“White Hawk Music Cafe”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 26 June 2013

I'v passed by White Hawk almost everyday and never really much noticed it until recently. And boy was that a mistake! White Hawk has a great atmosphere and customer service. The food is excellent and I was surprised to see that they sell musical instruments and offer lessons. I'v gone back to eat at White Hawk many times since then and can honestly say I haven't had a bad experience yet.

Reviewed 26 June 2013

Who would of thought Goochland County would have such an amazing cafe?! White hawk always feels like home to me and is always a friendly surrounding! the food was killer good and the music keeps playin to keep a smile on everyones face! The music lesson offers i got and all the instruments for sale were taunting me! ill defff be back soon! GREAT CAFE

Reviewed 8 March 2013

This may be a great place to meet friends, it is the only coffee house in Goochland. I have never ordered anything there that has been good. Tried a scone for breakfast and it was stale. Tried soup for lunch and it was served in a small plastic bowl. Sandwiches were not good. Everything there is ready made out of a can or package. Nothing is homemade. I wouldn't be surprised if the coffee drinks are prepackaged instant concoctions.

1  Thank Wearytraveler565
Reviewed 2 December 2012

Great local place for music and food. Good coffee selection. One of the best music scenes anywhere around. Good people, friendly atmosphere

1  Thank Mark G
Reviewed 21 September 2012

This is a tough review because I really liked this place and see that it has so much potential. We stopped in early evening and the locals were just beginning to filter in carrying mostly guitars. Within a few moments strings were being plucked and a rhythm was beginning to form. It was really cool to see young and old sitting in a semi-circle and jamming away on acoustic instruments - really a great time and wish we could have stayed longer.

Now back to the reason we originally stopped - we were hungry. The menu was quite limited but a fair selection of sandwiches were offered. Soda, tea, and other drinks were available and two adults can expect to eat for $20-25 total. Now the food was ok but nothing really to become excited about. And being served in a plastic basket with a plastic fork - not impressive as the rest of the place.

Service was somewhat strange also. We walked in and were not sure if we should seat ourself but within moments the man behind the "bar" told us to grab a table. And now we waited for a waitress...and once again the guy from behind the "bar" took over and supplied our drinks and eventually our meals. Not sure if that is their standard operating procedure or they were short a waiter but when behind the bar the man was busy enough.

I will stop by again to listen to some music and deal with average food and service. Again, really a cool little place with so much potential!

1  Thank CSZY67