“Take out in the Gooch”

Rocco's Pizza
Ranked #8 of 16 Restaurants in Goochland
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 25 October 2011

The sandwiches at Rocco's are great along with the Pizza's. I love their Steak and Cheese sandwich and their wings are also good. One item that is super is the Chicken Livers. I know that most do not like these; but if you like livers then you should try these. They don't come with a side; but I order to take home and cook my own sides.

There are newer reviews for Rocco's Pizza

Reviewed 30 September 2009

Rocco's might as well be two restaurants. There is a smoking section and a non smoking section and the two crowds do not mix. I've always sat in the non-smoking section and I could never tell that there was a smoking section on the other side of the restaurant. They have a limited number of beers and some other alcoholic beverages. The staff is very friendly and the owners are great friendly down the earth guys. The food is hard to rate, The pizzas are outstanding. It's probably the best and the freshest pizza you'll get in the area. It's thin crust and the ingredients are always placed just right. No topping overpowers the other. I've had every single pizza on their menu so I know. The Mediterranean pizza and the white pizza are must haves. Also the cheese steak and the vegetarian pizza are outstanding. The other items on the menu, like the pasta dishes and the burgers, are clearly made from frozen. The tomato sauce on their pastas tastes like someone just dumped it out of the the can and heated it up. Which is not bad per se, but I can do that at home... The raviolis and other stuffed pastas TASTED like they were frozen right before cooking, which again, it's something one should expect for a place like this. The reason why I say that it's like two restaurants is because I've seen a little league party on one end of the restaurant and hard drinking chain-smokers on the other.

2  Thank TravelRevReview

Been to Rocco's Pizza? Share your experiences!