“Not a Ordinary road-side Courtyard”
Review of Courtyard Hampton

Courtyard Hampton
Ranked #6 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
Reviewed 23 August 2014

We stayed in Courtyard Marriott Hampton, during the recreational tennis event, and we loved it. This mid size Courtyard hotel was newly renovated with eclectic design, especially main lobby. It has a small gym and outdoor pool, which is a great place to chill with few drinks. The hotel's courtyard is also great and puts your mind to some beach resort, and NOT 1/2 mile from major highway. There is also a outside lounge area. The balcony with a courtyard view was just perfect for relaxing with wine and crackers. The king size bed so heavenly, that you want to take it home. The gov rates are $84 with ONE (1) hot breakfast, which is just fine for one person. The nearby premier shopping mall has restaurants and bars, so you do not have to drive around for food and drinks. Easy access to highway I-64. Just 10 min away there is a Hampton beach, so beach lovers.

Room Tip: Ask for room with a courtyard view.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TravelAdventureGurus
Mark B, General Manager at Courtyard Hampton, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear Goranfoto,

Reviewed 20 August 2014

The hotel was very clean and accomodating. The hotel staff was wonderful. One of the housekeeping personnel spent almost an hour helping us find an item. I was so grateful. I would highly recommend if you are going to Hampton stay with them.

Room Tip: We enjoyed a room on the third floor overlooking the pool area. I enjoyed reading on the nice balcon...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank SouthboundTrio
Mark B, General Manager at Courtyard Hampton, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear Southernbound Trio,

Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

We arrived in Hampton early after a 10 hr ride. 8am. Our first hotel couldn't accommodate us until 4pm! We searched and found Courtyard and they were able to accommodate us and had a room available. The front desk was personable and understanding. Room was clean. Shower clean and hotel staff always greeted us. Enjoy your stay here, we did.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Mark B, General Manager at Courtyard Hampton, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Shawn,

Reviewed 29 July 2014

The desk staff were extremely accomodaitng, giving me very good directions to the room and the best place to park. The lobby is large, clean and very comfortable. The rooms very clean and spacious. Everything is up-to-date. This is a very good business hotel for a short to moderate stay. This hotel exceeded my expectations in almost every way. (getting upgraded to an executive suite certainly added to my expectations being exceeded).

Room Tip: Request a room on the interior (courtyard) side. They have balconies and patios overlooking the poo...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Mark B, General Manager at Courtyard Hampton, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Secondtimothy,

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Stayed here 7/19/14. I checked in around 1130pm. Upon arriving the doors were locked but security let me in right away, that was nice in my opinion that the doors were locked and you could only get in with your keycard. My check-in time was very fast. The only thing I can say is that the female behind the desk told me to park on the other side of the building because that is where my room was located. Honeslty in my opinion, I could have stayed parked right where I was and got to my room just fine from the front desk. I COULD NOT FIND THE ELEVATOR LOL...it is located in the oddest place. My room and the bathroom was very clean(if you have read my other reviews, you know how I am about cleanliness), the room gave me that nice and warm feeling. Some of the furniture was chipped, you can see the marks in the wood but that wasnt a big issue with me. I didnt stay for breakfast so I cant give my opinion on that. Overall, great stay. They could have vaccum the floors!!! Oh, and the walls are kinda thin, could hear people in and out of their rooms all night.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Mark B, General Manager at Courtyard Hampton, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Toya U,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey. We are delighted that your stay with the Courtyard Hampton was enjoyable. Thank you for the feedback on the directions you received. I'll be sure to address that..

Reviewed 6 July 2014

first the good things....close to freeway, GREAT BED, and has a pool for the kids. Things that need improvement...sofa bed wasn't comfortable (no extra bedding in the closet), and the room had that "hotel" smell, perhaps smokers? But over all it was a NICE hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Mark B, General Manager at Courtyard Hampton, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear Shelly,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey. We are delighted that your stay with the Courtyard Hampton was enjoyable. Thank you specifically for the feedback re: the smell of the room as well as the sofabed. We are addressing both so that our future guests will not have that same experience.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

The location is convenient to the Hampton coliseum and convention center. My room was clean and pleasant. The staff were very friendly and helpful.
I appreciated the fitness room - not much equipment but a good variety and sufficient for my needs.
I'd stay here again when traveling for business.
My room had a refrigerator which was helpful but my understanding is that not all rooms do.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Christopher P, Manager at Courtyard Hampton, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

I'd stay here again when traveling for business.

Melissa,

Thank you so much for your feedback about your most recent stay with us here at the Courtyard by Marriott in Hampton Virginia. We are so very pleased that we could be of service to you; moreover, I am very delighted that my staff was able to meet your needs and provide refreshing service. We will be honored and excited to be at your service on your next visit to the area while on business or pleasure. All of our rooms are equipped with refrigerators for guests convenience, so please accept my apologies if this information was communicated incorrectly to you; however, we will take actions to make sure our staff is well informed so that you get the most up to date, valid, and honest information. We look forward to seeing you again, thanks for the business.