“Nice place to stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
Falling Waters, West Virginia
“Nice place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

We stayed here for a basketball tournament. The hotel was very nice and clean.
I was a little disappointed at the room assignments though. The team reserved 5 rooms in advance for about 15 people but they put us in rooms that had king size beda and small sofa beds instead of a room with 2 doubles. This made for cramped living quarters for the players.
Other than that, the breakfast was great EVERY morning and the pool was enjoyable. Also, the hotel was very close to the shopping area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Tamworth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

I had booked in to the hotel for three nights when I was in the area on business. The hotel is in a great location, just off I64 and next to Hampton Colosseum and the recently redeveloped shopping area.

When I made my booking I put in the comments 'Can I please have a room on a high floor?'. However, when I checked in I was given a room on the ground floor. When I queried this I was told that there was a group of youth sports teams coming in over the weekend and they had been allocated the top floors to keep the noise away from the other guests.

They gave me two bottles of water (which they call refreshments) for being PC Platinum.

When I entered my ground floor room I found it also had an interconnecting door to the room next door, where the occupants had the TV on very loudly and kept on having visitors knocking at their door. I put up with the noise for the first night but checked out in the morning and went to another hotel as I'd had little sleep.

If I could have been given a quiet room, then I would have enjoyed my stay here, but unfortunately with the room I was given it was just not possible.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor, if they don't have one when you check in, then you might want to...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Doug_1970
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hampton Coliseum Central, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Doug_1970,

Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Platinum member and for leaving us a feedback about your stay. I am delighted to know that you found our location convenient. However, we apologize for the noise which has negatively impacted your stay with us. The review we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

Despite your disappointment, we do hope you will return to stay with us again at some future date when you can be assured of our very best attention.

Charisse V.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Palm Coast, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Location, location, location. Next to I-64 exit ramps, surrounded by numerous places to eat. Next to tons of shopping as well. The staff was relaxed and friendly. The rooms were very clean. The free breakfast offered the usual fare which was attended to continually. This Inn really has it all. I recommend it!

Room Tip: As usual, we asked for a room away from the elevators and that's what we received.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Newport News, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

On the day before our wedding, my guests had arrived at this hotel checking in to room I had reserved under a group block. I heard from numerous family members that there was a sign a the front desk saying" WELCOME (BRIDE'S NAME/GROOM'S NAME)WEDDING, CONGRADULATIONS. that is just one example on the personal attention the staff gives to there guest. Darryl, Charles, and Harmony made my family feel welcome and valued. After our wedding reception we returned to the hotel and was greeted by the General Manager. We gave her and the front desk crew cake from our reception. The sales staff was professional from start to finish. They were not just out to sell room and take our money. They showed a personal investment to the success of our event. We were given to generous group rate and were offered a free room for me and my new wife. This hotel is right across the street from target, barnes and noble, JCpenney, and buffalo wild wings. Book this hotel for your next meeting or family event.

Room Tip: For weddings, talk to sales early to get the best rates.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

This hotel provided a very quiet room. The bed was comfortable--the room was clean and had a small refrigerator and microwave. The buffet breakfast was included in our room fee and was adequate but uninspiring. All the staff were professional and friendly. The entrance to the parking lot is very close to the interstate 64 off ramp. There is access to the hotel from Coliseum drive--which we found safer than the Mercury Blvd access (which is a very busy 4 to 5 lane road)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
BRANFORD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

HIE underbid Hilton Garden Inn to win our company contract. After 2yrs..We had to switch to this new location-26hour layover, once a week. Well, the manager AND the location turned out to be a pleasant surprise.. A welcoming smile, handshake and expedient check-in from MS. FRAZIER (manager)and her staff soon helped to dismiss my anxiety. The room (304) small but neat...clean and inviting offered a large firm mattress and a welcome package: 1 bottle water 2 eight ounce canned sodas, granola bar, barbecue chips and a large royal blue lidded keepsake thermos cup....HUH???
IVE been in the travel industry 25 yrs...stayed in lots of chains....No hotel chain gives a welcoming package luke THAT. Carpets..immaculate...towels..soft..hot water...Hot....huh?? To top it
off...breakfast at 6:30..comp...for 3 hours!!! Ive stayed in bigger rooms...better soap and shampoo..with 24hr room service...but never..EVER have I been so equally impressed by customer service...accomodations and comp breakfast...BEST VALUE FOR YOUR BUCK. ..HILTON GARDEN INN WHO????

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Warrenton, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

I chose the Holiday Inn Express as emergency accommodations when my experience at the Clarion next door was totally unacceptable. The staff was friendly, professional and helpful. The hotel is relatively new, and CLEAN. Rooms are well organized and have NO evidence of bedbugs. The bathroom is a bit small, and has a corner vanity with not much room. Breakfast buffet is average. Free Wi-Fi. Beds are comfortable. It is across the street from a new mall with many restaurants. I echo previous comments about getting to the hotel -- but my gps took me right to it after my business day. Every employee I met went out of their way to help me.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business