“Best crab cakes, hands down.”

Crusty Crab Seafood Shack
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 June 2014

This is a little, family-run place and it shows in the service (personal but maybe a bit curt/informal). However, I have eaten many crab cakes in my day and the crab cakes and Crusty Crab are hands down the BEST I have ever had. The hand-cut fries were also a cut above the usual, and even the homemade tartar sauce was fantastic. Everything is homemade, in-house. To top it all off, prices were incredibly reasonable. We are so glad we went here!

1  Thank Caitlin J

Reviewed 17 June 2014

This place is a little gem on the water. Very modest and silly decor but great food and great prices. Get anything with the crab dip. I had blackened shrimp and hubby had the steak. The seasoning was awesome. The BIG glass of wine is really big, and beers served cold and canned. Our waitress was real sweet and quick. I love this place. Next time I'm in town I'm going again. Do make reservations on the weekend.

1  Thank Jbap
Reviewed 3 June 2014

This is one of the family favorites - its hard to find somewhere that can fill up 2 teens and not break the bank. Crabby fries are a family must have and are worth the visit alone. We always buy the basket meals - a lot of food for a decent price. I'm not always a big seafood person but the hamburgers are great. And when the waitress comes up and says 'the captain caught tuna today so that's the special' you know the food is fresh. We've never had a bad meal and we go there as often as budget allows.

1  Thank Lisa S
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We ate at The Crusty Crab Seafood Shack last night. The food was amazing. The cream of crab soup was awesome. Crabby fries were so cheesy and crabby on top of fresh cut boardwalk style fries. Crab cakes big and crab filled. I got the Crabby Chicken which is grilled chicken topped with crab cake and sharp cheddar cheese. Our son got a cheese burger from the kid's menu. It was at least a 1/3 lb. and he said it was awesome as he ate every bite. Definitely a must visit if on the Eastern Shore. The portions are big. You can tell they use high quality seafood. Everything is seasoned well. We ate at several restaurants on Chincoteague Island for days preceding this and wish we would have stumbled upon this first.

1  Thank Jonathan B
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

No grit in the Shrimp here! Exceptional Waterview, Excellent Service, Above Average Food but Cleanliness is the only problem I found wrong with this hole in the wall Shack vs. Ray's Shanty! Like views prior, sticky tables & menus, plastic plates were served as appetizer plates and ours were not washed properly at all...two were stuck together with mayonaisse! WASH, RINSE, SANITIZE!!! Especially Plastics!!!

2  Thank FLVAcritic