“Not Quite the Equal of Other HI Properties”

Hampton Inn Hampton-Newport News
Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Pleasant staff, good breakfast, very clean and good location to operate from. Despite being a reasonbly new, our room directly on Coliseum Drive was noisy if the AC fan wasn't on. Worst WIFI signal I've ever encountered in any Hilton property. Dropped constantly. TV also bad: the picture continuously cycled between good signal and fuzz.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mariahbay
Hampton109, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Hampton-Newport News, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

we are glad that you enjoyed the breakfast, location and the cleanliness of our rooms and do apologize for slow internet connection .We now have an option for fast internet service which you can choose from once you log into the system ! We would love to have you back again and experience it yourself !

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Greetings: I wanted to take this time and opportunity to acknowledge and thank the Hilton – Hampton Inn Team for my stay this past weekend. This past weekend, I stayed at the Hampton Inn, in Hampton/Newport News Virginia on Coliseum Drive. The stay was excellent from the reservation, to the check in, the check out, the living quarters, the food and the Hotel personnel. Specifically: • The Conference Room that was utilized for the service was excellent • The room living quarters were first-rate • The dining services, food and quality of the dining was amazing; even though the Hotel was full Thanks Sylvia Watts

1  Thank Sylvia W

Ms Watts Thank you so much for taking out the time to write a review for us !!! Your Stay at The Hampton Inn was an honor for us ! We look forward to having you back with us soon !

Reviewed 19 May 2014

This was my first stay at this particular Hampton Inn. I was traveling for business and chose this hotel because it had an available smoking room. Talk about one satisfied customer! The hotel was in fantastic comndition, very clean and updated. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The bed was the most comfortable I have slept in for years (including my own bed). Yuo can bet next time I travel to Hampton for work, this is where I will stay!

1  Thank Stephanie M

Thank you so much !!! Yes the beds at The Hampton Inn are carefully designed to give the best sleep to its guests ! AND It is our pleasure to have you as our Guest and look forward to welcoming you again !

Reviewed 16 May 2014

A very quiet hotel that is approximately a 5-minute drive to shopping and restaurants. Standard Hampton Inn with the usual breakfast and rooms – although the pillows were very small (not sure I understand this) so we had to ask for regular size pillows. Staff was very friendly and accommodating and there is not much around the hotel so you will need a car to go to the mall (out parking lot & go right) for places to eat and drink. Gym is adequate with 4 cardio and a few weights…..but a very small room.

A good choice if looking for a quite location – sits in business buildings area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your detailed review ! we appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your stay at The Hampton Inn and look forward to Welcoming you back soon !

Reviewed 12 May 2014

The shower door fell off its rails while I was showering. This could have been a very dangerous situation. It certainly was an awkward one. Very noisy hallway outside my room and poor temperature control in the room. No one was available at the front desk for check-out. I looked around and waited, but eventually had to leave without a final billing statement. This is after my key didn't work when I checked in requiring me to return to the lobby for an updated key.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We Apologize for your sad experience at The Hampton Inn . I have followed up with our staff to see how we could have done things better ! We do appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your experience and apologize once again !

Reviewed 2 May 2014

There for a business trip. Great breakfast, clean room, plenty of parking. Didn't know if there was a pool but if I go back, I will use it. I would definitely recommend this hotel. Also located close to variety of food options and shopping.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 April 2014

After booking at room at a near by Red Roof Inn and checking out after the 1st night of a 3 night stay, we ended up at the Hampton Inn.
Can't say that I have any complaints (unless you count the fact that I was having a craving for microwave popcorn around 11PM and ventured to the front desk to ask if they by chance any I could purchase, much to my dismay; they didn't) But they did have the complimentary chocolate chip cookies, so I settled for one of those with some hot tea. :-)

There was some type of high school basketball event going on, and around midnight one of the evenings the fire alarms went off startling us all awake. Upon checking the hallway with everyone else - it smelled like pot. I do no fault of the hotel because fault the lies chaperons & kids. We did not have to evacuate.

Breakfast was good with a nice variety as always and the hot items were kept stocked while feeding all those basketball kids.

Business room is a plus if you need to print something last minute.
Internet was slow and I kept having to log in repeatedly with the same pc.

We enjoy the Hampton and will stay there again next week, while visiting a relative that just moved to the area. I'm also betting it will be my go to hotel in that area from now on. Hopefully I remember to pack some microwave popcorn.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family