“Wonderful find” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pomme Restaurant

Pomme Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Pomme Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 19 Restaurants in Gordonsville
Price range: US$29 - US$31
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Nestled in the foothills of the Blue Ridge, in downtown Gordonsville, Virginia, Restaurant Pomme provides an authentic classic French dining experience. The restaurant welcomes diners and guests to a warm and inviting recreation of the French country side-from food to decor. Whether on a day trip or gathering with friends and family, we wish to share our passion of food and wine with you. A votre sante et bon appetit.
Richmond, Virginia
“Wonderful find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

I was looking for a French restaurant that would combine a country ride and great food. We found it in Restaurant Pomme. It was a lovely drive from Richmond (about one hour and 15 minutes with no traffic), Rte 15 North is very scenic and Main Street Gordonsville is very quaint with some antique shops. But the best was the food. We were there for lunch and my husband had the filet of sole while I had the veal which were both very delicious. The service was excellent but I think the best part for me was to see the chef coming around to the tables so frequently. He came to our table after each course to make sure that we were enjoying our meal and to chat with us. It was fun to get to talk French with him. After our wonderful meal there we visited the Barboursville vineyard which was only about a 15 minute drive from there . Great weather, great food, great scenery=perfect day.

• Visited July 2014
Guillaume G, Owner at Pomme Restaurant, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Thank you for visiting, we love it when our guests are happy. I will be sure to share you feedback on the food and service with Chef G, I know he will be pleased to hear you had an enjoyable experience. I speak for all of us when I say that we are looking forward to your next visit!

Charlottesville
“The Culmination of a Beautiful Ride Out in Rural Virginia”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

Nothing rural about the Pomme Restaurant other than being situated in the small quaint town of Gordonsville. It's surrounded by some very nice shops, too. The service was excellent and the menu varied. I had the cheesy spinach ravioli. This was a little too rich, even for French cuisine. The house salad that accompanied the ravioli helped make the meal more palatable. Perhaps I should have had something I could have given a better report on, such as the veal piccata. Next time I will do that.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Williamsburg, Virginia
“A wonderful experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

What a surprise in this tiny rural area...Restaurant Pomme delighted every sense and made us feel like we were special guests at a French country estate. We started with a glass of dry Rose' wine as an aperitif. For our appetizers we had the incredible beet salad and the escargots with wild mushrooms and cream. Both were beautifully presented and delicious. Our entrees were veal, the chicken roulade, and the filet of sole. Our waiter suggested a wonderful white wine that would complement all the entrees we had selected. Dessert did not disappoint--we ordered the sorbet and the apple tart. The chef goes from table to table to ensure all are enjoying the wonderful and thoughtful cuisine. Definitely worth the trip!

1 Thank HappyDiner776
Charlottesville, Virginia
“A Gordonsville Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Located in the small town of Gordonsville Va., less than a half hour from Charlottesville, you will discover a small and intimate restaurant with wonderful French cooking. Savoring every bite of the stuffed chicken medallions w/a creamy tarragon sauce..I had to use considerable restraint to keep from licking the plate. The chicken was accompanied by specially whipped potatoes on top of squash and greens....the presentation was beautiful for all the dishes served.

Best chocolate mousse I have ever enjoyed. Will certainly return for special occasions. Food, service and ambience were fantastic.

Monterey, Virginia
“Gordonsville Delight”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Enjoyed lunch at the Pomme after the Home and Garden tour in Gordonsville. Good thing we had reservations because the restaurant was packed! I had the Fromage de Chèvre Périgord which was fresh and tasty. It was difficult not to fill up on the fresh bread and creamy butter brought to the table before our meal! Atmosphere was charming and delightful. The staff were congenial and attentive in spite of a very busy day! How nice to find French food in the beautiful Virginia countryside. Would definitely go back!

• Visited April 2014