliness of the room. We are very sorry that you were not satisfied. We are very sorry for the inconvenience. We will pass this valuable feedback on to our housekeeping staff. We use guest feedback to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests to the hotel. Thank you so much for your time.

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I was here on business and found the hotel to be very nice. Staff was also very accommodating. In the room they leave earplugs for you because of the trains that run out back of the hotel. I did not need them because the trains stopped running by 11:00 PM and did not start until I was up in the morning. So, I was pleasantly surprised that I did not have to deal with train noise whjile trying to sleep.

Room Tip: a front facing room to avoid trains
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Candlewood Suites Glen Allen, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Dear BillCarraway,

Thank you for telling us about your stay. We really appreciate all of our business travelers. We value all guest feedback. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Candlewood Suites is a good hotel brand to use for an extended stay. I wasn't in my room that much so it met my needs. Everything was fine with this hotel's location and amenities. There are plenty of restaurants, shopping, and grocery stores nearby with fairly easy access to the interstate. However, it was the little things that have left me to give this rating. One of the light fixtures above the bed wouldn't work. Some of my towels had frayed edges and black spots on them. One of my beds had pilled sheets and a wet spot near the foot. Granted, I didn't address any of these with hotel staff but these problems shouldn't have been there in the first place.

Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Candlewood Suites Glen Allen, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
Dear TravelinVol,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your comments and concerns about the hotel. We will pass this on to on to our staff. We hope that you were not inconvenienced at all. We apologize that you were not completely satisfied. We use all guest feedback to make the necessary changes to the hotel. Thank you so much for your time. We hope that you may consider us again in the future.

Salisbury, North Carolina
Reviewed 10 July 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed it and they are pet friendly and they had free laundry for their guest .and had a small store inside the hotel in case you needed something to snack on or need laundry stuff. Staff very friendly and we had a suite and it was nice.would stay again if I'm in the area

• Stayed July 2013
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Candlewood Suites Glen Allen, responded to this review, 15 July 2013
Dear Chanda S,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We really appreciate all of your feedback. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean ,safe, and comfortable place to stay. We are so glad that we could accommodate you during your trip to Glen Allen. We will pass your feedback on to our staff. Thank you so much for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.