“Below par service, pizza was nothing special, but not bad.”
Review of Fabio's Pizza

Fabio's Pizza
Ranked #5 of 22 Restaurants in Gordonsville
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 30 August 2014

Went here for lunch today while passing through town. Was in the mood for pizza and I certainly was filled up with the decently priced pizza. $14 for the special large sized. Plenty for 3-4 people. Not bad.
Sadly, the service was bad, and I can't blame the server we had. The place only have one server working the entire place during the lunch hour. There was about 20 people at about 7 to 8 tables for just one server to take care of. Restaurant standard for lunch time and dinner time should be 4 tables per server to ensure adequate service. So, unless she is management, then I blame poor management for the front end.
The pizza itself was on the cold side when it arrived, again, probably because one server for the whole place meant that the pizza sat for a while before she could get it out to our table. Suggestion: If you only have one server, then perhaps have the manager, or one of the cooks just run the food straight out to the table to ensure its fresh and hot. She was friendly and nice, but didn't have any time to connect with us as she was overwhelmed…
my last comment is about the ice tea. This has to be one of the only Ma and Pa shops in the state of Virginia I've ever been to that doesn't brew its own fresh tea. I was incredibly disappointed as the taste between soda fountain tea and brewed tea is really drastic, not to mention that soda tea is not heathy for you. You should probably inform people when they ask if you have tea, that it is NOT freshly brewed. Its Pepsi Soda Tea. GROSS!

Overall, go for a decent pizza at a good price, but don't expect good service or good tea.

1  Thank Chrismarino

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Pizza was the best I've had since I traveled to Italy three years ago. The waitress was quick and personable. I would definitely eat here again.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Wife's meal was good mine was fair. I had a chicken liguine and the chicken tasted like it had been refrigerated for a while then warmed up. was not fresh tasting. In fairness to them, I did not let them know so I don't know how they would have reacted had I given them a change to fix it.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Six of us were visiting this area and had inquired about a place to eat. This place was recommended by a local resident. The food was average, the price definitely reasonable for what you got. The service was on the slow side. What was most disturbing to me was the manager/owner.Three of us ordered the same dish - eggplant parmesan. One person had paid for hers and I paid for the other two. I had told the manager I wanted to pay for two since it was my friends birthday, told him who it was, he said ok, marked his ticket that both dinners had been paid. (Now all 3 dinners were paid for). I went to the restroom, and came back by the register only to find he had charged my friend for her eggplant parmesan. So I told him I had already paid for hers and that he had marked it on his ticket. He did credit her CC card but I didn't get an apology. On this alone I wouldn't go back.

1  Thank lexuslady1
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I had Spinach ravioli while my other half had an Italian Stromboli and wedding soup. Service was quick. In a small shopping center with a Food Lion and Subway. The food was both filling and homemade. Spinach had a creamy white alfredo sauce, while the Stromboli had capicola,and soppressata, that added a bit of spice to lots of ooey go0ey cheese. Wedding soup was served with crackers, and contained meatballs as well as chicken. I got the cup since I was having Stromboli. We chose to forgo dessert because it didn't appeal to us that night - cheesecake, tiramisu, and cannoli.