“Great Room for Your Buck”

Red Roof Inn Hampton
Ranked #13 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
Reviewed 5 October 2011

I chose this hotel for its modern rooms and ressonable prices. The rooms were clean and tidy, providing the essentials for your stay, plentiful towels & pillows, microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker, and safe. The maids were friendly and provided clean linens the following day. The beds were a little stiff, but comfortable enough for a nights sleep. I only wish that they were able to provide a complimentary breakfast for the exellecent score.

Room Tip: Search on Google for coupons to save a little more on your stay =)
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Jessica L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hampton, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on your stay with us! All of the positive comments are greatly appreciated as all team members are trying their personal best to ensure each and every guest has an enjoyable stay! We are currently testing some breakfast ideas, so please stay tuned! Thanks again for the review and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit!

Jessica Lewis
1925 Coliseum Dr # 7108
Hampton, VA 23666
(757) 838-1872

There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn Hampton

Reviewed 12 September 2011

We had booked a room april 1 2011. When we tried to check in we were told that they had accidentally double booked the hotel. We were told we would not be charged, and were given a free night elsewhere for all the trouble. Now here it is september 12, 2011(more than 5 months later) and the Red roof inn has charged my account for $73.44. When I spoke to the manager, he told me it would take a couple of days for the charge to be reversed. Needless to say we will never attempt to stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Jessica L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hampton, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2011

First, let me apologize for the error in billing that you experienced from our hotel and for the inconvenience we have caused you. I hope that after the conversation we had today that you will indeed give us another try the next time your travels should bring you back to our area. As I mentioned on the phone earlier, please do not hesitate to reach out to me personally should you need anything in the future or have any questions I can help with! Again, I am very sorry for the billing error and appreciate you allowing me to rectify the situation.

Jessica Lewis, General Manager
1925 Coliseum Dr # 7108
Hampton, VA 23666
(757) 838-1872

Reviewed 19 July 2011

Clean. Some ants near window. Toilet flushed, but need to hold down the handle. Bathroom clean. Tv worked. Remote worked. Staff attentive. Saturday night was noisy and was awoken to a woman screaming and banging on her door; not the property's fault. Bed was hard and made my hips hurt. Ac worked. Sheets were clean. Dog-friendly. Pillows were clean and comfortable. Coffee was available.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 June 2011

This was the most nastiest room I have ever seen. The smell was horrible...smelled like smoke and urine. The smell was in my clothes. This place needs to be condemned and rebuilt. I can't believe they allow people to sleep in something like this.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 March 2011

1st strike: Hampton Police Department on scene w/3 patrol cars for domestic call. Must be the need to charge me $1.50 a day for in room safe for my protection?
2nd strike: Room dirty and office space dirty.
3rd strike: No TV remote for room or working clock. No internet access. Using neighboring motel's internet access to write this review.

I'm out of here before I get shot, maimed, killed or catch the "fumungi" virus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank jimp56
Reviewed 6 March 2011

This is my first time staying at a Red Roof Inn. I stayed at this location because of the host hotel of the event that I was attending was booked.

Once we got our room it was aweful. The bed had pubic hair all over it and at room was not clean. The bed looked as if the linings had never been changed. We did not feel comfortable with our location of the hotel. We asked for another room and that room looked as if someone was already staying there with unmade bed and dirty. After 3 tries, we finiallly got a room that was fairly clean. It was not as clean as I expected it to be.

Lastly, upon checking out, the lady behind the counter had charged the security deposit on my credit card. We didn't use the safe, but I told her and she credited it to my card, but only for 1 night. There was an additonal $1.50 still charged for the second night.

Overall, the hotel was not nearly as nice as expected from the website or hotel description. The room rate was much too high ($75-night)for the quality of hotel that we stayed at, where we could have stayed at the next door Howard Johnson or Quality Inn for a cheaper price and more immendities, but they were already booked.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank jaychelle
Reviewed 24 October 2010

Upon arriveing at this hotel, I found a very polite, friendly and helpful desk clerk.
Who quickly checked me inn (punn there) and gave me the key to a room.
However I had to return to him for a different room due to the fact that the room I was assigned had a terrible odor. I couldnt say for sure if it was a moldy odor, or damp smoke. But the clerk was quick to change my room, had no problems doing so and I was set for the night. The room was a little old in material, but was clean and properly prepared for guests.
I slept well.
THe only real complaint was that the Internet access was slow.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business