“Crown Plaza Hampton Marina Gets Two Thumbs Down”

Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina
Ranked #9 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
Glenn Heights, Texas
“Crown Plaza Hampton Marina Gets Two Thumbs Down”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

The rooms smelled like mildew. The bathroom lights leaked with brown air conditioner fluid. The doors jammed;and the violation of the non-smoking policy ruined my Mother's Day and Commencement dinner.

Room Tip: Each room had its problems. The first room on the 5th floor smelled like mildew and mold. Moved to t...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Darla D
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Darla D,

Thank you and we hope you give us a chance to host you the next time you are in the area.

John O
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
West Virginia
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We stayed here at the beginning of May. The parking was free, which was a nice surprise, as I was expecting to pay. The staff were friendly and polite.
Our room was on the 4th floor and had a nice cozy feel to it. The views of the marina were really beautiful.

Room Tip: I recommend the 4th floor for the marina views
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Melvin N, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina, responded to this review, 8 November 2014
Thank you for choosing our hotel and writing a review of our hotel. It is appreciated.
We will be sure to share your comments with our staff here at the hotel. We wish you safe travels and we look forward to your next visit. Thanks again.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I am so pissed at the service of the front desk staff. Tonight I had a simple question about a rate to rent a room for a birthday party and FELICIA was extremely rude. She constantly rolled her eyes with a monotone voice say "I don't know" the only thing that comforted me was the girl who came out the back. I think she was eating but she took the time to come out to help and she looked me directly in my eyes and she looked very concerned and smiled. She apologize because I told her Felicia was very rude. The girl name was Opal or Oprah but she went to the back made a phone call and explained to me what I needed to know even with my attitude she happen to calm me from really spazing out on Felicia. That is the only reason I did not give u a lower grade because of Oprah or Opal. But I think Felicia should not work in customer service because she is very rude and not pleasant at all. Please do something about this!!!!!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Michaelmanagement200
GMofHamptonMarina, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
MichaelManagement,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. Our hotel is dedicated to customer service and I am sincerely sorry that Felicia didn't deliver superior customer service to you. I am glad to hear that Opal was able to assist you and I assure you Felicia's attitude is not representative of the level of service we give our customers. Once again please accept our sincerest apologies and we hope the Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina will be able to service you in the future.
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

I thought the staff was very professional. I checked in late,no problem. The heat wasn't working right in my room so I called the front desk in the morning. Maintenance was at my door within five minutes. After he checked it out he recommended that they move me to a different room. By the time I ate breakfast and checked back at the front desk, my new room was ready and they up graded me their largest suite. They didn't have to do that, I wasn't expecting it but they were extremely nice and professional. I'll be staying there again in about three weeks!

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for your review of our hotel and for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments regarding your stay with us. We appreciate your comments about our hotel . We will be sure to share your review with our staff. Thank you for choosing our hotel we wish you safe travels and look forward to your next visit.
Reviewed 6 April 2014

While affordable during the offseason, the hotels best feature is the marina view rooms. If you like to look at boats, water, & marina. This is a nice place and likely you could boat to it with the dock only steps away. Large adjacent parking garage is a nice feature. However, maintenance seems to have been forgotten. Our room had a cracked sink & loose makeup mirror pulling out from the wall. TV was not working properly, no sound. They must also put in the lowest wattage light bulbs. Room was dim due to this. The furniture and finishes were showning signs of wear, including stains on carpet. The one elevator platform frequenly stopped an inch or two above the floor level. Lobby seems to have received the only upkeep. Food was about average, no complaints there. The $12 breakfast was Ok. Note this time of year very few places to eat are nearby especially for breakfast.

Room Tip: choose marina view
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Cartrek
GMofHamptonMarina, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear Cartrek,

Thank you for writing a review regarding your most recent stay with us at the Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina. We agree the view from our hotel is fantastic and it gives customers a lasting impression of beautiful Hampton.
We would like to apologize that our maintenance failed to impress during your stay. It definitely is not our standards and we are so sorry you had so many troubles during your stay. This is not a typical type of stay we hear from our guests. We are sincerely sorry for these troubles and we do take pride in our rooms and their upkeep.
Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina. We hope to service you in the near future.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at this beautiful hotel Thursday night March 20, 2014. I was only there one night because I came in for a panel at Hampton University.

The hotel was very clean and right on the water which made me feel as if I were in the Caribbean which I love being for vacation. I will go back and stay for pleasure the time and very soon.

The hotel was very clean and filled with very friendly and professional staff as well as other guest.

I have nothing negative to say about this hotel at all. My room was very nice and super clean with a very nice comfortable bed. It is hard for me to sleep well on travel but the bed was close to home, huge and plush just like my bed.

Keep up the great work because it's hard to find establishments with great customer service skills and everyone employee I had the pleasure of encountering had it down wonderfully.

I shall see you all soon and enjoy my stay longer.

Room Tip: I was on the 7th. floor 708 with amazing views of the skyline.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank DiniJ16
GMofHamptonMarina, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear Dinij16,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and comments regarding your stay at the Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we can thank you enough for the raving comments!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 20 March 2014

We stayed at this Crowne Plaza on a recent trip through Virginia. We used Priceline and were surprised to see this property listed as a 3.5 star, it did not meet those expectations. In the first room we were assigned, the ceiling in the shower was falling down. Thankfully we were moved to another room without issue, but the second had problems as well. The carpet/bathroom floors were significantly stained. The A/C unit made a very loud racket every time it came on a prevented us from resting well during the night. By the time morning came, we showered quickly and left. It was very disappointing to see such a wonderful location (right on the water, the view from our room was great!) degraded by substandard accommodations.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ahmonroe5
Dear ahmonroe5,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and comments regarding your stay with us. Guest satisfaction is important to us and I am so sorry that you did not enjoy your stay.

Please accept our sincere apology for the problems that you encountered. We rely on our guest comments, to let us know how we are doing and what we could do better. Your feedback will be taken into consideration in our efforts to continually monitor and improve the quality and services we offer.