“Great space and comfortable”

Candlewood Suites - Hampton
Ranked #8 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
Ellicott City, Maryland
“Great space and comfortable”
Reviewed 28 January 2013

Great place to stay! I had to coordinate several rooms for my daughter's volleyball team and spoke to Michele, Adam and George several times prior to my trip. They were all very friendly and helpful. The rooms were comfortable and the queen bed and lines very cozy. I especially liked all of the walking space and kitchen area. Much more space than your typically hotel room.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Beth W
CWSHPT, General Manager at Candlewood Suites - Hampton, responded to this review, 2 April 2013
Thank you Beth W for sharing your experience with us. We have an amazing team here at Candlewood Hampton. Our goal is deliver exceptional service to all of our guest. I have shared your comments with the team. Again thank you for wonderful comments. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Reviewed 8 December 2012

I just pcs'ed to the area, and after finding the Langley hotel didn't have the room I reserved, I called this hotel. The staff was very accommodating and got me settled in very quickly, at a great rate. The room was big, and clean, which was very important to me since I have a 3 year old. I stayed a little longer than I thought because I couldn't find a apt I liked. The hotel assured me this was no problem, and was always helpful in giving me suggestions where to look. Adam treated us like family, and we really felt comfortable asking his opinions about the area. All of the other staff members were always friendly, I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Price is great. Area is quiet. Staff is phenomanol. Thanks Candlewood Suites, for the wonderful welcome to the area.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Tmaeder12
Hampton, VA
Reviewed 7 December 2012

The staff at this Candlewood Suites is TERRIFIC! Everyone has been very helpful for the three weeks that I have stayed here. One morning, one of the staff members even scraped my frosty windows before I headed off to work. The pantry has excellent choices for meals/snacks and use of the laundry facility is free. Easy access to Interstate 64, too.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Connie C
Hollywood, Maryland
Reviewed 2 December 2012

property recently renovated.this property was very nice before the renovation. laundry and gym on property. great experience at this location. staff was very friendly and courteous. I would recommend this location for business or pleasure. great location for extended stays

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank leonX_756
Hampton, Virginia
Reviewed 15 November 2012

Overall my husband and I's 2+ month stay here was nice. We just relocated to the area and we had to stay here while we waited to get into our new house. The staff overall was very helpful and friendly. Aside from one assistant manager, during the stay I had zero complaint on any staff I encountered. Our room was clean and it was a very bearable 2+ months in a hotel .

Now had I written this review the day I left the hotel it would have been nothing but praises.

HOWEVER, after we checked out we encountered a great deal of headaches.
We accidentally left a bag of our belongings, one item extremely important. We checked out on a Sunday, I called Monday night when we realized they were gone and they said they would call us the next day. No call received. Called back on Thursday to be told our items were thrown away. The items were obviously not trash and were wrapped up to be protected. I was so disturbed that they were not put in a lost and found that I called guest services. They informed me that they should have put the items in a lost and found for 30-60 days. Guest services said that they would look into it and try to rectify the situation. They explained that it normally takes 48 hours but that I should hear something by the end of the weekend. Tuesday rolls around and still nothing. I called guest services back and they checked into it saying that the hotel claimed not to have received the original case and they would look into it and the GM would call me. I waited around until Thursday (Today) with still no call from the GM. Called guest services back only to be told immediately that it was my fault for leaving it and there was nothing he would do. I got off the phone even more aggravated that I had been lead to believe something was going to happen to rectify the situation that I called back and spoke again with someone else. They called the hotel again and they just claimed that our items were not found and that was the end of all conversations. My husband and I both are incredibly upset about how everything was handled. Yes, it was our fault for leaving a bag. However, it was clearly not trash and should have been placed in a lost and found. We stayed there for over two months; they could have at least given us a courtesy call asking if the items were trash. The hotels actions, as well as guest services actions, disappointed us. We are likely never to recommend or return to a Candlewood Suites. Possibly even boycott any other hotel associated with Candlewood after this experience.

Poor Customer Service is a deal breaker.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jamie G
Lexington, NC
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Very nice comfortable rooms for long term stays away from your real home. They provide washers and dryers for free during your stay. They are very helpful and friendly. Adam and Diane are awesome. Because of my husbands work we have been here for several weeks and could turn into several months depending on the job so this has literally become our home away from home. Everyone here makes you feel at home as well. We recommend this hotel to anyone.....especially ones that travel with pets. Very clean, especially friendly and very affordable!!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Laurie A
Hampton, Virginia
Reviewed 30 October 2012

I live in the Hampton area in a neighborhood along the waterfront, and during Hurricane Sandy, my neighborhood flooded badly. My husband was on 24 hour duty and I was scared to be alone in our home with our two dogs in case power went out. I called the Candlewood Suites at 9am to ask when the earliest check in time would be (ordinarily 3pm). A guy named Adam was at the front desk and told me to come on in as soon as I wanted... he didn't want me to be stranded in the storm. When I arrived, I was visibly shaken up by the drive and my dogs were antsy and barking. Adam and another staff member Dana told me to relax and not worry about anything. They gave me a room near the front desk in case I needed anything, offered me a list of DVDs, and made me feel very safe and at ease. I was genuinely touched by the lengths they went to to make me feel comfortable after a stressful few hours. I would recommend this hotel to ANYONE, if not for any other reason (the rooms was also big, clean, and comfortable), because the staff was amazing. I am very thankful to them!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo