“Nightmare in Grundy”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Grundy
Mount Carbon, West Virginia, United States
“Nightmare in Grundy”
Reviewed 4 September 2012

I made a reservation for a non smoking room 2 days in advance, but when I arrived, the clerk told me that the room had been closed. Whatever that means. There was no apology, and no phone call to let me know. She offered me a smoking room on the top floor and I had no choice but to accept, because no other hotels in the area had vacancies. When I got into my room the cigarette smell was overwhelming of course, but when I picked up the phone to request the wifi code that should have been included with my key, two roaches ran out from underneath the phone. I picked up my bags, got my money back, and slept in the car in the walmart parking lot. I was very dissapointed and was completely ignored y Comfort Inn's customer service.

I don't understand the platinum rating and all of the positive reviews. My experience was so bad that I couldn't even make it through a single night.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Roy J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Virginia
Reviewed 20 August 2012 via mobile

We were passing through the area and trying to decide to stay in Claypool Hill or Grundy. We called this Comfort Inn and they were very nice and held two rooms for us for about an hour without a credit card! The rooms were very clean and the staff were all super nice. True, as other reviewers have noted, the hotel is a bit dated (wallpaper, etc.), but the important things like cleanliness and safety are all there. Folks don't go to Grundy for a luxury vacation lol! The girl at the front desk was very accommodating and made sure we had everything we needed. The free wifi worked fine and I have no reservations about recommending this hotel to those passing through.

Also, the location was convenient to a trip to Breaks State Park.

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank kc-bug
Reviewed 27 July 2012

Comfort Inn should use this hotel as a trainning center. Folks were nice, rooms were clean and comfortable. Yes some things were a couple years dated, but I rather watch a tube TV in a clean room, than a flat screen in a not sure if clean room. If you don't like this hotel then you better keep your butt at home. Bellacino's resturant next door was very good and resonally price. Would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank IBSANC
Belmont, North Carolina
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Rooms are clean but tight. Noisy due to work on future road so can hear them 24/7. I turned tv up and helped hide the noise. Best hotel in area.Rooms did smell musty but I always carry air freshner with me so once sprayed through out room and into curtains, was tolerable.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank ChrissysBluMoon
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 6 March 2012

Even though This Comfort Inn is the only game in town, THEY go all the way to make you at home. IF there is another location to stay in Grundy, I would not look. This Comfort Inn has all you will need int his area. CLEAN and friendly... A bit of updating would be all they need for a solid 5 , BUT for this area YOU WILL NOT BEAT THEM~!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Wylie
Reviewed 31 October 2011

We stay at this hotel whenever we are in the area. Their rooms are spacious and always impeccably clean.
Everyone there is really nice and the breakfast is good. Textile artists will want to check out the wall hangings in the lobby: they are beautiful.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank BethanyLeah
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed 22 October 2011

I stayed here a couple of years ago for the first time and was very surprised in such a good way. I returned this year and found that everything that made my stay such a good one was still there. Clerks were still friendly. Room was impeccably clean. At night I even had a view of the lighted sign of the new Walmart. I know, most wouldn't care about that, but the people in Grundy and surrounding areas are greatful to have such a large modern facility in which to shop. And I am happy for them and the sign is a sign of new times in this small mountain town. Comfort Inn and their staff delivers again. I hope I find a reason to return to this area again and if I do find myself in this land of mountains, mornin' fog and gracious country folk, I know the Comfort Inn will be there to take perfect care of my lodging needs.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Spellingchamp76
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grundy
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Clintwood
Super 8 Richlands/Claypool Hill Area
Holiday Inn Express Claypool Hill

Been to Comfort Inn Grundy? Share your experiences!