“A Wonderful Time” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lady Neptune Bed and Breakfast Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hampton
Lady Neptune Bed and Breakfast Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Hampton B&B and Inns
Baltimore, Maryland
“A Wonderful Time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

I want to thank Ms.Shirley for a wonderful time and making sure everything we needed was there.The room was nice and cozy.Thank for sending us in style to The Comfort Zone in VIP and coming back and crashing the party next door ..Thanks again for such a great week from The Whites.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Goddness34

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Laurel, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013 via mobile

I cannot say enough good things about the Lady Neptune and the McQueens, especially Shirley. She is a very thoughtful hostess; she always seemed to anticipate what I needed before I asked. I was traveling alone, although my daughter and her boyfriend were living across the street. Miss Shirley even let me invite them for breakfast, which was wonderful since our time together on this trip was so short. I was in the Raspberry Deluxe room, which is on the second level, with ocean views and ocean breezes. It has a jacuzzi tub right in the room, and there is also a private powder room/lavatory. The whole house, including Raspberry Deluxe, is nicely decorated mostly in French Provincial with touches of New Orleans and the beach. The breakfasts are delicious and can be tiny or more substantial, whatever you prefer. There is a lot of modern technology around the house -- flat screen TVs and wifi -- for those who like that sort of thing (I do). One thing I didn't get to do on this trip is to rent the whole house, maybe for family members to stay in during a wedding or other big local event. My husband will love the Lady Neptune; I can't wait to show it to him.

Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Maggie P
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2011

Hello Shirley, this is Diva number 3 making her grand entry fashionably late. Just want you to know you showed us a grand time. You packed a life time of experience in just 4 days. You made me a believer of staying in a Bed and Breakfast. Bravo! You are truly a gracious hostess who treated total strangers as friends. You made our stay a most rewarding experience. The food was scruptious, we had the comfort of home, the rooms are decorated conducive to easing everyday stress to include soft colors, and lastly, your hospitality. You are truly a great hostess. I will always cherious the time I spent with you and your family and my friends. I will definitly return. I have found new friends .

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank bettyhbrewer
Bethesda, Maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2011

As stated in another review- our room was not clean. The rug was dirty. There was dust everywhere. Porch furniture dirty/dusty. The backyard garden was nice.
Will not return or recommend.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank gervitrn
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2010

The Lady Neptune is THE most marvelous place to stay in that area. It is the place I will always stay when I am in that area...in fact, I'm thinking of moving there when the time is right! Shirley and her family make you feel like you are a part of their family. Delightfully decorated! Fun fun fun! I had the Raspberry Deluxe with the jacuzzi and the window seat...BEAUTIFUL....could see the water from my room. Cheese, crackers and wine for a wonderful snack!!! That jacuzzi got it's work out with me and my guest!!! It was quite relaxing time.....good for the soul. Shirley is perfect with all she presents you with...most of all her love and her charm. Breakfast, was, as always, the BEST you could want.....outside watching the marsh and sneaking in a hug here or there! <smiling> Shirley is the owner, but, she's my friend and she's my absolute caregiver while I am there! I plan to go and stay for a couple of weeks or more in the winter...I have some books to write and some reiki to share and teach and I think I've found the PERFECT place for ME to do that! The place is a treasure right there at Buckroe Beach in Hampton.........lots of wonderful places close around...most of all the beach and the marsh. The decor is perfect and beautifullly laid out for the fun loving and eccentric at heart!!! Clean....whatever you want, all you have to do is ask! Shirley, you keep on my friend, because as long as you are there, I know I have a place to rest and rejuvenate my soul! I love you and I love your place! We had an absolutely wonderfully, beautiful and romantic time!!! And you added all the right touches!!! Susan Watters AKA: Susan/Freebird www.dynamicsofenergy.org

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Freebird1954
Gambrills, MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2010

We stayed at the Lady Neptune this weekend. My wife and I are seasoned B&B aficianados and Lady Neptune is at the top of our list. It is in a great location near the Beach and backs us to a meadow and marsh. Very nice scenery. We had the best of Southern Hospitality including wine and cheese when we arrived. The house is filled with antiques collected over the years. The Lilac Suite was very comfortable and had an adjoining sitting room and bath. Very spacious and bright. The breakfast was delicious and included quiche, sausage, rolls and fruit. We ate on the back deck overlooking the marsh and it was very relaxing. Shirley opened up her home to us and treated us like friends. She was happy to satisfy every request we had. Shirley has run this B&B for 13 years and you can see she still loves doing it. We are planning a follow-up trip and it will definitely include a stay at Lady Neptune
Brett

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ghhelp1
Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2008

I visited Lady Neptune for my 60 birthday.
The experience was terrible!
The room was not inviting. Not clean! Floors or Jacuzzi.
The toilet when flushed runned and tank did not refill. My
husband had to lift the top to reset it each time flushed.
Towels were dingy, overused, and mixed-matched. We went out and brought towels.
Breakfast was fair but we choose not to eat the the next morning.
There was a dog present downstair, upstairs and near the breakfast table.
We stayed, but I didn't want to.
The area was lovely and we enjoyed walking by the water.
Overall though I would say this was one of the worst stays in a bed and breakfast!

• Liked — Area
  • Disliked — The cleanliness, amenities
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled as a couple
      Check-in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hampton
Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina
Embassy Suites by Hilton Hampton Hotel Convention Center & Spa
Hampton Inn Hampton-Newport News
BEST WESTERN PLUS Holiday Sands Inn & Suites
Hilton Garden Inn Hampton Coliseum Central
Holiday Inn Express Hampton Coliseum Central

Been to Lady Neptune Bed and Breakfast Inn? Share your experiences!