“Happy”

Ranked #21 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
Gambrills, Maryland
“Happy”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I HIGHLY suggest Ambassador Inn. I was looking for 2 beds for 2 people non smoking and this popped up, had good reviews and location was perfect. I am used to a water bed and this was not board hard nor soft, Just right! Older bathroom but in great working order. A new TV, 2 chairs and a table. We only needed a room and bath and a plus was an easy to grab breakfast. Karen looked for a room nearest the elevator because I had my 86 year old mom with me. She was pleased with the arrangements. The hotel was located just off 64 which was perfect for us.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
swati b, Guest Relations Manager at Ambassador Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review. As you seen when you where here we are undergoing a lot of remodeling. We cant wait for you to come back to see the improvements we are making. We want you and all our guest to feel at home when staying with us. If there is anything we can do to improve your stay with us please just let us know we are more then happy to accomodate all your needs.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Ridgeway, Virginia
Reviewed 6 April 2014

My husband and I were in Hampton on 4-5-2014 and had booked a room here due to the fact that they accept pets. We have never seen such a filthy room EVER! Everything in this room was dirty. All the table tops were filthy with sticky gunk and crumbs on them. The carpet looked as if it had never been cleaned or vacuumed. There was some sort of milky looking substance all the way down the side of the refrigerator, The beds were HORRIFIC. We pulled the mattress down and there was so much dirt, bugs, crumbs and HAIR it was sickening. I lifted the phone receiver to call the office to complain and there was sticky black grime all over the phone and a "short" hair and crumbs stuck to it. The walls were filthy , there was dirt, hair, trash in the corners of the door jam and room.
We took pictures to hopefully help us get our money back from the company we booked this room with and went to the office and told them about what we found. They acknowledged that they knew the place" was not in the best shape" due to just purchasing it. To say the place "was not in the best shape" was putting it mildly. We got our Pet Deposit back and left. I had to laugh to think that we had to pay a "pee fee" in a room as nasty and dirty as this one.
PLEASE DO YOURSELF AND FAVOR AND DO NOT STAY HERE !!!!!!!

Room Tip: DO NOT STAY HERE ...if you like( and feel you deserve) a clean room !! We cannot stress just how nas...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Steve B
Dear K L,

We received your comments regarding your dissatisfaction with your recent stay with us at the Ambassador inn and Suites. Let me begin by offering you my sincerest apologies for the problems you encountered during your stay with us. We just recently purchased the hotel, and are in the process of a complete renovation of the entire property. We are certain that you will be pleased with the results of the renovation, and would like to strongly encourage you to stay with us again once the renovation is complete. It has always been our goal to provide our guests with superior accommodations and service, and I am truly sorry that we failed achieve that during your stay. Thank you for your feedback, and again, please consider us again should your travels bring you back to Hampton.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 March 2014

On a recent trip to visit with our son we booked a room for the weekend based on the pictures and the review "home away from home". The only remodeling they need to do is close it down. The rooms were dirty and gross, too bad we had already paid and I didn't want to lose our money. Never again will I go by pictures and reviews, I'll stick to the hotel chains we know.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention, we have recently purchased the hotel from la quinta. i just to assure that all your concerns have not gone attended.We are remodeling the hotel ,upgrading to higher standards to make the hotel a safe an happy place for all are guest to be comfortable. we do apologize for any mishaps you had during your stay. We do hope you look into staying with us in the future to see the changes we are making,and assure your stay will be pleasant as possibly can be. Thank you for your concerns,and inputs.
Hampton, Virginia
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I visited this hotel on my trip to Hampton Va and my experience with this stay was by far one of the best I have had in a long while. I travel for work so I am always in and out of hotels and this is one I will continue to check in to. The staff is amazing. Very friendly and make you feel like you are at home. The rates nightly and weekly are very reasonable. The rooms are cleaned thoroughly. The beds are by far more comfortable than most places. Lastly the location is perfect you have plenty of choices of things to do and places to eat when you stay here, including the breakfast they provide in the morning to get you started with your day.

• Stayed March 2014
swati b, Front Office Manager at Ambassador Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Thank your for your kind comments. We are extremely pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and would like to encourage you to come stay with us again, once our renovations are complete. We are excited about all the changes taking place, and know that you will be too!!

Once again, Thank You!!!
Hampton, Virginia
Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

Nice size room... comfortable bedding. .. perfect for an overnight business trip... The clerk at the front desk was extremely helpful. .. I would stay there again.. haven't seen what the suite looks like but I had a comfortable stay in the single room...

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Bodega34
Its so nice to know our staff is doing a wonderful job we encourage all are staff members to interact with the guest and to meet all there needs. we are undergoing lots of remodeling at this time and are just so excited with all the upgrades we are doing. very pleased your stay with us was great. we look forward to seeing you in the future. and thank you so much for such a wonderful review i will be sure to pass it on to the staff members its great encouragement for them to here that all there hard work isn't going unnoticed. thank you so much
Maywood, New Jersey
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Nice friendly place to stay with a warm atmosphere. Good value for the price I paid and quite comforting to know there some hotels which still offer you things that they advertise. I am not sure about the negative reviews mentioned here, my experience was quite pleasant.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Natalie S
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 16 January 2014

The woman at the front desk was friendly but it was unfortunately all downhill from there. Sometimes online reviews are inaccurate and this was one of them. Outside access to rooms with exterior hallways that were poorly lit. We were told by a local we spoke to later that they recently lost their LaQuinta association. Several strange people just sort of hanging around in the parking lot at night. People emerging from the nearby construction site after dark. It advertised "extended stay" on the sign outside which can lead to interesting clientele. The room smelled of smoke. The shower had paint around the tub (I hope that was paint!).

The final straw was coming back from dinner to find several police cruisers parked at the front entrance. At that point we decided it was best to eat the cost the hotel and find somewhere else to stay for the night. I can't imagine I would have slept if we had decided to stay.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business