“Server Too Busy With Friends”
Review of Samurai Japanese Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Samurai Japanese Restaurant
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Samurai is ok for lunch and is quite consistent. Nothing special. For my most recent lunch experience, our server spent far more time talking to friends at another table then paying attention to our table's orders. Interior is dated and boring. Service is lackluster, but generally consistent. Sushi is average and the sashimi platter often leaves something to be desired in terms of presentation.

Reviewed 14 March 2012

The best way to review Samurai in Glen Allen (Richmond) is to say...YUMMMMMMM. Lunch specials come with the traditional soup or salad and two rolls of your choice. But also on the plate are edamame and two bites of a crisp, fresh spring roll. It is an ideal portion served with style and extras. And it doesn't hurt that every roll is fabulous. Although it is not on the lunch menu the Green Catepillar Roll is always available and worth ordering and splitting with a companion. It has tuna, avacado, a fresh jalapeno slice and is topped with a delectable wasabi sauce. While it has a mild kick, it is no spicier than a spicy tuna roll. Other rolls that rock are the peanut avacado roll (perfect balance of salty, crunchy, smooth, sweet flavors), sweet potato roll and the spicy tuna. For a small extra charge of 50 cents, you can have a fresh jalepeno slice added to any roll. While it might sound like a strange combo...it works. Whatever you choose, the sushi is going to be fresh and exceed expectations. And for those who do not venture into the world of sushi, there are plenty of options for entrees. This is by far the best sushi experience in Richmond.

Reviewed 14 November 2011

My daughter and I had lunch at this restaurant and we were not very pleased. Small portions, gnats in food, charged incorrect amount for lunch. I have eaten at Sakura's, which is similar to this establishment and I find their food, portions and service to be much better.

Reviewed 6 July 2010

i've eaten at the Samurai about 2 dozen times, both for lunch and dinner, with family, with my wife only, and for business lunches. I've never been disappointed. I usually order sushi, which always seems fresh, but have also sampled various cooked meals, Bento boxes, and appetizers. Their service is great, and the restaurant has a very clean, pleasant interior (ditto for the bathrooms). I'm always suprised it isn't packed, but it's off the beaten path. However, I consider this one the best Japanese restaurants I know in the West End. I can't compare to the rest of Richmond because i have had no need to go any farther for Japanese food.