“Dont judge a book by its cover!;)”

Crusty Crab Seafood Shack
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
“Dont judge a book by its cover!;)”
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Okay first thing first the place looks like a run down shack from the outside but is SUPER CUTE on the inside. Spongebob decor EVERYWHERE. Floor was clean and so was the bathroom. Now on to the food. I recommend the Craby Fries for an appetizer. They are pretty big and fed my whole family of four! I got the cheese burger. AMAZING. LOVED IT! Little sister got a cheeseburger and devoured it. Great prices! Mom got crab cakes. Dad got a seafood dish. Wanted to have dessert but i w
as way too full! Maybe next time! :D 5 STARS ALL THE WAY! Excellent!

New Church, Virginia
“Great food and friendly faces!”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

You won't be sorry if you make the drive to the Crusty Crab! Their food is always delicious, portions plentiful, and waitresses friendly. Everything is homemade and their cornbread and Blueberry Pie is to die for! One of my favorite places to go!!!

• Visited July 2014
San Francisco, California
“Don't judge a book by its cover!”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

This place looks like a little shack BUT has the best seafood and really nice owners. We found this to be our go to place when staying at nearby Captains Cove. Great menu and best crab anywhere. Don't let the drive to "nowhere" and arrival at water's edge old house fool you. Totally worth it. Will return when we are in the East Coast again.,

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Laura F
Cork, Ireland
“Best crab cakes, hands down.”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

This is a little, family-run place and it shows in the service (personal but maybe a bit curt/informal). However, I have eaten many crab cakes in my day and the crab cakes and Crusty Crab are hands down the BEST I have ever had. The hand-cut fries were also a cut above the usual, and even the homemade tartar sauce was fantastic. Everything is homemade, in-house. To top it all off, prices were incredibly reasonable. We are so glad we went here!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Caitlin J
“I'd go back every night for dinner”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This place is a little gem on the water. Very modest and silly decor but great food and great prices. Get anything with the crab dip. I had blackened shrimp and hubby had the steak. The seasoning was awesome. The BIG glass of wine is really big, and beers served cold and canned. Our waitress was real sweet and quick. I love this place. Next time I'm in town I'm going again. Do make reservations on the weekend.

• Visited June 2014