“If you care about cleanliness and safety stay elsewhere...”

Ambassador Inn & Suites
Ranked #21 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
Reviewed 16 January 2014

The woman at the front desk was friendly but it was unfortunately all downhill from there. Sometimes online reviews are inaccurate and this was one of them. Outside access to rooms with exterior hallways that were poorly lit. We were told by a local we spoke to later that they recently lost their LaQuinta association. Several strange people just sort of hanging around in the parking lot at night. People emerging from the nearby construction site after dark. It advertised "extended stay" on the sign outside which can lead to interesting clientele. The room smelled of smoke. The shower had paint around the tub (I hope that was paint!).

The final straw was coming back from dinner to find several police cruisers parked at the front entrance. At that point we decided it was best to eat the cost the hotel and find somewhere else to stay for the night. I can't imagine I would have slept if we had decided to stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Chris C
swati b, Guest Relations Manager at Ambassador Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear Chris C

We received your comments regarding your dissatisfaction with your recent stay with us at the Ambassador inn and Suites. Let me begin by offering you my sincerest apologies for the problems you encountered during your stay with us. We just recently purchased the hotel, and are in the process of a complete renovation of the entire property. We are certain that you will be pleased with the results of the renovation, and would like to strongly encourage you to stay with us again once the renovation is complete. It has always been our goal to provide our guests with superior accommodations and service, and I am truly sorry that we failed achieve that during your stay. Thank you for your feedback, and again, please consider us again should your travels bring you back to Hampton.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

This hotel was in one of the worst conditions I have seen in a long while. The lobby is under construction. My non-smoking room smelled like smoke and had an ashtray in it. The carpet was dirty and the bathrooms looked moldy. I travelled with 3 other colleagues and their rooms were in similar condition. We did not stay overnight because the rooms were so bad. Went to a much better hotel - the Holiday Inn Express. The good Trip Advisor reviews about the Ambassador are suspect.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank dglarrow
swati b, Manager at Ambassador Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

I would like to this time to apologize for your mishaps here.We recently purchased the hotel and we are undergoing remodeling, we are doing our remodleing in the lobby at night to avoid the inconvenience of breakfast for our guest. I assure you this is not a on going thing.We are trying to upgrade hotel in a timely manner without distrubing our guest.I wish to offer you my deepest apology. And would love for you to return once our remodeling is done.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

I stayed here for two nights and enjoyed my stay. The hotel is clean and the staff is nice. For the price I paid, the value is great. The area the hotel is in is a little noisy but felt safe at night. I would recommend this hotel to my friends and would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Kyle2007
swati b, Director of Sales at Ambassador Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Its so nice to know our staff is doing a wonderful job we encourage all are staff memebers to interact with the guest and to meet all there needs. we are undergoing lots of remodeling at this time and are just so excited with all the upgrades we are doing. very pleased your stay with us was great. we look forward to seeing you in the future. and thank you so much for such a wonderful review i will be sure to pass it on to the staff members its great encouragement for them to here that all there hard work isnt going unoticed. thank you so much

Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

The rooms were bigger then I expected and very clean. The staff was very courteous and helpful. We stopped there on a whim and are inclined to go back to stay. The area is excellent with plenty of restaurants and activities for couples and families.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review. As you seen when you where here we are undergoing alot of remodeling. We cant wait for you to come back to see the improvements we are making. We want you and all our guest to feel at home when staying with us. If there is anything we can do to improve your stay with us please just let us know we are more then happy to accomdate all your needs.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

My stay at the Ambassador Inn &Suites was very fulfilling. The showers was hot, the beds are soft and comfortable. My room was sizable. This was a very good place to stay. It was clean, well stocked and the staff is so friendly it felt like home.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank April M
swati b, Manager at Ambassador Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Dear April I just want to take this time to thank you for writting such a wonderful review.We try our best to make our hotel like home to all. We have a wonderful warm loving staff here,who enjoy being here and making our hotel your. We look forward to serving all your needs in the furture n present. Thank you

Reviewed 3 November 2013

I been here when it was La Quinta and the staff was horrible, the rooms were nasty, but the new owers have turned it around for the best, housekeeping is on top of it, and the front desks workers are so kind and helpful, way'd it do a great 180 turn on making it a nice place once again! I will for sure be coming back

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
swati b, Manager at Ambassador Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to do your review. We have alot of nice plans for the up coming remodeling. We have started the painting and a few little other upgrades.We do try to keep our guest happy,we are a family runned hotel and want each and everyone of guest to be part of our family. Thank you so much for your input and wonderful review. We look forward in meeting all your needs in the furture.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

it was my first time at the hotel in Hampton and I was really please with the services of the staff at this hotel , they made me feel like home and I was glad to stay here, I will stay at this hotel as long as I come to Hampton ,va

Room Tip: room near the office
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
swati b, Manager at Ambassador Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review.Its always nice to hear the good things .our staff works very hard trying to keep the hotel up to our guest standards. We look forward to serving you in the furture