“enjoyed my stay”

Ranked #6 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
newark
“enjoyed my stay”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

The Marriott hotel is always my choice when traveling...I loved my room great check in service. My nephew was also loved the lobby I would definitely stay there again. I didn't have problem with my room. The beds were comfortable and clean.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank teadrinker64
Mark B, General Manager at Courtyard Hampton, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear Teadrinker64,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey. We are delighted that your stay with the Courtyard Hampton was enjoyable.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

We couldn't believe how nice and friendly this hotel was! I stay at Courtyard Marriott's 10-15 times a year and was left impressed beyond words with this hotel. The rooms were kept very clean and the housekeeping was very attentive. All employees were super friendly and helpful. The only downside is weekends when sport teams stay. The teams there the weekend we stayed were loud but the staff responded quickly to the issue.

Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Allen0116
Mark B, General Manager at Courtyard Hampton, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Dear Allen,

Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed 31 March 2014

we reserved 2 rooms and asked for 2 rooms with double beds or Queens preferably, when we got there we had a king with a pull out, they did finally call and said they had a double for us, but we were settled in and one of the people coming ended up not coming, then we needed extra pillows and went to front desk and the front desk said they didn't have any extra pillows at al, in the hotel... hard to believe...

Room Tip: Make sure you clarify how many beds you need and that you ask them if you are getting the size and n...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank 3pearls
Mark B, General Manager at Courtyard Hampton, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear 3pearls:

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey and sharing your experience with our hotel.

You indicated in your response that you had issues with getting extra pillows. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

We are working to ensure this item is addressed by our Housekeeping leader as well as retraining all front desk associates on proper handling of guest requests.

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future. If I may be of assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me. Thank you again for you feedback!

Courtyard by Marriott - Hampton, VA
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

The lobby was inviting and clean. The staff was very friendly, helpful abduction nice. The hotel property looked well maintained. however at a closer look..... there was hair all over the bathroom and sink. there was urine on the toilet seat and floor. The balcony was filthy and the sheets were stained with some sort of grey paint.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank JDK003
Mark B, General Manager at Courtyard Hampton, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Dear JDK003,

You indicated in your response that you had issues with Housekeeping overall. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

We are working to ensure all of items are addressed by our Housekeeping leader.

Courtyard by Marriott - Hampton, VA
757-838-3300
Four Oaks, North Carolina
Reviewed 2 March 2014

The hotel itself was clean and modern. There is no breakfast offered, but there was a small store and bistro that you could purchase items in. Needless to say, the items were very expensive. The room itself was a decent size, but the heater took the word "warm" to heart. It got so hot in the room, despite turning the heat down to 50, that we ended up turning the heat off. Upon getting home and checking my credit card, I discovered that the hotel had charged an extra $50.00 to our card for "incidentals". I called the hotel and asked them why they had charged my card for $50.00 more than I was showing on the print out they gave me and they said that they do that to everyone just in case they used other services after the card was swiped. They claim that they notify the credit card company and that it should be "released" back to my account in a couple of days. I have NEVER had any other hotel do this. Will NOT stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sharon H
Mark B, General Manager at Courtyard Hampton, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear Sharon H:

You indicated in your response that you had concerns with the heater in your room as well as the credit card authorization for incidentals. Please accept our sincere apologies for this inconvenience you experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. I am having our Chief Engineer look at the heating element in that unit to replace it as needed.

As for the credit card authorization, each guest who pays by credit/debit are subject to a minimal incidental authrization of approximately $25 per day to cover any charges above and beyond room and tax. I'm deeply sorry that this was not relayed to you upon check-in. Moving forward, my front desk supervisor will conduct a training session with all front line associates to address proper guest communication as it pertains to their credit card activity.

Unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit. And I do hope you will reconsider staying with us the next time your travels bring you back to Hampton, VA. We'd love to have you back!

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. If I may be of assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me. Thank you again for you feedback!

MARK BLEAKLEY
Courtyard Hampton
mark.bleakley@marriott.com
757-838-3300
Fargo, North Dakota
Reviewed 25 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel but will not do so again.

First, it is winter, 14 degrees and the place was freezing cold. The halls were like ice and to go down the hall you needed a coat. I asked the desk if they could make them warmer and the response was "Well, I don't know." Well, no it was not made warmer.

The staff wore coats and sweaters and scarfs, wool scarfs. The lobby was fairly comfortable but not warm at all. They had gas logs that put out no heat.

My room was cold, despite having the heat up to 78 degrees. There was a draft on the floor, coming from under the air conditioning unit. I was on the ground floor and they had sliding glass doors which leaked air. At 14 and a 20 mph wind it let in a lot. I never got warm.

The bathroom had no heat and despite leaving the door open all the time to it, you froze when you got out of the shower. I put the heat up to 80 just to get warm. The bathroom needed some fixing, the water control leaked water, the door jamb had rusted and was hastily caulked and painted over but had rusted through again.

The bed was comfortable but there were not enough covers and no blanket available.
The food was so-so and my group opted to go out.

The exercise room was just as cold. Try working up a sweat in the cold.

I travel a lot and as a business man I would not select this hotel again, especially in the winter. I have been in Cleveland in January and was warmer. This is the coldest place I have ever stayed. Management needs to take a look at this.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Mark B, General Manager at Courtyard Hampton, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Greetings from Hampton Virginia:
Thank you for taking time to send us your feedback. I am so sorry for the cold experience you had while staying with us. As soon as I received your feedback I got with my Chief Engineer to ensure all heating elements were in proper order and functioning at full capacity.

I can only imagine how uncomfortable it was for you and your group trying to relax and enjoy your stay. We take pride in the service we give to all of our guests and hope that you will reconsider staying with us again when yor travels bring you back to Hampton, VA.

Thank you again for your response.

Mark
Foster City, California
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Hotel is located close to highway so easy to find which is nice. It is a little noisey from the highway, but a fair trade off. The people at the desk were helpful with directions to close by shopping that I was looking for. Only a one night stay so didn't really use the facilities available. Good to have a refrigerator in the room.

It is close to the train station which I used for this trip.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo