“OMG...what a dump”
Review of Days Inn Hampton

Days Inn Hampton
Ranked #19 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Weekend Jazz Festival in town (June 27 - 29) and it was the only place available with rooms. I know why now. Yes, staff was pleasant. But I am attaching a picture of the curtains from inside of my room.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
dihva, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Hampton, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Thank your for taking the time to review our hotel. We are disappointed to hear that you did not have an exceptional stay with us. We will work harder in our efforts to improve the hotel to make sure that every guest has a satisfactoy stay. We again thank you for your review and hope the you will give us a second chance in the future.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
dihva, Manager at Days Inn Hampton, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Reviewed 31 July 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Reviewed 28 July 2014

I book 6 nights was there on business. I'm not complaining about the trash, beer cans etc in parking lot and side walks.. that goes with a 2 star/cheap room. My complaint is that 4 of the 6 nights their were fights in the parking lots, people beating on doors trying to get in at 1:30am, one night the cops showed up because of a fight and 1 night someone beats on my door at 2 am looking for some else to fight. I'm an adult male and I felt a little intimidated, I am so glad my wife and children weren't with me, I would have feared for they're safety. This is the 1st bad review I have ever gave and I travel approx. 7 to 10 days a month staying at motels all over the country. I want the word out about this place. DO NOT STAY THERE!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Billy O

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback about your stay at our hotel. We are so sorry for your inconvenience and the issues that occured during your stay. We are continuously striving to make sure that every guest is allowed a comfortable, safe, and enjoyable stay. Based on your review, we will work harder to make sure that this happens. Thank you again for your time and we hope you give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Frist of all the web site pitcure is not correct. The front desk staff was ruined , and when we got to our room the bed was not keep propely, the furniture was old and out dated and the tv pitcure was not good. The dresser was broken. The room had a smell, and the drive way had pot holes.I would not stay here every. !!!!!!!! Would not recordmend this hotel to anyone.
We were so disapointment we left a day early.

Room Tip: Don't belive what you see on the website.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you taking the time to review our hotel. We want to apologize and show our concern that you did not have an expectional stay which is what we strive to provide for all of our guest. We would like you to know that the issues outlined in your review will be taken into high concern and address immediately. Thank you for your time and we hope that you give us a second chance in the future.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

First off, if you like a nice pool and a decent breakfast they had it. This hotel taught me to loosen up on my frugal ways next trip. The carpet was like indoor/outdoor and in horrible shape.
Although everything was very dated in the room, it did smell fresh. If you like sleeping on ancient mattresses,old tvs, and looking at people walk buy from the bottom of the drapes, then this might be the place for you. We had a safe with no key, and was initially charged a "security fee". Hello?! New keys "on order"? The biggest problem was no hot water in the shower-4 nights . No apologies/nothing. I Did not demand money off bill, but would not stay here again. Good eats and Walmart were all close by but I did not feel very safe in the area. I would not stay here if making daily trips to Atlantic beaches due to rush hour/tunnel traffic. Horrific everyday. Best feature was the spotless pool and ok breakfast. Breakfast was highly supervised for food going out the door and deadbeats from other hotels trying get a freebie. The manager was accommodative but definitely not overly friendly. Good luck if you stay here, but don't count on a hot shower. You might get one, but I wasn't so lucky(x4). Don't stand for their "security fee", no safe key and no security presence in 4 days.

Room Tip: Tip-book a room at another hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

The pictures that are on the site and other travel sites are so blatantly misleading that I wonder if it was the same hotel.

I would rate this hotel in my 5 worst if it wasn't that I ended up not staying. A drug deal happened around the corner from my room, my partner was propositioned by a sex worker, and loud music was blasting from passing cars. We traveled with 3 teenage girls and we knew we would not be safe - so we left.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family