“BED BUGS !!!!!!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Gretna
Townville, South Carolina
“BED BUGS !!!!!!”
Reviewed 30 June 2012

Awakened after only 30 minutes of sleep by bed-bugs crawling all over me! I received multiple bites. These were big, mature bed bugs so this was not a new problem. The night shift clerk was clueless and unconcerned. Did not even inform daytime management, which I found out when I called the hotel manager to complain. Manager was apologetic to the degree that she wanted to offer me a free night stay at her hotel - like I would ever want to stay there again! DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
Reviewed 25 June 2012

Stayed here for a family wedding. Was a "destination" wedding for both sides and the large breakfast area (with a great breakfast) and the pool provided plenty of space for everyone to visit. Rooms are very clean, the staff friendly and helpful, and was centrally located for both the reheasal dinner and the wedding. They were also quick to let us know what rooms had items left in them so we could pass that on. They will mail found items at no cost! Overall, most pleased and would definately stay here again if in the area.

Room Tip: we stayed on the side closer to Hwy 29 and never heard a traffic sound
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Va
Reviewed 25 June 2012

We were at this Hampton Inn this past weekend for a family wedding; I think the entire hotel was wedding guests. There is, as far as I can tell, no other hotel in the area, but you would never know that there is no competition. These people went above and beyond to make us feel welcome, accommodating our every need. The desk staff, the breakfast providers, the housekeeping staff were all very friendly, gracious, interested in our comfort. The room was great too - and a very reasonable price. It really was a perfect wedding weekend and this Hampton Inn was part of the reason.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 22 June 2012

I went to AltaVista on business and found I could stay in Lynchburg, or here. I am so glad I came a little south! I will stay at a Hampton if one is available. This Hampton is fairly new, but is so well maintained you would think it opened last week. The staff is super-friendly, the rooms are super-clean and the beds comfortable. When I came down for breakfast, there was no doubt that the staff takes great pride in making sure that every item is fresh and all selections are fully stocked. On the one morning that I was in a hurry and got a "Breakfast to go", I was surprised to find a full-sized bottle of water instead of the usual 8 oz variety. Being there for 3 days, I needed a fridge in the room and finding my room didn't have one, the staff happily moved me to a room with a fridge. I always have good stays with Hampton, but the Gretna Hampton is at the top of the Hampton tree on my list. Travel is a business necessity for me, but this place took the stress out of it!

Room Tip: Not all of the rooms have a fridge, so make sure you mention you need one up-front.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 26 May 2012

Stayed here over Memorial Day wkend 2 visit Jefferson's country home, Poplar Forest, in Lynchburg, Va. & c a few other modest historical sites. The Lynchburg Hampton Inn was an older 2story "motel" where all rooms are entered from the outside, so chose this Hampton instead, as it was 25 min away from Lynchburg. Hotel is relatively new, built in 2008, w/outdoor pool, standard fitness ctr, & a nice dining area 4 the free breakfast. Staff are very friendly & helpful, a person was watchful all thru breakfast making sure no food item ran low or any guest left wanting. Gretna is a small town, so expanded dining choices are best found in Lynchburg, 20 min up Rt 29. But the town does offer local spots to eat, if that's ur preference.

• Stayed May 2012
Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed 11 May 2012

The hotel is very clean, friendly, and accomodating. We stayed here while we were looking for property in the area. The area is beautiful and full of things to do. This hotel is in the center of it all. Danville, Smith Mountain Lake, and Martinsville Speedway are all a short drive away. My only complaint is that the rooms are defintely not for families, we had to book another room because it was a little crowded for the four of us. Nice breakfast! Would stay there again if I didn't have the kids with me!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
north carolina
Reviewed 11 May 2012

My wife and I stopped at this hotel as it was convenient for our trip from Charlotte to DC. We had looked at hotels in Lynchburg and were so glad we saw the TripAdvisor reviews indicating this hotel was new and a better choice. We certainly agree.

Our room was quite large, A/C was very very quiet, and there was limited traffic noise when we stayed. The room was very clean and well appointed.

One negative: the thermostat for the very quiet A/C had lights on it that illuminated the room at night. Unfortunately because of the location being central to the room, this made sleep at times difficult. It also was designed so that it could not be covered either with a paper or with a washcloth/towel.

The breakfast was very good and they kept all the food refreshed. The hot components were very tasty.

The staff did everything they could to make our short stay more pleasant. They seem to be from the local area and proud of their hotel.

We would stop here if we're ever in the area again especially when they are only 12500 Hilton Honors points per night.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gretna
Days Inn Alta Vista
#8 of 11 in Danville
Gretna Motel
Gretna Motel
#2 of 2 in Gretna

Been to Camber Inn? Share your experiences!