“Provides a warm cozy place to stay in the winter”
Review of Comfort Inn Grundy

Comfort Inn Grundy
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Grundy
Reviewed 2 March 2013

Guest services are helpful, very nice. Provides a warm cozy place to stay in the winter in the coal mining town of Grundy, Va. Lobby is warm and cozy and welcoming, especially coming from the cold outside. Im not sure why it says it's on Riverside Drive. It is on Waterfront rd, which you'd have to turn into from Riverside. 2 minutes drive from Grundy Walmart.

Room Tip: On the 3rd floor, the room location are actually opposite of what the sign says as you step out of t...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank avidtraveler2010
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at Comfort Inn Grundy, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2013

Thank you for your positive comments concerning your recent visit to the Comfort Inn.
I am pleased you found the hotel and staff to be warm and welcoming. We strive to make each guest feel as though they were at home.
The State Government is in the process of doing a major change in some of the roads and as a result, our road name was changed but is being changed back to Riverside Drive. The new signs have been ordered by the State but have not been erected yet.
Thanks again and we hope we can serve your lodging needs in the future.
Gary Purvis
VP of Operations
Dominion Lodging, Inc.

Reviewed 20 October 2012

I had some business with assorted McDowell County schools for a few days and was looking for a name brand hotel somewhere within an hour's driving distance and this hotel was pretty much it. They take pride in the service and cleanliness and my king room was nicely appointed with fridge and microwave, wifi and assorted extras. As a tea drinker and not a coffee person I was especially pleased to see both regular and decaf tea in the room with the little coffemaker. The cleaning staff did a great job, even bundling up the cords on my hair dryer (one comes w the room but I like to bring my home) and other small touches like a rubber ducky in the shower. I'd stay here again if I were traveling through again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank mrsdbrown1
Reviewed 4 September 2012

I made a reservation for a non smoking room 2 days in advance, but when I arrived, the clerk told me that the room had been closed. Whatever that means. There was no apology, and no phone call to let me know. She offered me a smoking room on the top floor and I had no choice but to accept, because no other hotels in the area had vacancies. When I got into my room the cigarette smell was overwhelming of course, but when I picked up the phone to request the wifi code that should have been included with my key, two roaches ran out from underneath the phone. I picked up my bags, got my money back, and slept in the car in the walmart parking lot. I was very dissapointed and was completely ignored y Comfort Inn's customer service.

I don't understand the platinum rating and all of the positive reviews. My experience was so bad that I couldn't even make it through a single night.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Roy J
Reviewed 20 August 2012

We were passing through the area and trying to decide to stay in Claypool Hill or Grundy. We called this Comfort Inn and they were very nice and held two rooms for us for about an hour without a credit card! The rooms were very clean and the staff were all super nice. True, as other reviewers have noted, the hotel is a bit dated (wallpaper, etc.), but the important things like cleanliness and safety are all there. Folks don't go to Grundy for a luxury vacation lol! The girl at the front desk was very accommodating and made sure we had everything we needed. The free wifi worked fine and I have no reservations about recommending this hotel to those passing through.

Also, the location was convenient to a trip to Breaks State Park.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank kc-bug
Reviewed 27 July 2012

Comfort Inn should use this hotel as a trainning center. Folks were nice, rooms were clean and comfortable. Yes some things were a couple years dated, but I rather watch a tube TV in a clean room, than a flat screen in a not sure if clean room. If you don't like this hotel then you better keep your butt at home. Bellacino's resturant next door was very good and resonally price. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank IBSANC
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Rooms are clean but tight. Noisy due to work on future road so can hear them 24/7. I turned tv up and helped hide the noise. Best hotel in area.Rooms did smell musty but I always carry air freshner with me so once sprayed through out room and into curtains, was tolerable.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank ChrissysBluMoon
Reviewed 6 March 2012

Even though This Comfort Inn is the only game in town, THEY go all the way to make you at home. IF there is another location to stay in Grundy, I would not look. This Comfort Inn has all you will need int his area. CLEAN and friendly... A bit of updating would be all they need for a solid 5 , BUT for this area YOU WILL NOT BEAT THEM~!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Been to Comfort Inn Grundy? Share your experiences!