“Hampton Vacation”
Review of Days Inn Hampton

Days Inn Hampton
Ranked #18 of 26 Hotels in Hampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 4 June 2014

This room served its purpose but I won't stay here again. We needed a room for one night for a gymnastics meet. There are other hotels in the area but I didn't want to spend a lot of money and I've had pretty good luck with Days Inn in the past. This place was supposed to be renovated recently but perhaps I miss read that. We had a really late arrival. Probably good because I would have questioned my need to stay there if my kids and I weren't so tired. The room was clean. The bathroom was clean but there wasn't a lot of thought to the proper care of the room. The door was very scratched. The bathroom door didn't close all the way. The fan made a loud sound. I reserved a room with two double beds and got a king. The breakfast was truly the continental breakfast from days past. Very simple. and not that tasty. The front desk called me at 130am to tell me they entered my credit card wrong and needed a new number. I would think that would wait until the next morning. I just wasn't comfortable in this room. All the little things just gave me a bad impression. It was a room. It was relatively clean, it was cheap. I don't require a lot in a room but this was not a place I will return to next year.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I made my initial reservation over the phone. The front desk concierge, LaMonica, was thoughtful and polite. When we arrived, she gave us excellent service! I was very impressed! It was nice, especially in this day and age to put a face to a name. The hotel staff was excellent and very pleasant! For the price we paid, the service was over the top! The breakfast wasn't that great, but the kids loved it, so that was fine by me! We came with a basketball team of boys, so the complimentary breakfast was a definite plus! I would recommend it. The rooms were clean and the service was prompt. I thank you, LaMonica! :)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family