“2013, March, Stay in Yurt”

Shenandoah Crossing
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Gordonsville
Sevierville, TN
“2013, March, Stay in Yurt”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed one night in a cabin and that was terrific. Nicely decorated, fully furnished (perfect because I take organic food with me) and comfy. Enough room for myself & my lady and nicely setup inside. Then spent 2 nights in a yurt which was what I've been wanting to build. Decorated better than I expected. Kitchen was great, bathroom great, all utensils needed as well as towels, etc. VERY comfy. We spent 2 days inside - except for venturing out 1/2 the first day for groceries and to sightsee. Weather was a bit chilly, otherwise we would've ridden horses and played some basketball. I clicked on July 2013, because that was as far back as this site would allow me (yea, life's been busy, so I'm behind in reviewing).

Room Tip: It didn't matter to us where or which cabin or yurt.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
BluegreenCares, Manager at Shenandoah Crossing, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Hello Fred_TN,

We thank you for your time and generous compliments about Shenandoah Crossing. We appreciate your willingness to share your positive remarks about your last stay. We are delighted to hear that everything (except, maybe a bit of chilly weather) was perfect. We are happy that you enjoyed the comfortable and well-furnished room, as well as the sightseeing and outdoor activities. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We just got back from Shenandoah Crossing Resort. This was our first stay and our first visit to Virginia for myself, my husband and my grandson. We generally associate vacations with the beach but this year there was not enough time for that, so we chose a vacation closer to our home state of Indiana. We were also interested in checking out some of the historical sites located nearby. We were pleasantly surprised with the 2 bedroom yurt we stayed in... it was great! I researched the resort before booking so I knew we would be a bit in the countryside, that some of the amenities cost (such as horseback riding) and that the nearby town was rather small but quite nice with the great civil war museum/hotel/hospital, so no complaints there. I can only say if you like to be outdoors in the quiet relaxing atmosphere this is the place. The yurt was very spacious, well equipped, beds very comfortable. The only complaint would be the TV reception, which did not bother me but annoyed my husband a bit... but heck we can watch TV at home. There was free internet access (no probs with that) and also DVDs to rent for the entire stay for only 2.00 each. We are Bluegreen owners and did an update presentation, which was not as high pressured as some I have attended in the past. Because we attended we were able to have 2 horseback rides and three tickets to James Madson's Montpielier home, so that worked out well for us. The pool at the resort was great, large and only crowded on Friday and Saturday, but still we were able to enjoy it even with the crowds. This should improve after they get the main lodge and indoor pool finished later this year. Also the game room had quite a few games, and my grandson just loved the outdoor chess set and yes, he did beat his grandma. We also were able to have our own campfire outside of our yurt with the fire pit so it was roasted marshmallows one night. My 9 year-old grandson was easily entertained with the activities, DVD's, game room, pool, free miniature golf, etc, for the 4 nights we stayed. I would definitely enjoy returning, perhaps just with my husband so we could spend more time touring the historic areas and winery. I would recommend the Civil War Museum in Gordonsville, of course Monticello, Montpielier and Michie Tavern... Overall we had a very nice, relaxing short vacation, just what we needed.

Room Tip: I would ask for a 2 bedroom Yurt.. just because of the unique experience of staying in a luxury tent...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Ally4900
Hello Ally4900,

We are delighted that you had such a wonderful stay at Shenandoah Crossing! We are glad that you had an amazing vacation! We are pleased you and your family could experience the variety of things to see and do. We truly appreciate your feedback, and we are sure many others will find your advice helpful. We hope to see you soon!
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I enjoy places like Tradewinds at St. Pete Beach or the Fountains in Orlando. A rustic cabin in the woods is not my idea of a vacation. Flooring was sagging in many places (my husband and I joked about going into the valley and up the hill when we walked down the hall), appliances were old and dirty. Very beautiful setting but no real access to lake for picnicking.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello m c,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Shenandoah Crossing. We regret to learn our resort was not your ideal vacation spot. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you on your next Bluegreen resort visit.
Lusby, Maryland
Reviewed 6 June 2014

While browsing through a Bass Pro Shop we were approached by a Bluegreen travel agent who talked us into a three night stay at any of their locations. We thought the offer was very fair and chose the Shenandoah Valley.

The drive out was beautiful. The area is gorgeous. The resort was wonderful as well. Friendly staff, large horse stables, pool, big lake with boat rentals available, free put-put golf...

The cabin was also wonderful. The kitchen had all the tools we needed. Even the beds were VERY comfortable. The front desk made a few calls to ensure we were doing okay.

I really could not complain about one thing. I just wish we stayed longer and that we had time to visit the abundance of vineyards close to the resort!

We will absolutely be back.

Room Tip: There are cabins directly on the lake. Unfortunately, we did not get into one of those and did not k...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cara B
Hello Cara B,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at Shenandoah Crossing. We are thrilled you had a great stay and enjoyed the cabin and resort amenities. We appreciate your comments regarding the staff and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit!
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We are bluegreen owners and were very excited about staying at this property. We drove our two young girls from MS for 14 hours ready to enjoy a relaxing week here. So far today we have found that our Tvs have terrible cable reception and after notifying management who was already aware of the problem but failed to tell us at check in or offer any sort of comp we were told nothing could be done. The second disappointment of the day came when we went outside to enjoy the view on our deck outside and our neighbors who were also in a non smoking caving as well were smoking on their deck. Apparently according to the front desk, that is acceptable. When second hand smoke is as just as harmful, I find that totally UNACCEPTABLE. We will make the most of our stay here the best we can but we will not be back and would not recommend this property.

• Stayed June 2014
7 Thank Heflins1021
Hello Heflins1021,

As Bluegreen owners we greatly appreciate you taking the time to review your experience at Shenandoah Crossing. We regret to learn of your disappointing experience and would like to further discuss. Please contact us at info@bluegreenvacations.com. Thank you for your feedback.
Chester, Va
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Just stayed for a few days. There are plenty of outdoor activities, some free and some like horseback riding cost. The accommodations were fine though a little outdated( I understand these are being updated 1 by1). The bathrooms need some work. The beds were comfortable and the kitchen well equipped. The pool area was nice but I can see a need for an adult only pool located on a different part of the property. With mini golf, basketball courts, a marina for fishing, and playgrounds the resort is really family friendly. I was disappointed there was not a walking path around the lake. The way the lakefront cabins are located , you feel you are intruding on their privacy if you walk around the lake. The only real complaint is the parking in the cul-de-sacs . It is very limited and somewhat unorganized. Nice peaceful weekend and the scenery was quite beautiful. Good place to recharge your battery.

Room Tip: Adjacent golf course is closed.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank wopo10
Hello wopo10,

Thank you for sharing your review of Shenandoah Crossing. We are happy you had a nice peaceful weekend and enjoyed the accommodations and on-site amenities and activities. We hope to welcome you back once everything is updated.
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 7 May 2014

The cabins are very nice but I wish our two bedroom had two bathrooms. I especially loved walking the grounds and looking at the horses on site. I happened across a two big woodpeckers which were busy in the wooded area in the older section of cabins. Someone took the battery out of the tv remote and when I called the front desk, they had someone out to help within minutes.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank jatwell
BluegreenCares, Manager at Shenandoah Crossing, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Hello jatwell,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Shenandoah Crossing. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and found the cabin very nice. We hope to welcome you back soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gordonsville
Best Western Plus Crossroads Inn & Suites
Omni Charlottesville
#5 of 35 in Charlottesville
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,657 reviews
Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Charlottesville - UVA, VA
Country Inn & Suites by Carlson,...
#13 of 35 in Charlottesville
Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlottesville
Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlo...
#1 of 35 in Charlottesville

Been to Shenandoah Crossing? Share your experiences!