“The Updates here....are well”

Holiday Inn Express Hampton Coliseum Central
Ranked #4 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
hpt
“The Updates here....are well”
Reviewed 4 January 2014

in a nutshell, they are WONDERFUL. It sits on what was the "old" Holiday Inn. My family selected this spot based on other online reviews and its proximity to other Hpt things. It is right off of I-64 (Mercury Blvd exit). A Hooters is less than a block away, there are TWO walmarts on this street and about ANY other store you can think of. The AF base, is a short 7min drive away. I felt safe here. The side door has a keycard that you need to wave about.....that kinda was a "new" concept for the older ones in our group to process. The gym area, the IT area, and pool were all well lit, clean, and never that crowded. The breakfast is typical fare....the rooms were furnished nicely, and the beds slept well.

Each staff member we encountered was helpful and informative on local places to go. We tried a place up the street called Tommy's....( a local I-hop sorta place). We would stay here again, IF in this area.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I spend months of the year on the road, and there were a lot of good aspects to this hotel. The beds were comfortable, the towels were large and fluffy, plenty of storage, and they had a good sized desk for computer work. The breakfast was really good as well.

We had problems with our toilet continuing to run after it was flushed. The staff tried 4 separate times to fix the problem with no luck. I will admit they offered to move us to a new room, but when you travel with as much stuff as a I do, changing rooms can be very time consuming. So we chose just to deal with it, and when it would start running on its own in the middle of the night and wake us up, we would just go jiggle the handle to make it stop.

The hotel has been nicely remodeled except for one place. The elevators are old, and don't always work correctly. Sometimes you have to push the button several times to get the doors to close and for it to go up to your floor.

The one thing that occurred that really bothered me was how the light would go off in the lobby bathroom in under 30 seconds, and you were stuck feeling your way around trying to find the door handle. I asked three separate times to have that fixed, and it wasn't actually done until I filed a complaint with the fire marshal because of the danger it posed.

The brightest part of the stay was the great hospitality we got from Harmony, Darrell, and Nellie. They are incredible employees, and really make you feel at home the minute you walk in the hotel.

I used Hotwire and got a rate of $55 per night for a 12 day stay, so it was definitely worth the money. I would never pay their advertised rate, because it certainly is not an $89 a night hotel.

Room Tip: Stay away from the rooms close to the elevators. There is a lot of traffic, and the bells on the el...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Donna F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hampton Coliseum Central, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Thank you for providing us with your feedback during your recent visit with us. Our associates work extremely hard to ensure that your stay exceeds your expectations. We appreciate your acknowledging their efforts despite the problems that you incurred during you stay. We do apologize for the discomfort you experienced and we want to assure you that your concerns have been addressed. Your comfort and safety is very important to us and we assure you that we are in compliant with all safety regulations. It is our desire that you give us another opportunity to demonstrate our commitment to your complete satisfaction. We look forward to your next visit.

Thanks
Jersey Shore, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 November 2013

My stay was enjoyable from the time I stepped in the doors until I left! EVERYONE was more than helpful with any questions I had and I will most definetly be staying there again!!! The staff was extremely friendly and we even had a great time teasing each other about our NFL teams! I will be bringing my daughter with me next time I come down and I know she will be as impressed with everyone just like I am!! Thank you so much to everyone who works there!!! JOB WELL DONE!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 November 2013

This hotel is very much update. We stayed in a double queen bedroom decent size hotel room for a family of four. We have 2 toddlers and they very much enjoyed the FREE breakfast (mom and did too!) cool machine that makes fresh pancakes, they have a mini fridge with milks and yogurt, tea and cereals.

Beautiful hotel only downside is that the bathroom is kind of small but as long as you're not planning on moving in, you should be fine!

enjoy your stay and book with confidence

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Raleigh
Reviewed 7 November 2013

The place was excellent. the beds comfortable, shower had great pressure, air conditioning would run you out of the room but it also warmed up nicely. microwave worked well, refrigerator so cold it froze my soda which I love. friendly staff all the way around. everyone was helpful and proactive asking if there was anything they could do to make our stay better. now to mention we were at an anime convention so there were people in all sorts of costumes and we were still made to feel right at home. next years convention I know where we'll be. the breakfast was awesome they may have needed just a few more seats although I don't know where they would put them, that it was so packed for breakfast shows that the food was excellent.

Room Tip: higher rooms have a better view.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Newport News, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 3 November 2013

me and my friend stay this last weekend and we were treated so well this is where we are going to stay on our furture vacation the staff in the morning was so awesome felt like i was at home food was great and the rooms are great and very roomy and the bed were so nice.

Room Tip: rooms on the 3rd floor was so quite
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Michael L
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We were in Hampton for a weekend of concerts at the Coliseum, and we had a great stay at the Holiday Inn Express. It may not be the closest hotel to the Coliseum but it's an easy walk, and the hotel is a quick jog across the highway from the Town Center with a Target and a food decent bar/restaurants.

The hotel was nearly full that weekend but the staff was always courtesy, helpful and polite. The lobby and corridors were clean and looked new, and we checked into a clean, well-sized room with two full beds as we'd requested, and a spacious bathroom that was nicer than it needed to be. The bed was comfy and came with both 'soft' and 'firm' pillows -- the "firm" one wasn't really all that firm but it's great to have options. The coffee in the lobby was often out, but they were good about quickly bringing out more coffee when informed (and I'd rather wait a few moments for a new pot anyway).

I originally booked the Holiday Inn Express because it offered fair prices and got the best reviews and I would agree: they provided a clean, comfortable room and a pleasant stay at a good price, and I'd look to stay there again should my favorite band play another weekend in Hampton.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends