“The Red Roof”

Ranked #13 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
Warren, Pennsylvania
“The Red Roof”
Reviewed 14 August 2012

This motel was just a place for one night. The place was okay-ish. There were 2 pubic hairs in the bathroom, including one stuck on the shower wall. There was soap caked on to the soap thing in the shower as well. There was a DEAD COCKROACH outside the place. If they are outside, they will be inside... You could hear people talking from in the room, not to mention the room was sketchy. Very friendly service though. If you are a little short of cash or just need a bed, this is an option.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank oceanlover1000
Jessica L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hampton, responded to this review, 17 August 2012
To Our Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review on your previous stay with us. We appreciate all guest feedback as this is the only way that we can become exactly what our guests are looking for. I have shared your feedback with my entire team and we greatly appreciate the comments regarding our friendly service, we try very hard with each guest. I'm very sorry that our rooms did not exceed your expectations.
We have listened to our guest’s feedback and are about to begin a full renovation of our hotel on August 20, 2012. During this renovation, we will be replacing all of our carpet with beautiful hard wood floors, warming up our walls with new accent colors, and replacing all beds with new pillow top mattresses and new plush comforters and pillows. We hope that you will come back and visit us again, allowing us to prove to you that we are a hotel that you want to visit each time you are in the Hampton area.
Thank you again for your review and have a great rest of the summer!

(757) 838-1870

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 3 August 2012

Normally when you get a deal on a room you end up getting what you pay for. Not so much with this property. This is not a hotel; it is a motel. We paid $70 for something that should have been $40. We had the deluxe room. I wonder that the regular room looks like. Our beds had no dust ruffles so that the box spring was visible along with the bed frame. The mattresses were not comfortable. They looked cheap and felt cheap.

Most importantly, safety was an issue for me. I traveled with my 3 kids and this place just didn't feel safe to me (6'4", 250 lbs., in great shape.... Worried? Yes) You had latecomers from the party scene shouting and yelling at 1 in the morning. At check out there was a lady complaining about a fight in the room above hers where someone kept yelling "I think he's dead, I think you killed him."

Unless you're traveling alone and don't mind the wild wild west world of adventure, keep your family safe and go to the Comfort in on the same street or pay a few more bucks and get a room at the Embassy Suites next door.

Room Tip: I wish I could.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Jessica L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hampton, responded to this review, 6 August 2012
To Our Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. My entire team and I are very sorry that you did not enjoy yourself while with us; we hate to have any guest leave feeling the way that you did. Your satisfaction, comfort and safety are our priorities! My staff tries their very best to ensure all is quiet around the hotel by doing property walks and working together with our local law enforcement all hours of the day, but I do apologize that you were inconvenienced by loud guests during your stay. I wanted to make you aware that beginning August 20, we will be undergoing a full renovation at our hotel as we have listened to our guests feedback and want to be able to put our best foot forward. During this renovation, we will be replacing all of our carpet with beautiful hard wood floors, warming up our walls with new accent colors, and replacing all beds with new pillow top mattresses and new plush comforters and pillows. It is my hopes that you will give us another chance the next time you are in the Hampton area to see our wonderful improvements and hopefully allowing us to show you what a normal, comfortable stay is at the Red Roof Inn Hampton. Thank you again for your review!

Marlborough, Connecticut
Reviewed 31 July 2012 via mobile

I was a little hesitant making this reservation since it was an amazing price and didn't charge extra for anima it was too good to be true, but we tried it anyway. We needed an early check in and the front desk was very accommodating. When we arrived and she noted we had a baby and a dog, she moved us to the first floor. the room was perfect for What we needed. I was impressed. The room dint smell of prior pets which was originally one of my main concerns. The WiFi was amazing, since I have read many complaints about that. I personally spoke with Jessica the manager when we checked out and she was very friendly. What really makes me love this hotel is my daughter left her blanket in the bed and I didn't notice it when we checked out. I contacted the front desk and Melissa sounded sincere. I also emailed Jessica What happened and she took my concerns and made sure I was Happy. She sent me the blanket to my home state and I still can't believe how helpful she has been. I am very pleased with the service, and staff which made my experience very pleasant.

• Stayed July 2012
Jessica L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hampton, responded to this review, 2 August 2012
To Our Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review about your stay with us and thank you for the wonderful comments! My staff and I love hearing about our guests stay as this is the only way we can become better and ensure our guests are satisfied! We are all so happy that we were able to accommodate your family, including your 4-legged child, and exceed your expectations! It was a pleasure to send you your daughter's forgotten blanket; thank you for letting me know that you did receive it. Again, thank you for taking the time to write a review and thank you for all of the positive comments! We hope to see you and your entire family during your next visit to Hampton!

Washington, DC
Reviewed 15 May 2012

This place was more like a motel rather than a hotel - all outside entrances, no real lobby. There were plenty of shady characters hanging out in the back parking lot. Our room smelled like the last guest smoked copious amounts of weed. The air conditioner didn't work properly, there were stains on the wall and floor, the thermostat had fallen off the wall, there was a hole in my bedding, and the lock didn't work properly. The only redeeming quality is that the front desk girls were super-nice. There was no fitness room either, which I have come to appreciate as standard among all levels of hotels.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Jessica L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hampton, responded to this review, 17 May 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
First let me apologize that our hotel was not up to your standards, my team and I are very sorry! We hate to have guests leave our hotel feeling the way you and your family did. We do our very best to ensure everything in the room is perfect and in proper working condition, but as stated previously, I am very sorry that we fell short on your visit; I wish we would have been able to rectify the situation prior to you leaving. We are a hotel with exterior corridors which makes the rooms more easily accessible for our guests, but do understand that some individuals would prefer an interior corridor property. Thank you for the kind remarks on our front desk girls, they try their very best and I agree they do a great job! I would love to talk with you personally regarding your stay with us, please see my contact information below. Thank you so much for your review and I do hope that next time you are in the Hampton area we may see you and your family again to give us another try!

Vermont
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Everything was totally as we had expected except the bathroom floor was not as clean as it could have been on check in and the chair in the room had all the webbing ripped and hanging down. However, the bathroom floor was cleaned properly after our first night - without us asking I might add. I used the laundry too - great value. Very friendly and helpful staff. Good Value. As always, room was hot so had to have the a/c on all night!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SugarbabeVermont
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 23 February 2012

I have stayed at several Red Roof Inns in the past and I must say, I have always experienced nothing but excellent customer service from the employees and staff at this location. They go out of their way to ensure that your stay is a pleasurable one and they treat you with the utmost respect. Thank you Jessica, Lea, Christy, Melissa, and everyone for all that you do!!!!!

Room Tip: I would suggest signing up as a RediCard member and booking the superior king. It's very roomy a...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
Jessica L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hampton, responded to this review, 25 February 2012
Samuel,
Thank you for the wonderful comments about your multiple stays with us. We love seeing you each time you walk through the door! I will make sure to post your review for all staff to see as an encouragement to keep up the great service with all guests! Also, thank you for sharing the tip of joining the Redicard Program as it does have some awesome benefits for our guests. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you soon!

US
Reviewed 9 January 2012

We have stayed in many Red Roof's over the years. However, this one we never will stay in again. We booked a room that was advertised as FREE WIFI. Well,, to make a long story short, the WIFI did not work and they knew it. It has not worked in months. We finally found out that the WIFI does not work on the first floor of the hotel AT ALL and needs repair. The only place it worked was in my car, which did not help us do business we needed to do.
Also, Red Roof has now instituted an automatic safe charge for safes they have installed. You are billed for it whether you use it or not. Check your bill. We asked that it be removed because we do not use the safe. But still at check out, the charge was on our bill. They finally removed it but we got no reduction for lack of WIFI.
Also, the parking lot did not seem safe after dark. Lots of people walking through who were not staying there.
Stay elsewhere for the money. There are lots of choices. We will.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank robbinbobbin
Jessica L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hampton, responded to this review, 11 January 2012
To Our Valued Guest,
First, let me start by saying that my team and I are so sorry that we let you down during your stay with the issue you experienced with our Complimentary Wi-Fi we offer at our property. As stated during your check-out process and also during the refund of your stay for the inconvenience you experienced, we take our guest feedback very seriously and had our internet provider on property this week to correct the issue, to ensure this will not happen again to you or any other guest. We hope that you will give us a second try, allowing us to show you what a normal stay is like at the Red Roof Inn Hampton, VA.