“Great Service” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #19 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
Elizabeth City, North Carolina
“Great Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

My wife and I stayed here Saturday night June 7. I was greeted with a most helpful desk clerk and also received excellent service at the checkout. The staff who managed the "hot continental breakfast" were most courteous. The business Center was not open and does not have a printer but the staff printed something I needed from my Zip drive.

The location is great and everything was clean although some of the amenities were slightly dated. Good service, good value at a great location.

Room Tip: First floor rooms are very convenient to entrance and exit.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hotel1809Mercury, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn Near Hampton Coliseum, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Good morning! Thank you so much Myron for reviewing us on TripAdvisor!
I appreciate your feedback and we're always glad to be of service. We are working on those improvements as we speak. Hopefully, we will see changes in the near future.

It was great having you stay with us and it was a pleasure to meet you. Have a wonderful day!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

Stayed here 4 nights. I felt something biting me and found two ticks on me. Room overlooking pool on 240's side is very dark.No light comes in from pool area. Breakfast was a plus as well as location.

Room Tip: Don't stay in rooms on 240 side facing pool. No daylight. Room dark.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Hotel1809Mercury, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn Near Hampton Coliseum, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Trotter1300,

Thank you for writing a review about your stay with us.

I want to apologize if you encountered any issues while staying with us. We advise all of our guests to inform our staff immediately of any questions, concerns, or issues so we can address the situation as quickly and effectively as possible. Your review has been shared with our management staff. We have not received any reports of bugs/insects in or around room 240 but we take issues like these very seriously and the room and surrounding rooms will be treated for such.

Thank you again for sharing with us and we hope you'll consider giving us a second chance.
Fredericksburg, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

I waited for almost 10 minutes to check in because only two gentleman working front desk. In those 10 minutes two people came back down saying their keys did not work. Well my key stopped working when I came back in for the night. The door hatch would hit every time you would open the door and actually had to put your fingers in the door to push it back so you could close the door and hope that you would be able to get back in. The restroom was very small you had to close the door in order to get in the shower or use the toilet. The bed was very hard and uncomfortable. The hotel may be called "Clarion Inn" but it is still looks like a dingy quality inn!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Jane R
Hotel1809Mercury, Sales & Guest Services Manager at Quality Inn Near Hampton Coliseum, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Jane R,

I would like to apologize for any inconvenience you may have encountered while staying with Clarion Inn & Suites. Our check-in process should take between 3-5 minutes depending on the situation. However, there will be rare occasions where a check-in can take longer than expected due to a variety of reasons such as a guest being under the age of 21 or an insufficent method of payment. The keycards have a magnetic stripe that can be disturbed by cellphones, car keys, or even static electricity which interferes with the reader in the door lock making the door unable to unlock itself. We advise and appreciate when our guests do inform our staff of any questions, concerns, or issues so we can address these issues when they happen. Our property is currently looking into making improvements so we can better meet our guests wants and needs.

Thank you Jane R for taking the time to share your experience with us and thank you for choosing to stay at Clarion Inn & Suites for your recent visit to Hampton, VA.
Garden City Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

Everything was good up to when I found a tick on the back of my leg. Manager said there was not anything he could do. If you stay here, bring some tick, and flea killer to spray in the room.. also, the television is out of date, BIG BACK, so the he channels look terrible.. leg on my couch is broken, but they are still using it, clock does not show the time.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank HotelPicPolice
Hotel1809Mercury, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Near Hampton Coliseum, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear HotelPicPolice,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review regarding your recent stay with us. I would like to apologize for failing to meet your expectations. Our hotel has not had any problems with ticks, it is possible the tick may have come from outside of the hotel. Our hotel is treated by Orkin on a regular basis and all rooms that have had pets are treated after check-out with a thorough deep-clean.

Our hotel is currently looking for ways to make improvements and with all our guests feedback we will certainly make improvements that will better accommodate our guests.

Thank you, and have a wonderful day!
Richmond, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

I have to agree with the below review. We stayed here without reading the reviews.The biggest complaints that I had with the room was the cheesy decor, big bumpy old age television, pathetic furniture and the smokey stench like someone was smoking in the room. The beds were also extremely hard to sleep on. I walk into the bathroom, shut the door, and notice something on the floor over by the wall. I walk over to the spot and realize that there were two dead bugs!! Thank God, we only stayed there for a few hours than left because we could not sleep. I can't warn people enough to stay away from this place. It looks nice on the outside but don't let it fool you.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Brenda W
Thank you Brenda W for taking the time to review our property. On behalf of our entire staff, I would like to sincerely apologize that we failed to meet your expectations. Your review will definitely help in addressing the areas that need improvement.

Thank you again Brenda W, have a wonderful day!
Warrenton, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

Where do I start? The hotel is old and run down on the outside and inside. I chose the hotel because they were NOT on bedbugregistry.com They first tried to put me by the elevator. I inspected the room for bedbugs, and found no evidence, but did not want to hear the elevator all night. Asked for another room. Key would not work. Got staff to room, opened it, and saw a HUGE, at least 3" long dead cockroach on the bathroom floor. Immediately asked for and received a refund. The staff was helpful and accommodating ..... but the hotel is very sorry.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!!!!!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Kathi E
Thank you Kathi E for sharing your review.

I would like to apologize for the incidents you encountered during your brief visit. I'm glad to hear that our staff was able to help you. I appreciate you giving the time to submit your honest feedback with us.
Vallejo, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

First off the dining hall is beautiful but that does not make up for the rooms completely outdated doors hardly work I had to try multiple time just to unlock it then the lock on the inside had a screw missing and was just hanging off of the door I also witnessed the GM screaming at an employee in plain view totally unprofessional and uncalled for the GM is also very rude. Will never stay again, deffinately needs New management I feel sorry for the employees

• Stayed January 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Hotel1809Mercury, Sales & Guest Services Manager at Quality Inn Near Hampton Coliseum, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear USNBreeden,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. On behalf of Clarion Inn, I want to apologize that you had an unpleasant stay. There will be instances where keycards will be damaged due to be next to magnets that are in cell phones and car keys or by static electricity which causes the key to be unreadable. However, I do understand that this can become frustrating when a guest will have to have keycards reissued. Our maintenance department has read your feedback and are actively looking for new ways to handle similar situations in the future. Once again, I would like to apologize and I hope you'll consider giving us another chance in the future.