“The place to stay near the convention center”
Review of Courtyard Hampton

Courtyard Hampton
Ranked #5 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
Huntsville, Alabama
“The place to stay near the convention center”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

The desk staff were extremely accomodaitng, giving me very good directions to the room and the best place to park. The lobby is large, clean and very comfortable. The rooms very clean and spacious. Everything is up-to-date. This is a very good business hotel for a short to moderate stay. This hotel exceeded my expectations in almost every way. (getting upgraded to an executive suite certainly added to my expectations being exceeded).

Room Tip: Request a room on the interior (courtyard) side. They have balconies and patios overlooking the poo...
Green Features: This is in no way a factor I use in selecting a hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Mark B, General Manager at Courtyard Hampton, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Secondtimothy,

Mark B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Stayed here 7/19/14. I checked in around 1130pm. Upon arriving the doors were locked but security let me in right away, that was nice in my opinion that the doors were locked and you could only get in with your keycard. My check-in time was very fast. The only thing I can say is that the female behind the desk told me to park on the other side of the building because that is where my room was located. Honeslty in my opinion, I could have stayed parked right where I was and got to my room just fine from the front desk. I COULD NOT FIND THE ELEVATOR LOL...it is located in the oddest place. My room and the bathroom was very clean(if you have read my other reviews, you know how I am about cleanliness), the room gave me that nice and warm feeling. Some of the furniture was chipped, you can see the marks in the wood but that wasnt a big issue with me. I didnt stay for breakfast so I cant give my opinion on that. Overall, great stay. They could have vaccum the floors!!! Oh, and the walls are kinda thin, could hear people in and out of their rooms all night.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Mark B, General Manager at Courtyard Hampton, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Toya U,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey. We are delighted that your stay with the Courtyard Hampton was enjoyable. Thank you for the feedback on the directions you received. I'll be sure to address that..

Dundee, Michigan
Reviewed 6 July 2014

first the good things....close to freeway, GREAT BED, and has a pool for the kids. Things that need improvement...sofa bed wasn't comfortable (no extra bedding in the closet), and the room had that "hotel" smell, perhaps smokers? But over all it was a NICE hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Mark B, General Manager at Courtyard Hampton, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Shelly,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey. We are delighted that your stay with the Courtyard Hampton was enjoyable. Thank you specifically for the feedback re: the smell of the room as well as the sofabed. We are addressing both so that our future guests will not have that same experience.

Fairfax County, Virginia
Reviewed 28 June 2014

The location is convenient to the Hampton coliseum and convention center. My room was clean and pleasant. The staff were very friendly and helpful.
I appreciated the fitness room - not much equipment but a good variety and sufficient for my needs.
I'd stay here again when traveling for business.
My room had a refrigerator which was helpful but my understanding is that not all rooms do.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Christopher P, Manager at Courtyard Hampton, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
I'd stay here again when traveling for business.

Melissa,

Thank you so much for your feedback about your most recent stay with us here at the Courtyard by Marriott in Hampton Virginia. We are so very pleased that we could be of service to you; moreover, I am very delighted that my staff was able to meet your needs and provide refreshing service. We will be honored and excited to be at your service on your next visit to the area while on business or pleasure. All of our rooms are equipped with refrigerators for guests convenience, so please accept my apologies if this information was communicated incorrectly to you; however, we will take actions to make sure our staff is well informed so that you get the most up to date, valid, and honest information. We look forward to seeing you again, thanks for the business.
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 23 June 2014

The room did not have a view but it was clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and I would stay at this property again. The location is near a mall with lots of places to eat. Having never visited this place before it is a nice get away if you want to miss DC.

Room Tip: My room was on the second floor and a little noisy with other families around.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Admin77
Dear Admin 77,

Rochester New York
Reviewed 19 June 2014

The rooms are a little dated and worn but not that bad. Hotel is very close to the coliseum and a mall just a short walk or drive from the hotel. We didn't use the pool but we did eat at the bistro. Food was average.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JimmyJ62
Mark B, General Manager at Courtyard Hampton, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear Jimmy:

Thank you so much for your feedback about your stay at our hotel. We just finished a renovation in 2012 along with the addition of our BISTRO. I'm so sorry that your food and beverage experience was just average. We strive to make sure all of our guests feel comfortable and have a positive experience.

I would love to know more about your overall experience. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel at your convenience.

Kind Regards,
Christiansburg, Virginia
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night traveling for business. Everything was good .. Friendly staff, easy check in process, clean room. Had dinner and breakfast in the bistro, and both were good. I enjoy the Marriott brand, and this was another great stay. Will definitely stay here again if in the area!

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business